Thundarr the Barbarian: Win the Complete Series on DVD!

Thundarr the BarbarianThough the animated Thundarr the Barbarian series was only on the air for two seasons and 21 episodes, it’s earned a place in the memories of kids who grew up in the early 1980s.

Thundarr takes place in the year 3994. Civilization on Earth is in ruin after a runaway planet sped between Earth and the moon and unleashed “cosmic destruction.” The planet is divided into territories that are ruled by magic and science. Thundarr (Bob Ridgely), a barbarian, and his friends Ookla the Mok (Henry Corden) and sorceress Princess Ariel (Nellie Bellflower) travel the countryside and use their powers, courage, and wits to liberate enslaved humans and battle mutants, wizards, thieves and robots.

The complete series has just been released on DVD in a four disc set. It sells for $29.95 from the Warner Archive Collection. You can also try to win a copy here. To enter, you need to merely post a comment below. Be sure to leave your email address so that we can contact you with the good news if you win. You can enter once per day.

FacebookIf you’d like an additional chance to win, leave a comment on our Facebook page under the wall post about the contest. If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can email us for another way to enter.

Guidelines: This giveaway is open to participants with a United States mailing address only. (International readers can enter if they have a friend in the States who can accept their prizes by mail.) Many may enter but one person will win. You must be 18 and older to enter and no purchase is necessary. Contest ends October 24, 2010.

UPDATE: Congratulations to Steven Lee who won this DVD set in our contest. Thanks to everyone who played and we’ve got more contests coming!

34 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Monty says

OMG! I have sooo many fond memories of this show, runing around outside acting like I was Thundarr with my sun-sword (see tree branch) jumping off of rocks etc. yelling AHHHHHHHHHYIIIIIIII!

YAY THUNDARR!

2. robert says

i love all hanna-barbara cartoons…….to me they were all a lot better then some of the newer cartoons out there…..besides that i still remember waking up saturday mornings to watch cartoons and they were all class-act stuff unlike these days since there are no more saturday mornings cartoons in my view…..i did watch thundarr in reruns since it didn’t play in my area when it first came out….but it is definitely one of the best ones that i treasure…they don’t make cartoons like this anymore….i wish they did….but unfortunately we live in a day and age that most kids out there wouldn’t respond well with the cartoons graphics of the old compared to the ones of the now!!

3. Curt says

I was just talking about this show to my friends! I loved this show on Saturdays! One of the last good Saturday morning shows! Thrilled to see it made to DVD!

4. Michael says

this show is radtastic! the only thing that could have made it better was a christopher walken cameo! fingers crossed to win.

5. Catesha says

This was one of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons. I use to get up bright and early on Saturday mornings. I would not my miss my cartoons for the world.

6. Bill says

I loved this show I mention it to other people and they have no idea what i’m talking about. It sure beats the stuff they have on now!

7. Grandizer says

I love this show. I was waiting for it to air the next season and it never returned….
    Back then I didn’t understand the reason why? I am sure it was one of the most popular cartoons on at the time…