Batman: The Brave and the Bold: Animated Series Ending; No Season Four

Batman: The Brave and the BoldIt was confirmed over the weekend that the retro cartoon series, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, is coming to an end after three seasons. The cancellation news came at the TV show panel at Comic-Con.

At the event, producer James Tucker revealed that they have finally received permission to team Batman up with Wonder Woman and Superman for the series. Both will be featured before the conclusion of the last 13 episodes.

Like the rest of the show’s guest-stars, Wonder Woman and Superman will be friends of the caped crusader’s but Tucker says that they’ll have an “interesting dynamic” with Batman. The final installments are currently in production.

It was also confirmed at the panel that the kid-friendly Brave and the Bold comic book, that’s based on the show, was also being cancelled.

On the bright side, it was mentioned that another Batman animated series is in the very early stages of development. This one will be radically different from Brave and the Bold. It will also most likely have similarities to the upcoming Green Lantern series and be done in CGI.

What do you think? Will you miss Batman: The Brave and the Bold? Did you like the show’s unique style?

chris April 15, 2014 at 7:57 am

I have seen every batman series and this was definitly the best. I am 20 years old and quite frankly it was my favorite tv show. This sucks!

Anonymous December 7, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I am outraged what a fantastic show that i could enjoy with my two sons they always have to ruin all the good things fuck u all

KZ November 24, 2012 at 2:35 am

I just recently discovered this show. It’s a shame that it has been canceled. It was a very amusing, fun, and extremely entertaining.

Too bad.

stanley pope May 7, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Everytime something is good they find away to cancel it! This was good because of all the guest stars. It was the same way with the original xmen series. So much more they could have done. Please don’t screw batman up and do it in cgi thats gonna be horrible!

James February 22, 2012 at 9:28 am

So much mysticism in so many other shows. So many Adult themes involving teenagers. For once a show that is clean cut and fun. Then they get rid of it. Static Shock all over again. Way to go WB. I need to stick with Marvel I guess.

Anonymous December 20, 2011 at 6:33 am

OF COURSE I’LL MISS THIS SHOW! it was really good, also CGI SUCKS!

Sammie December 10, 2011 at 8:14 am

This totally blows. I’ve never really been a fan of batman and only really watched Batman Beyond before the Brave and the Bold cause all of the other Batman series were so depressing so Brave and the Bold was pretty cool, funny and it totally had the whole retro thing I loved. Idk why it was canceled. I’m thinking it was probably Cartoon Network’s fault they’re been getting sucker as the years went by. Shame I’m gonna miss the show -_-

Pete December 7, 2011 at 7:01 pm

This stinks the kids and I watched every episode together. When I realised what was happening with the final episode, which was the way to go out BTW, I was heartbroken and my kids looked at me with horror and asked if it was over. There are so few shows, that I can stand to watch that I know will be safe. Star wars and Young Justice need to be previewed for an 8 and 6 year old bigtime. I wish I had known so that I could have done the letter writing thing.

sadd September 13, 2012 at 8:58 am

I. Know. It sucks. Wb. Open. Ur eyes

Gracos November 20, 2011 at 10:03 am

I will miss it. I have seen all the Batman shows and this one was really good, not my favorite (Batman the animated series was the best) but still really good. TV without Batman sucks!!