Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

177 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Geny says

Why would they do this?! I started watching touch on Netflix and seriously got obsessed I hope they can make an expected come back even agpfter all this time. I just really love the show I don’t know why the ratings aren’t trough the roof

2. milthon amparo says

i dont find it fair because people actually liked the show especially me now all i can do is watch the show over and over on netflix its time for new episodes

3. says

i cannot believe that they cancelled these series, i loved touch. my name is Kyana Wright, and i am the same way jake is i connect through numbers. i am different. so yea it like encouraged me. :( im mad its gone now.

4. Izzi says

I am so freaking upset that this show is cancelled. This is the best show ever. I will be in contact with fox. I am highly offended that this show is being cancelled.

5. Deb Lopez says

Fabulous concept! Touch happens in real life every day. This show really made me think & held my attention.
    My husband & I loved this show. We are upset to hear it has been cancelled. Please change your mind & bring it back on

6. tt says

I am so pissed off! Touch is an amazing show it kept me on my feet. How could they cancel a great show like this? Oh because of the stupid ratings its fricken ridiculous. It had a great plot and it was so unique. Thanks fox for ruining another great show and still having those crappy stupid ***** drugs shows you still have and then cancel a great show with a great plot that’s worth watching. So round of applause to the typical Fox.

7. pauline says

I can’t believe they cancelled another good show. If the network didn’t screw around with the timing of this show it would of gotten better ratings. One week it would be on and then two weeks later back again. Everything is connected, great story line, first season 1st episode made me cry and want more. Was looking forward to another season. Now there is this new show called Believe on and it follows the same idea. Bull. Touch had better characters. So sad.

8. Dan says

I’m disappointed that a show which actually had a plot is gone. Now there is more room on TV for more reality TV where lonely losers can watch other peoples lives and not deal with their own miserble ones.

9. robyn mckenzie says

This cancellation was a travesty…a well thought out and beautifully acted show that holds links to the quantum physics sense of reality. Too good for the masses who prefer watching toddlers paraded like prostitutes or spoiled obnoxious women and men who live ridiculous lives contributing zero to society.

10. Bill says

Guess people just don’t know a good show when they have one. This was a very creative and enjoyable show. Truly hate to see it cancelled. Shame.

11. tina says

Pathetic A show a family can enjoy together and they cancel it. Maybe they can put some house-wife prostitutes that sell drugs on. Yeh. We can watch them fight and listen to them curse each other. Now there’s entertainment.

12. Sue says

Definitely not happy it was canceled. I hate to get involved with a show anymore because they are always canceled!!