Treme: Renewed for Fourth, Final Season

HBO TV series Treme last seaosnAccording to multiple sources, HBO’s Treme TV series has been renewed for a fourth and final season.

Last night, the low-rated show’s co-creators, David Simon and Eric Overmyer, revealed that the last season would be shorter than previous ones but didn’t specify a particular number. The first and second seasons had 10 and 11 installments respectively. The third, which premieres tonight, has 10 episodes.

At a screening of the season three premiere in New Orleans, the co-creators told a crowd that getting renewed was a struggle.

Simon said, “HBO, upon viewing the 10 (season-three episodes) that we gave them and what we’ve done, they want to see the end of the story. They fought very hard to give us half a loaf. We’re going to take it and run.”

What do you think? Are you glad to know there will be a fourth season of Treme? Do you wish there would be more seasons?

Montel February 21, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I just discovered this show a couple of months ago by COMPLETE accident. I watched the Spike Lee documentaries first. (When the Levees Broke and If God is Willing and Da Creek Don’t Rise.) After watching those two documentaries first, then I jumped into this series.

I can not believe this show was not nominated and / or won awards for the acting.

I watched this series and wish my Father was still alive. He would have appreciated the the music and could have told me who the musicians were and what made them famous. I also like how some real New Orleans people were featured in this series. I knew who some of there because I had watched the documentaries. I also wanted to see how they would handle the corruption in New Orleans. I was impressed how they focused on the people and how the corruption was affecting them!

WHERE IN THE WORLD was the promotion for this series????????

Donna April 8, 2013 at 10:39 pm

HBO should have advertised a bunch more. Such a good show with great actors. Somebody call Angie and Brad, see if they can help a show being made about their “hometown”.

John November 29, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I love, love, love this show. Besides the great writing,
acting and direction it also has the best presentation of music
I’ve EVER seen on TV.
I am so heavily connected with the characters, as was the case with
The Wire. Wendell Pierce is a hero in advocating for
NOLA. I thank HBO for investing in this show and
pray there will another five episodes.

Jerry November 29, 2012 at 12:15 am

This is one of the top shows on TV period. If you have a brain and honey boo is not on your playlist you are out of choices. The actors can act (Academy Award winner) and the writers can write….but HBO is losing Sunday night…try Treme and add some Vampire BS …have Bill Muar start taping his comedy show in the Treme and support the true disadvantaged he knows so much about….pull the plug HBO I’ve got Showtime too!!

Owen Schertz November 25, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I love this show. Treme has been a great exploration of New Orleans, its music and food. I am sorry this show has not had a greater audience. I felt the same way about the Wire.

Anonymous November 24, 2012 at 2:01 pm

LOVELOVELOVE THIS SHOW!!! Many people are surprised when I tell them about the show. These are native NEW Orleaneans who say they will look for it and watch it, now that they know it exists. I find this puzzling. The show is so genuine, nothing in it appears to be contrived or overdone. This is difficult when dealing with an epic city, and epic musicians whose legacy and importance as part of the story of America is unrivaled.
Each time I watch I am both a spectator and a participant.Ifeel thatI am actually in the story, I connect with the characters and anticipate what will happen next. The stories told are important because they are real representations of what it means to be a part of the musical and cultural heritage of one of the greatest cities in the world.There is so much more that can and should be done with Treme. It needs to be continued for at least three more seasons. I want to see people perform at the new jazz center, how locals respond to it. I want to see what happens when Sophia goes to college. Will LaDonna’s attackers go to prison, does she reopen the bar? What happens with the crooked police?
Will the Chief recover from lymphoma?Will the chief and LaDonna develop a romantic relationship or simply remain kindred spirits? There is love and hate, life and death, race, culture, greed, charity, despair and profound hope. So many storylines to be explored.To end Treme too soon is might be financially prudent but nonetheless cowardly.The show must go on!!!

Jack thomas November 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Great show!!! Would love to see a couple of more seasons of this fine show.
Outstanding plots and acting by all concerned.
Wife and I never miss this show.
Please renew for the next two seasons.

bob childs October 27, 2012 at 12:43 pm

oct.2012:Simon has done it again!One of the best shows ever.Please keep it going.I guess most viewers in this country prefer Meaningless TV.