Whitney: Cancelled by NBC, No Third Season

The peacock network has lowered the axe on another sitcom. Whitney has been cancelled after two seasons on the air.

The show was a marginal performer last season but was given a second chance anyway. The ratings didn’t get any better in season two and actually saw a significant drop — from a 1.9 in the demo to a 1.2 rating. Total viewership for the second season averaged just 2.65 million viewers.

Whitney stars Whitney Cummings (as a fictional version of herself) and Chris D’Elia as a couple who remain committed to each other but don’t want to get married. Other castmembers include Rhea Seehorn, Zoe Lister-Jones, Dan O’Brien, and Tone Bell.

The defacto series finale of Whitney aired on March 27th.

What do you think? Did you like Whitney? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

31 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. sweeda says

I live in london england and love this show. I feel the need to write where I am from just to let you know the audience that you have reached. Me and my husband love this show and I am devastated that there is no season 3.

2. jfon says

This was one of the most critically reviled shows of the last 20-30 years and obviously laughably outdated. Awkward, and probably on par with what the infamously disastrous US version of “Coupling” would have been had that gotten a whole season. You people supporting it obviously don’t get enough oxygen to your brain cells, and you probably liked/would have liked U.S. Coupling too. Get some taste.

3. Tierra says

My top fav show i dont care about ratings i want my show back i dont even watch NBC at all anymore u suck please someone eals get this show on there network please!!!:( :-(

4. Stephanie says

I cannot believe it was cancelled. I actually bought both seasons on Amazon Prime. This is why I pay for specialty channels (like HBO). I am sick of liking a show and it getting cancelled. Maybe they should ask for guidance from the public before they cancel a show. I cant believe we wont see what happens with Roxanne and Mark.

AHHHHH

5. terri says

OMG i love this show i was looking forward to season 3 why does everyone always cancel the great funny shows and keep on the crap.

6. ivette says

OMG!!!! Can’t believe its cancelled. Its rare when I like a sitcom n for my husband to actually watch it with me Never happens. But with this show we were both hooked on it. It was hilarious. So bombed :(

7. Whaattttttttttttttt the heck were they thinking???!!!!!! says

I dont understand why all these shows that are duds get to go on and on and on and the one show I really thought would be on for at least as long as friends has been canceled????!!!!

8. youcrankypants says

I LOVED this show. It’s been awhile since I was hooked on a sitcom, and this one brought me back to the genre. It took my husband a bit of time to get into it, but once hooked…he was all in and had it cued up for me when I got home. I DO think this is one that grows on you, for the simple fact that there is character development. Most of todays sitcoms have pretty flat stagnant characters that rely largely on the writers to carry the load.

I would also like to add that NBC never gave this a show a real shot…did you spend more than $3 on marketing (no, that’s not a typo…I meant three dollars)? I thought not. You are wrong to drop this show, and you were wrong to not put more marketing behind it and pair it with a hit show for at least a little while to see if it could catch the coattails of another show to give it it’s initial lift.

9. char says

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I love that show and I was slowly getting my friends hooked.

These days with so many shows and channels, it takes a while for people to get hooked. This one was actually really funny. I haven’t come across a scripted comedy this funny since Friends. Bah. How do we get it back? NBC needs better marketing for its funny shows.

10. Scott grabenkort says

NBC has no clue, the ONLY funny show on the network since Seinfeld and you cancel it
    Morons !

• Audrey says

I really can’t believe it!! Whitney was so funny! That show was something to look forward to…why? Why did you people do this! Whoever is in charge of programming should be FIRED!! Maybe cable will pick it up somehow… Now there’s not one single show worth watching on NBC. (No Body Cares!!)