The Neighbors: Cancelled, No Season Three for ABC Comedy

The Neighbors TV show cancel or renew?It’s time for the aliens to go home. ABC has cancelled The Neighbors after two seasons and 44 episodes.

A family sitcom, The Neighbors follows the Weaver clan as they try to live in a beautiful gated community that’s filled with alien visitors from the planet Zabvron. The ensemble castmembers are Jami Gertz, Lenny Venito, Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Tim Jo, Clara Mamet, Ian Patrick, Isabella Cramp, and Max Charles.

After a first season of mediocre ratings, the series could have been cancelled last May. However, ABC decided to stick with it and scheduled it on Friday nights. Expectations on Fridays are lower but The Neighbors’ ratings ended up being too low for a third season renewal.

Castmate Olagundoye tweeted the news, “Tweeps, I have known since last night, but was not able to share the news until it was announced publicly. #TheNeighbirs has been cancelled”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled this show?

Canceled and renewed TV show

238 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. A-Z says

What’s the deal ABC? Always canceling awesome shows: “Men at work”, “Family tools” and even “The neighbors”.
    C’mon it won’t take long ’til u’re out of TV shows,

Die! ABC! Die!

2. Anonymous says

Of course it was cancelled, it was clean and it was funny. Isn’t that the law or something? No show can be funny and clean. I am so disappointed. I kept waiting for it to start another season.

3. fay says

I was just looking for the show to start I really wanted to see him have a baby! I loved the show it was so funny it made me laugh and cry and it was only a half hour! I hope Netflix picks it up or something this can’t be the end! The TV show “The Game” restarted on a diff network you can too!!!

4. jeame shwan says

It was something definitely.
    I loved all the characters, stories, and even the aliens.
    I hope this goes forever.

5. Nancy says

The Neighbors was an awesome show, and me and my husband both think it suck that ABC cancelled it! BOO ABC!!!

6. Dick in a Box says

Loved this show. It’s the cleverest, most imaginative American show I’ve seen on TV in a while. Funny and full of innuendos that are so well presented that it’s suitable for all audiences. Unpredictable and hilariously funny at times. More suited to British humour than Two and a Half Men

7. JS says

Sorry to see ABC is not for clean family viewing!
    There is so much sex, violence and innuendos on TV during “family time” that we have to turn off the TV when our granddaughter comes to visit.
    Is it the fault of the TV stations, condoning poor morals or is it the fault of the FCC for not doing their job!
    Sorry to see another “family” show say good-bye!

• Anonymous says

they are ALL in it for the money……………period!!! I do not believe in censorship but yeah, why can’t the people like simple, basic stuff!!!

8. Cynthia says

We enjoyed this show. It was different and funny and the characters were likeable and unpredictable. I’m sure it will be replaced with something formulaic and dull. Too bad!