Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

Salsolaa September 19, 2014 at 9:40 am

we really need pure drama romance like Betrayal , everything in TV now is about action , sci- fi , heroes, vampires..
We really need Betrayal back

ITS THE BEST Romance Drama I ever seen in the last 10 years after The Bold and Beautiful

Please bring it back, we really need it.. our mind, our body , our soul need Betrayal with all characters on it, with all this Drama on it

Rosemarie September 17, 2014 at 5:59 am

I love the show . I stayed up ,until 3am to watch.
I .look forward to it each week.
A shame not to have a next season

Eloise September 16, 2014 at 10:46 pm

I love this show. Please bring it back!

Lina September 16, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I love Betrayal, I couldn’t wait to watch the next episode every week.
Please bring Betrayal baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Negah September 10, 2014 at 4:26 pm

You could also bring back both PAN AM and GCB! Loved both of these shows too. All the shows I like get cancelled. Think ABC needs to give these shows a longer shot than just a short season!

Negah September 10, 2014 at 4:24 pm

LOVE THIS SHOW!! Please bring it back. Could not wait for the next weeks show to air!

KUTIEPIE35 September 9, 2014 at 5:22 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BRING BACK BETRAYAL. IT IS A GREAT SHOW AND MAKES YOU WATCH AND ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT. PLEASE DO NO CANCEL. YOU CAN ALSO BRING BACK LOTTERY, I LOVED THE FIRST FEW EPISODES YOU DID SHOW, BUT YOU GUYS PULLED IT. SEEMS LIKE ONCE I GET INTO A SHOW/SERIES ITS CANCELLED!!

carole September 9, 2014 at 4:08 pm

My friend and I love this show. We enjoyed it so much and thought it was absolutely GREAT! We are hoping you will bring this great love story back !

Anonymous September 10, 2014 at 3:19 am

this is NOT a love story.it,s about a tramp and a rat who ruin their families by being a TRAMP and a RAT.

Jean September 8, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I thought the show was great ! Not sure why the ratings was so low , maybe the time slot ? Please bring it back !!!

Beverley September 7, 2014 at 9:48 am

I absolutely loved this series. I can’t believe they are thinking of not bringing it back. It is exciting and leaves you wanting more.

Sha September 4, 2014 at 10:49 pm

I loved Betrayal, please bring it back

Raquel Mejia September 3, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I loved the drama series Betrayal. I thought it had a great storyline and a great ending. I hope the drama will return this fall or winter.

lisa September 3, 2014 at 9:00 am

I loved the show Betrayal, and I looked forward to seeing it every wek