The Unusuals

The UnusualsNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: April 8, 2009 — June 17, 2009
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Amber Tamblyn, Jeremy Renner, Harold Perrineau, Adam Goldberg, Terry Kinney, Joshua Close, Monique Curnen, and Kai Lennox.

the unusuals past TV show

TV show description:
Detective Casey Shraeger (Amber Tamblyn) starts her day as an undercover hooker working for the NYPD vice department but is suddenly and unexpectedly transferred to the division’s homicide unit. The young officer finds herself thrust into a crazy world that’s full of dark humor, bodies, and bullets. Casey’s immediately partnered with Detective Jason Walsh (Jeremy Renner). Their first assignment together isn’t any easy one — find the killer of Walsh’s former partner.

As the pair seeks out the cop killer, Casey begins to realize that the force is full of secrets and that’s just fine considering she has a few of her own. It’s also a place where it helps to have a twisted sense of humor, since every day could be your last.

Partners Eric Delahoy (Adam Goldberg) and Leo Banks (Harold Perrineau) are polar opposites. Delahoy has a serious deathwish while Banks is so cautious that he refuses to remove his bulletproof vest.

Detective Eddie Alvarez (Kai Lennox) is a practical joke-playing social climber who has no problem stealing cases if they’ll get him some front-page coverage in the papers.

Meanwhile, Detective Henry Cole (Josh Close) is a religious guy who’s trying to keep his secret past from both his streetwise partner, Allison Beaumont (Monique Gabriela Curnen), and Sgt. Harvey Brown (Terry Kinney), who is struggling to rid the 2nd precinct of corruption.
Canceled and renewed TV show

142 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jeanne says

I loved The Unusuals. PLEASE don’t take it off! It’s the BEST show on TV right now! I will have nothing to watch in the Fall! They take the best shows off TV. No wonder every show is Reality TV. Please bring it BACK!!!

2. Toni T. says

The Unusuals has a great cast, and excellent writers, one of the nest new shows this year. Please don’t cancel it, there is so little to look forward to most nights!

3. Disappointed says

Please reconsider ABC. Years ago ABC was my favorite network. I only watch three shows on a regular basis and now Ill be down to two unbelievable. I thought this show was funny, creative and a great change from what is on television today. I’m tired on reality shows and do not like the direction that TV is heading. Excellent job on casting and the writing are awesome.

4. spaz pants says

no no no no no no no!

So many great characters. It was just getting started. :(
    Please don’t cancel this one!

5. t.f. christ says

I kept looking for the show to come back. It is about the only show I watched on abc. Of course they would cancel it. They’ve lost me again!

6. super k says

I really enjoyed this show over all of the other cliche cop shows that always wind up on network television. The disappointing thing is once I started to really connect with the shows and characters….it was over. They couldnt even give it a proper finale. Im most disappointed about this show being cancelled.

7. says

Tragic! Joe bloody public doesn’t recognize a good program even when they trip over it! Ratings shouldn’t mean everything and many really popular series have very slow starts.

8. says

The Unusuals is the best new show in years. My husband and I love it. It has smart, funny, interesting, intriquing characters, with unique stories. It is finally a show that is different from ALL other crime shows. This show deserves mor PR and another try!

9. 4U2C says

I think The Unusuals is one of the better shows on television. The characters were quirky but good and funny; the storylines actually interesting; and the music grabbed my attention. My husband and I looked forward to seeing The Unusals every week. Why is a show with so much potential being canceled? Who has the power to say that this show and all its wonderful characters should be saved? Find that smart guy and give him a raise!!!

10. Kathy says

I am sad, I was growing fond of the characters, and looked forward to watch something entertaining on Wednesday night for a change. I keep looking in the guide for the broadcast time and was anticipating the ongoing communications of the cast embedded in a stroy line. It was funny, sometimes real, and yet with a serious side. What a mistake to cancel. A show like this takes time to develop a following. I was not crazy about it at first, but the second time, because nothing else was appealing to me I watched again, and begin to get hooked. The third time I was getting in tune to the different roles, and appreciated the complexity of the story lines and the people within them. I want More!

11. Tom says

I find myself drifting away from the big networks and looking more to the cable networks… The quality of the shows is much better and they seem to last a lot longer. They don’t shut down a show like The Unusuals after a couple of episodes. As soon as I start liking a show they yank it off. I really don’t know how they come up with the ratings for TV shows but I don’t believe that it really reflects what America really wants to watch. I think ABC really screwed this one up.