Trauma: NBC TV Show Cancelled (for the Second Time); No Season Two

Trauma cancelledTo no surprise whatsoever, NBC has cancelled their Monday night medical TV show, Trauma — for real this time.

Trauma revolves around a group of brave first responder paramedics in San Francisco. The high-action series is populated by an ensemble cast that includes Derek Luke, Cliff Curtis, Anastasia Griffith, Kevin Rankin, Aimee Garcia, Billy Lush, Jamey Sheridan, and Taylor Kinney.

The NBC series got off to a poor start last fall with just a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.68 million viewers. The ratings fell from there and the show was essentially cancelled when the network decided not to order additional episodes beyond the initial baker’s dozen.

Then, in large part because the show was still in production and NBC needed additional original programming, the network ordered an additional seven episodes. Viewership continued to fall and NBC cut back their additional order to five installments. The last one aired on April 26th.

Though NBC has a lot of slots to fill on the 2010-11 schedule, Trauma’s ratings were just too low to pay for a second season. It’s been cancelled after 18 episodes.

Though devoted fans may mourn the series’ demise, a consolation might be that they got five more episodes than the ratings realistically warranted.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Trauma won’t be back next season? Any thoughts on how you would have wrapped up the series?

jess49 September 14, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Bring back the show trama 2014

Shaun H. August 28, 2014 at 7:48 am

Yes I watched this show on hulu and got hooked myself it had alot of interesting twist and turns and it kept me on edge and wondering what was next…I believe you all took off a show that needed just a little bit more of hype and it’s ratings would’ve been through the roof …..I think you should give it another chance……..

Terrell July 8, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I remember when this show was being filmed. I was working as an EMT in San Francisco for a private ambulance company. From the actual medical experience background, the show was horrible & put all EMT’s & paramedics in a bad light. Every company here, fire & private was upset with how we were portrayed. A helicopter flying around sf is not gonna happen. Sf is a no fly zone city. Nothing moves through the air outside of the airport or pd. Also the show was to Hollywood. Sex in the back of an ambulance, discarding vials of blood on the street… It’s so far from reality it’s disrespectful. I understand that there has to be some jazz added to what we do to catch people’s attention. But the show was over & beyond, & the reality is, the city & those who keep it safe are not like that.

natasha G May 21, 2014 at 3:26 am

I have been addicted to this show from day 1, only to find out no season 2, like WTF, this really just pissed me off to cancel really good shows and leave it with a cliff hanger to big to know what could have been going on.

Dammit..
Natasha

Anonymous May 10, 2014 at 12:55 am

The show was awsome i watched the whole season in one day on hulu it was so goodi could not turn it off…i think they should get rid of another dumb show and have another season

Andres April 29, 2014 at 12:57 am

I am an Emt in Miami currently in medic school and I loved this show, I think the reason why people didn’t like it it’s because it’s not a show that everyone could relate to or understand for that matter, as someone who lives for that next crazy call I truly enjoyed watching it..it’s a shame that it got cancelled :(

Jorge April 16, 2014 at 1:15 pm

I actually liked this show. I looked forward to see what happened next. It could have taken off if it had more hype or less to compete with. I totally saw it as the next ER, but I guess Grey’s Anatomy is taking that title.

NBC, next time around do more advertising, pay Facebook to promote it or something? Show the first episode as a preview, then wait 3 weeks and re-show it as a premier once the hype builds. Great shows like Trauma need the same hype as The Walking Dead. Or word of mouth like Game of Thrones.

natasha G May 21, 2014 at 3:28 am

I agree about the advertising, I only found out about it yesterday May 20, 2014 from a recommendation via Hulu Plus when I had been watching Chicago Fire etc. This was an awsome and thrilling shows.

Diana Aguilar March 20, 2014 at 1:40 am

It only took the first episode to get me hooked..
There’s no show like it ..
Its so upsetting to know there’s no second season …
I loved it …