Trauma: NBC Series Returns with 10 New Episodes; Can It Be Saved from Cancellation?

TraumaIn October, NBC decided not to order any additional episodes of the low-rated series, Trauma, essentially canceling the show after 13 episodes. Then, a few weeks later, NBC ordered three additional installments, likely because they anticipated holes in their spring schedule and the show’s producers were able to significantly cut production costs.

The show’s been off the air since November but the network has now announced that it’s coming back. Is there a chance that the show could actually see a second season?

Taking place in San Francisco, Trauma follows a group of first responders who risk their lives to save others. The cast includes Derek Luke, Cliff Curtis, Anastasia Griffith, Kevin Rankin, Aimee Garcia, Billy Lush, Jamey Sheridan, and Taylor Kinney.

The network recently announced that they were cancelling The Jay Leno Show as of February 12th. That means that, when NBC finishes airing its coverage of the Winter Olympics, the network will have five more hours of primetime to fill. That’s good news for Trauma.

Do you think Trauma should get a second season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

NBC has announced that Trauma will be returning to Monday nights starting on March 8th. They’ve also just ordered three additional episodes, bringing the season total to 20. That means that there are 10 new episodes of Trauma to come.

If the new episodes of Trauma can attract significantly more viewers, the show might have a very good shot at being renewed — especially if the show can continue to be produced economically.

At the recent Television Critics Association winter press tour, Angela Bromstad, NBC’s Primetime Entertainment President, didn’t rule out the show having a future and the new episode order is certainly promising.

TV show supportHowever, NBC has plans to beef up their pilot development for next season. The network will develop 10 dramas and eight half-hour comedies. For Trauma to get a spot on the 2010-11 schedule, the low-rated series will have to inspire more confidence than the new shows.

What do you think? Do you think Trauma has a real chance at survival or is it still doomed?

Brenda August 3, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Please bring back Trauma. My husband, daughter and I love to watch this together. It is interesting and “real”, unlike many of the other shows on tv these days. I love following the drama associated with the characters as well. Boone and his partner crack me up! It has a ton on good points and something for everyone.

Darcy September 22, 2013 at 10:38 pm

This is an awesome show. I am so dissapointed it has not had any new episodes. Please whoever is in charge I want it brought back. I am a Paramedic & have worked the streets for 25 years. This show is the best of it’s kind. Way better than Chicago Fire. Thanks

sheryl August 24, 2013 at 1:32 pm

please bring back trauma… i really want to see more of it..

SarahV February 13, 2013 at 2:10 am

This show was great. Please bring it back!

Anonymous January 13, 2013 at 6:34 am

Make more

Sonia August 13, 2012 at 8:38 am

This show Rocks,i love it to bits. Am an E.M.T and this show just does magic to me and other emts out there. I seriously think it should have asecond season and a third one and a fourth one and afifth one and so on and on…

Mark May 9, 2012 at 6:43 am

I love this show and miss it a lot! I’m a E.M.T. and love how real and close to the life TRAMA portrays our life’s in EMS. PLEASE, BRING IT BACK! Honor the men and women who put there backs, life’s and family on the line to save total strangers who very rarely say thank you. It truly is the toughest job you’ll ever love!

Mark May 9, 2012 at 6:24 am

I’m a E.M.T. and have been for some time. I love this show and love how it portrays life in the box and the day to day struggles we deal with and how much we care. BRING IT BACK! PLEASE!!!!

kimberly cap January 15, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Please bring this show back for season 2, we loved this show and were so dissapointed when it didnt return.

Leah November 14, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I LOVE Trauma!
I hope so bad they make a season 2. I would definitely watch it.
Its my favorite TV show besides Greys Anatomy and Private Practice.
If they made more seasons I know it would be in first place on my list!
So PLEASE make more!!!

rachel September 24, 2011 at 4:27 pm

this show is so good why not make a second season im very sad that ones not out yet…

Ang416 September 20, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Please bring it back. I really enjoyed watching this show. so disappointed that it got cancelled. please do more seasons.