Beauty and the Beast: CW TV Series Gets Full Season

Beauty And The Beast full seasonThe CW has ordered a full season of their freshman fantasy drama Beauty and the Beast. Though the series loses a significant portion of its Vampire Diaries lead-in audience, the show is apparently doing well enough for the smallest network — at least for this season.

Here’s the press release from The CW:

THE CW ORDERS FULL SEASON OF FRESHMAN “BEAUTY AND THE BEAST”

November 9, 2012 (Burbank, CA) – The CW picked up a full season of its freshman hit drama BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, it was announced today by Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST stars Kristin Kreuk (“Smallville,” “Chuck”) as Catherine, Jay Ryan (“Terra Nova”) as Vincent, Max Brown (“The Tudors,” “MI-5″) as Evan, Nina Lisandrello (“Nurse Jackie”) as Tess, Nicole Gale Anderson (“Make It or Break It”) as Heather, Austin Basis (“Life Unexpected”) as J.T., and Brian White (“The Shield,” “The Cabin in the Woods”) as Joe.

Last night’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST was up 9% in total viewers versus last week, and also grew in all key adult demos week to week. Season to date, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is averaging 2.4 million viewers and a 1.3 rating among women 18-34, and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-34, in most current Nielsen data.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Take 5 Productions/Whizbang Films with executive producers Sherri Cooper (“Brothers and Sisters”) & Jennifer Levin (“Without A Trace,” “Felicity”), Brian Peterson (“Smallville”) & Kelly Souders (“Smallville”), Gary Fleder (“Life Unexpected,” “October Road”), Bill Haber (“Rizzoli & Isles,” “Thurgood”), Paul J. Witt (“A Better Life”) & Tony Thomas (“A Better Life”), Ron Koslow (“Moonlight”), Frank Siracusa (“The Yard”) and John Weber (“Borgias”).

What do you think? Are you surprised that Beauty and the Beast has been given a full season? Do you think it will end up being cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Kelly Kellar December 21, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I don’t understand this negativity either. I absolutley am hooked on the characters and the story. I can hardly wait from one week to the next for this program to come back on again. I really hate having to wait until January 24th to watch it again. Please don’t let these negative people cause this tv program to be cancelled like so many other shows have been cancelled that were good ( Beauty & The Beast) is better than just good!
Why do you always listen to the negative people. Tell them to watch something else if they don’t like it. There are other channels.

Kelly

Shirley December 18, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Absolutely love the show! I’ve visited alot of various sites, and there are alot of great feedbacks and I’ve seen lots of people who also love the show and have watched all the episodes to date. While critics have their own opinions, ultimately the fans and people that support and watch the show are the ones that matter ! Please give Beauty and the Beast a chance, and not judge too soon. The series have great potential, and we have not seen a true romantic story on TV in such a long time ! Supporters of the show need to have our voices heard !

Christy December 17, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I love this show, it has great characters, especially the chemistry between Cat & Vincent. If we miss an episode we watch it on Hulu, I’ve watched the last episode(aired 12/13) five times. I like the WB because you offer so many different types of shows with interesting stories or concepts.

Christy December 17, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I love this show, it has great characters & is a lot more interesting than the mindless sitcoms(most of which are not funny at all)seen by the dozens on TV. If we miss an episode we watch it on Hulu, I’ve watched the last episode(aired 12/13) five times. Love the chemistry between Cat & Vincent. I like the WB because you offer so many different types of shows with interesting stories or concepts.

Georgia December 17, 2012 at 12:17 am

I am hooked on this show, mostly because of the chemistry between the two characters. The writers should steal a couple of pages from the twilight books in terms of how to move along an impossible love story…. We are not children watching…

Rita December 14, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I’m loving this show. Please keep them coming

Kris December 4, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I LOVE this show! I hope it gets many seasons–and syndication. Seems like people all over the world are falling in love with Cat and Vincent. :)

yasmine December 4, 2012 at 5:57 am

This is the best show I ever seen, I hope that cw will get second season

mass December 2, 2012 at 2:41 pm

This is now my favorite show. I’d watch rerun online. I just can’t wait for next week. Just live kristin and Ryan together.

benzh December 2, 2012 at 6:25 am

Fantastic series!!! I like Beauty and the Beast and its the only non-sport show that I watch at TV. I believe critics should have given the TV series a higher rating =D Well! who can blame them if they give low ratings?!! haha they are CRITICS and will always or usually give negative feedback instead of persuading viewers to watch a certain TV series. I hope there would be not just Season 2 but SEASON 200 =D

Amanda C November 20, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I also watch reruns and never miss an episode. I Look forward to it just as much as TVD! I’m really pulling for this TV series! Maybe if episodes end on more “cliff-hangers” it will keep people coming back for more.

Allie November 20, 2012 at 2:43 pm

AWESOME SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess November 18, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I really like this show!!!! I’ve been looking forward it more then to TVD!!! Hopefully it will have a second season!!

franca November 18, 2012 at 11:18 am

I love the show it is the best new show that i watch faithfully and record each week ,never miss one, and I also watch the reruns.

Nat November 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm

This is the Best new show the it show to watch!