The Neighbors: Cancelled, No Season Three for ABC Comedy

The Neighbors TV show cancel or renew?It’s time for the aliens to go home. ABC has cancelled The Neighbors after two seasons and 44 episodes.

A family sitcom, The Neighbors follows the Weaver clan as they try to live in a beautiful gated community that’s filled with alien visitors from the planet Zabvron. The ensemble castmembers are Jami Gertz, Lenny Venito, Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Tim Jo, Clara Mamet, Ian Patrick, Isabella Cramp, and Max Charles.

After a first season of mediocre ratings, the series could have been cancelled last May. However, ABC decided to stick with it and scheduled it on Friday nights. Expectations on Fridays are lower but The Neighbors’ ratings ended up being too low for a third season renewal.

Castmate Olagundoye tweeted the news, “Tweeps, I have known since last night, but was not able to share the news until it was announced publicly. #TheNeighbirs has been cancelled”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled this show?

Natalie October 19, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I was so sad to hear about this. I can’t believe it, I do not want to believe it. Will another network pick it up….PLEASE!!!!!!!

It was such a great show.

Ellie October 22, 2014 at 10:41 am

I agree with Natalie; this was a great show! It is such a shame that these shows just aren’t given time to pick up more viewers the way they did in the past. I loved this show; it was a great way to end the week and the show always made me laugh! Another great show given the boot and left us with so many unanswered questions. I sure do hope that another network picks up the show along with Trophy Wife…

Faye October 19, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Please bring it back!! I loved this show….what a mistake.

BARBARA WALTERS October 19, 2014 at 9:07 pm

I am so sad to hear that this show has been cancelled! I loved it!! It was really well written, I guess they did not give it a chance. They needed to find a really good spot for it and it would have caught on.

SO SAD!!!! I had been looking for it and hoping it was coming back.

Beth October 19, 2014 at 5:17 pm

My whole family loved this show…. Sad to see it go….

CIndy October 19, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I am really sad to hear the show will not be returning. After seeing some of this stuff that is still on just doesn’t make sense. This show was funny and I enjoyed watching it. Its just to bad others did not feel the same way. The show was good and clean, I guess that’s why it didn’t make it.