Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

Maria Morais October 17, 2014 at 5:08 pm

I don’t believe it’s been cancelled!! I loved it!!

Deborah Balka October 18, 2014 at 6:31 pm

It is hard to believe it isn’t as entertaining as some of what is actually on still. Some of the new shows are not half as good as betrayal was. Bring it back for a couple of shows and at least end it instead of leaving its followers hanging.

lish October 14, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Amazing, loved it!

DANNI October 9, 2014 at 12:38 pm

LOVED THE SHOW SO UPSET IT WAS CANCELLED….PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Mary October 7, 2014 at 8:15 pm

I loved the show and I hope they bring this back, the cast was excellent. Maybe a different time slot would help.

D Canter October 2, 2014 at 7:44 pm

I love this show… Please bring it back.
It has some great real life story lines and ended the season wondering who she picked?

Carolyn October 2, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I love that show, always cancel the good ones, each one kept you wondering what was next. Please bring it back!!!!

carole October 1, 2014 at 4:40 am

please bring back i was so hook you cant leave it the way you did i need to no who she stays with please please betrayal 2

Deborah Balka September 30, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I cannot believe they are leaving us hanging, please bring it back and finish the story. So unfair to get hooked on a show and have us waiting and only to have dropped the show

Kristal September 28, 2014 at 1:43 am

Please bring it back I was sooooo obsessed with it it was my fav and I mean fav please please bring it back

Traci Turner September 26, 2014 at 4:40 am

I loved the show, please bring it back on. We need real life stuff that can actually happen more than sci-fi and vampires. It had an amazing story line. Please I have nothing in life to look forward to other than my grandchildren coming to visit once in a while. I will just be devastated if it don’t continue!!!!!