666 Park Avenue: Finale to Give Closure; Show Sees Ratings Boost

canceled 666 Park AvenueThough ABC has cancelled 666 Park Avenue, the executive producers say that the show is “is building to a powerful and surprising series finale, where all your questions will be answered. We hope fans of the show continue watching all the way to the end of Jane and Henry’s incredible journey to the dark side.”

The live ratings for 666 Park Avenue have been quite poor, the show sees a significant increase when factoring in the DVR data (live +7). November 4th’s episode rose 77%, from a 1.3 rating to a 2.3 demo.

The news frustrated star David Annable who tweeted, “Well this really sucks! You have to give shows time to grow! Nielsen is so outdated!.. We had the biggest movement of ANY show for the week 77% increase with the DVR ratings… I’m sorry but they f***ed up.”

666 Park Avenue TV show supportStill, this info’s not likely to lead ABC to reverse their decision about cancelling Park Avenue. Network president Paul Lee calls the DVR increase “amazing,” but it doesn’t change the live numbers. He said, “It’s wonderful to see the passion [these] shows have… We just have to make sure we monetize it.”

What do you think? Do you think loyal viewers will be satisfied by the last episode? Should the network’s place more importance on the DVR numbers?

Paul November 24, 2012 at 12:28 am

If they have to cancel shows at least give closure to the fans turn it in to a mini series of sorts

Annette November 24, 2012 at 12:06 am
Georgiann Kite November 23, 2012 at 10:18 pm

This is the 3rd show ABC has cancelled that I Loved in the past couple of years!!! You executives HAVE to give a show more then 6 weeks to let it find its fan base!!! Even I know that… This is a great show with a great cast!! I will not be taking a chance on ABC again

Paul November 24, 2012 at 12:30 am

I totally agree with you.

Danielle and Joe November 23, 2012 at 9:38 pm

This show was unlike any other and was just what tv needed. Probably more than half of the viewers dvr or catch up on demand. I am so sick of good shows coming on and being canceled! Hey, maybe they should replace it with a reality show…wt#

MK November 23, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Repeat after me: Nielsens. Need. To. GO!

Maria November 23, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I am mad as hell!!!! I love this show, why they dont cancelled those stupid disgusting reality shows, Kardashian, Jersey Shore, etc, etc

Paul November 24, 2012 at 12:34 am

True so very true who needs the Kardashians we dont think much of them here in South Africa.

Maria November 23, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I am mad as hell!!!! I love this show, why they dont cancelled those stupid disgusting really shows, Kardashian, Jersey Shore, etc, etc

Lisa November 23, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I DVR this show every week as I can not stay awake that late. 666 Park Ave. is such an awesome show and we look forward to watching it on the DVR. So sad that such a good show is being cancelled, not everyone can stay up late, that’s why they make DVR’s!!!

judy November 24, 2012 at 12:30 am

I totally agree with you!! I just make it home in time to watch revenge & once upon a time but cannot saty up that late for 666 park avenue! i end up watching it monday night! so pist!!!!

frank November 23, 2012 at 7:00 pm

The world is now record on DVR and watch when time allows. Also on-line sites are doing big biz. Talk to the mainstream and not the phone call ratings boys and girls.

Alina Torres November 23, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I don’t understand how the best show on tv gets cancelled. I am so dissapointed with abc that I will no longer watch anything on their channel. The decision to cancel 666 is increadibly stupid.

valerie Carrico November 23, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Best show going. Dvr all my shows since i work 50 hours a week

Shelly November 23, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I love this show! I’ll be sorry to see it go. We dvr and watch it on Mondays, so, they should change the way they look at it, since I still see their commercials in a timely manner

Darvedd November 24, 2012 at 4:20 am

Shelly-why on Earth would you watch the ads?-skipping them makes an ‘hour’ long show last only 45 minutes or less-that’s how you save time as well as shift it-the reason why networks only want to know the live audience is that’s what the advertisers are interested in, not really what folks are watching sometimes days, weeks or even months later.

Angie November 23, 2012 at 4:21 pm

10 pm is too late for a Sunday night! By this time people are in bed getting ready
For work or school in the morning!. It really should come on
Much earlier.

Rachel November 23, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I am so disappointed. 666 replaced the first season of American Horror Story (the new season is just terrible). I was really enjoying 666.

Tyrel November 23, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Once again, this only proves that they picked the wrong timeslot for the show.