The White Queen: “Cancelled” by BBC, No Season Two

The White Queen canceled, no season twoEven though Starz just premiered their new TV series, The White Queen, we already know there won’t be a second season.

Based on Philippa Gregory’s bestselling historical novel series The Cousin’s War, The White Queen tells the story of three very different women as they attempt to scheme, manipulate and seduce their way onto the English throne. The cast includes Max Irons, James Frain, Rebecca Ferguson, Janet McTeer, Ben Lamb, Amanda Hale, Tom McKay, Aneurin Barnard, David Oakes, Faye Marsay, and Eleanor Tomlinson.

The show is co-financed by the BBC in the United Kingdom and Starz here in the states. The 10-part series began airing on BBC1 in June and completed its run last Sunday night.

According to Broadcast Now, the BBC has maintained that The White Queen was intended to run just one season. However, Gregory had hinted that there were hopes to continue the drama via an adaptation of The White Princess. That novel follows the story of Elizabeth of York who went on to marry Henry VII, the first Tudor King.

It now appears that a continuation won’t be happening. A BBC spokesperson said, “The White Queen will not be returning, but it is important to note that it was never actually conceived as a returnable series.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that The White Queen won’t be continuing in some form? Are you glad that the story was designed to wrap after 10 episodes?

ASSED OUT September 22, 2014 at 7:10 pm

WHAT THE !%!%!% HOW RUDE OF YOU BBC FOR TAKING THIS SHOW OFF , IT WAS HIGHLY ENTERTAINING, YOU SHOULD RECONSIDER DISCONTINUING THIS SERIES.

Rashell September 21, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Please bring back the White Queen. It is amazing, beautiful and so entertaining. I am so upset that the second season isn’t being filmed!!! Please reconsider…………..

charlotte September 20, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I really liked this show , everytime a real great series comes on some nut comes along its takes it off, I can think of alot of series that not worth watching on starz’s , and need to be cut , But they going to cut one of the best series on stars. Going to cancel my stars channel on cable, that was the only reason I had stars.

fawnflowr September 20, 2014 at 8:02 pm

it was my favorite show on Starz too and I was so disappointed it wasn’t having a second season. Now I hear talk about Starz making plans to create a second season without the BBC…so I’m holding off on cancelling starz for now!

Anonymous September 19, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Excellent series this definitely needs to come back,!!!

lisa brogan September 19, 2014 at 11:38 am

this was the most amazing series ever I am so disappointed there will not be a continuance please change your mind. I am begging you :'(

JOHN C Griffin September 18, 2014 at 3:28 am

This was a fantastic series , I enjoyed very moment and would subscribe to STARZ just to watch more of this series

Jill September 18, 2014 at 1:42 am

Sooooo dissapointed and sad that this will not return. It wasn’t well marketed. I didn’t even know about it until now. I loved the story and the royal history . Please make a second third, 4th season! Please make less nudity. it will be beloved like downton abbey!

lela semah September 15, 2014 at 12:54 pm

I am devastated that The White Queen has not season 2. My English history book sat open on my lap with each episode. please bring it back. It doesn’t say much for the viewing public when a show like this is canceled and so much other garbage continues season after season. help your fans!!

Motheropearls September 15, 2014 at 1:09 am

Why create series shows that just stop. the Borgias, Torchwood, Magic City, Rome, Boss were great but you don’t care about the loyal viewers at all. the actors change shows so fast until the viewer gets confused about what they are seeing.

Stephanie September 14, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Im fed up with the many cancellations of my favorite tv series. To name a few: Camelot, Rome, The Borgias, Magic City, Hunted, and now The White Queen!

Patricia September 14, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Of coarse I’m disappointed. I thought it was well written. I was very engaged in the series. Here it is a year later and I’m looking for Season 2. What’s that tell you?

Anonymous September 15, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Me also

stacy September 13, 2014 at 10:25 pm

I am extremely heartbroken that the White Queen won’t return. I also recorded and watch the first season over and over.

Anonymous September 13, 2014 at 3:12 pm

I am disappointed to hear there won’t be a second season of The White Queen. I was looking forward to seeing more of this series. I guess I will just have to read the book.

Maranda September 12, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I’m so sad and disappointed that The White Queen only had 1 season. I loved it and recorded the 1st season waiting all yr for a second that wouldn’t be. Please bring it back!!!!!

Barb Tipolt September 15, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I LOVE this show…PLEASE bring this back-I am begging-PLEASE