The Neighbors: Cancelled, No Season Three for ABC Comedy

The Neighbors TV show cancel or renew?It’s time for the aliens to go home. ABC has cancelled The Neighbors after two seasons and 44 episodes.

A family sitcom, The Neighbors follows the Weaver clan as they try to live in a beautiful gated community that’s filled with alien visitors from the planet Zabvron. The ensemble castmembers are Jami Gertz, Lenny Venito, Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Tim Jo, Clara Mamet, Ian Patrick, Isabella Cramp, and Max Charles.

After a first season of mediocre ratings, the series could have been cancelled last May. However, ABC decided to stick with it and scheduled it on Friday nights. Expectations on Fridays are lower but The Neighbors’ ratings ended up being too low for a third season renewal.

Castmate Olagundoye tweeted the news, “Tweeps, I have known since last night, but was not able to share the news until it was announced publicly. #TheNeighbirs has been cancelled”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled this show?

vk September 30, 2014 at 8:49 am

I want another season!! I can imagine the images some families gathering together, watching the show and laughing together while reading the comments. Its a shame my family can’t because we’re not in the US.. LOL just LOVE the humour and the sweet families. It’s my favourite American TV show.

Anonymous September 29, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Was just looking up date of season 3 premiere and an SO upset to read that it had been canceled!! Looked forward to it every week-made my family laugh! Bad decision-so many other shows that should have gotten the boot instead :-(

Tracey September 28, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Loved the show. It was a fun concept with great characters. There is nothing else like it to compare. Very disappointed it won’t be returning.

Anonymous September 28, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Funny show, bad decision

Wendy September 28, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Really enjoyed watching this show. It was light and funny and bizarre at times but truly enjoyed watching it with the whole family. Sad to see it gone, perhaps a series finale?

MIlan September 28, 2014 at 7:05 am

A brilliant show! Loved all the actors and characters, which is very rare…

kamora September 27, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I really enjoyed this show! It was fun, simple and sweet. Please bring it back, I have no desire to watch shows about mean snarky people being mean and snarky to each other…unless it’s Jackie Joyner Kersey trying to be a Real Housewife! LOL

Anonymous September 27, 2014 at 12:07 am

it was a good fun clean funny show should bring it back on finish it out at least I hate being left in the dark finished is out