Banshee

Banshee TV showNetwork: Cinemax
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: January 11, 2013 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Antony Starr, Ivana Milicevic, Ulrich Thomsen, Frankie Faison, Hoon Lee, Rus Blackwell, Matt Servitto, Demetrius Grosse, Trieste Kelly Dunn, Ryann Shane, Daniel Ross Owens, Lili Simmons, and Ben Cross.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic TV series is set in a small town in Pennsylvania Amish country. It revolves around an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the murdered sheriff of Banshee, Pennsylvania. He imposes his own brand of justice and also continues his criminal activities, even as he’s hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier.

The show begins as a man (Antony Starr) leaves prison with nothing but the shirt on his back. He makes his way into town, has sex with a local bartender and steals a car. He arrives in Manhattan to see an old acquaintance, a cross-dressing hair stylist and genius computer hacker named Job (Hoon Lee). Before leaving, he forces Job to give up an address. The man is then chased and shot at by a Ukrainian mobster through the New York City streets. He escapes, steals a motorcycle, and rides into the town of Banshee, PA.

In Banshee, he sits at a local bar and shares a drink with the bartender; an ex-con, ally, and former prizefighter named Sugar Bates (Frankie Faison). Two men walk into the bar looking to rob it, but Lucas Hood, the newly-arrived sheriff-to-be, has other ideas. Following as altercation, the thieves and the sheriff are all killed. While disposing of the bodies with Sugar, the man takes a call on Lucas’s phone and decides to his assume his identity.

The new Lucas visits the home of Carrie Hopewell (Ivana Milicevic), the wife of the town’s district attorney, a former marine named Gordon Hopewell (Rus Blackwell). Lucas and Carrie, whom he calls Ana, share a past from the life she had before arriving in Banshee. Ana was once a notorious jewel thief, but now lives in Banshee under an assumed identity with a husband and children who know nothing of her past.

Lucas wants his cut of the diamonds they stole from a ruthless Ukrainian gangster named “Mr. Rabbit” (Ben Cross). Rabbit has been searching for the thieves for 15 years and continues to do so. She pleads with him to just leave her and her family alone, including her rebellious teenage daughter, Deva Hopewell (Ryann Shane).

Lucas has Job hack into law enforcement databases to verify his cover. He meets with Dan Kendall (Daniel Ross Owens), the town’s young mayor, and is introduced to the sheriff’s deputies. Surly by nature, Brock Lotus (Matt Servitto) is the department’s longest-serving deputy and resents Lucas for getting the job he wanted. Siobhan Kelly (Trieste Kelly Dunn) has put her painful past behind her to become a cop and Emmett Yawners (Demetrius Grosse) is a strong, devoutly Christian man who can kick ass when he needs to.

While making rounds with Brock, Lucas springs to action when he sees a group of local thugs, the Moody boys, beating up a group of Amish men. Kai Proctor (Ulrich Thomsen), the man who controls all of Banshee’s criminal enterprises and most of its legal ones, arrives and puts a halt to the fight. He forces Cole Moody to apologize to one of the Amish men, who happens to be Kai’s estranged father. Later, in Proctor’s slaughterhouse, he savagely beats Cole.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Banshee TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

jane September 23, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Excellent drama. Do not cancel it please! I cannot believe it doesn’t’t have a good following. Keep it coming!

Daryl Wetzstein September 17, 2013 at 8:37 am

DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!! Cinemax has a new subscriber as long as it continues to air series like this one. The action is intense and the story line creative. Lot of jumping around to different actors and their individual story lines. Love the BABES.

Dot August 25, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Don’t want to see it go…….twist at ever turn….

Laurie Hood August 24, 2013 at 6:54 pm

excellent show, keeps you in suspence and hopefully it continue to run. I would be very disappointed if it gets cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suzalah August 3, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I like this show and do not want to see it canceled. It is a real thriller and you can never be certain where it may end up next. I love it! KEEP IT and get Harry’s Law back too

Cindy July 3, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I like this show… I cant wait to see what happens next…

Emma Berriman June 27, 2013 at 6:18 pm

This show rocks. I absolutely love it and am totally hooked!!! Would recommend.

Mack May 16, 2013 at 11:09 am

Excellent series, great action and actors. One of the best out there.

Carol Gerow May 16, 2013 at 3:27 am

This is the most interesting series I’ve seen on television. I saw an advertisement for the series then watched the first episode late one night on demand. I was immediately hooked. I spent the rest of the night and following morning watching all ten episodes back to back. I like it so much I’ve been telling all my family, friends and coworkers about it. I wish it was available for DVD already so I could gift it to family members who do not have cable or access to Cimemax. I should have known that Alan Ball was behind such an awesome show. I am a huge fan of his other hits such as Six Feet Under and True Blood. It is a must see for action packed viewing!

Daniel Gordon May 10, 2013 at 9:12 am

Good looking actors, T and A, action, and intrigue …what’s not to like about this show! I hope it comes back.

Susan May 8, 2013 at 12:05 am

Love this show. Keeps you on the edge of your chair. Never know what the next move will be. Can ‘t wait for next season.

eric May 4, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I think it is the best show I have seen since Dexter came to Showtime.It would be a mistake cancelling the show.I was going to cancel Cinemax and then I started watching Banshee.If it is cancelled there is no reason to keep cinemax.Hopefully the show will get renewed.

Susan Crisel May 2, 2013 at 11:11 pm

My husband and I love this show. Can’t wait for the next season!

Tracy April 29, 2013 at 12:24 am

Excellent show! And what a hunny! Good ole New Zealand actors aye! Nice Job!

Tom Girdler April 28, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Please keep it going. This is one of the best shows on right now. I normally don’t do much blogging, but if it will help keep this show going, I will put my opinon in . Thanks in advance!