Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

jacqui December 21, 2014 at 2:25 am

I really enjoyed season 1 and as soon as it finished I searched for season 2 . To read that season 2 has been cancelled disappoints me greatly. I am sure I’m not alone in wanting to know who sarah chooses .

Angie December 20, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I really enjoyed the show. Couldn’t wait to see it each week. Great cast, Hannah Ware is beautiful!! Please don’t take Betrayal off the air, one of my absolute favorites!!!

mg December 15, 2014 at 2:35 am

am not impressed that you cancelled season2, its trurly is a great show

Pauline December 2, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Loved the series cant wait for the next episodes

Trinda Keen December 1, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I completely agree they should move forward with season 2 and give it a chance! I was a great show with a lot of chemistry, and an excellent plot! Please bring it back! It was at the top of my favorites!

LID November 21, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I hope Betrayal comes back on it was great. The cast was awesome. One of the best night time drama series. I do not understand why so many great tv series gets cancelled. I think its all politics.

tia November 18, 2014 at 4:30 am

I saw betrayal on sky and from that first episode I watched I was hooked straight away and wanted to carry on watching it. The mixed feelings it brought to me whilst watching it was just wow. That’s what made me carry on it had a brilliant story to it and should carry that story on with a secound series. On episode 13 it ended the series with a cliff hanger of who sara was meeting and suddenly the program ended. I was a bit angry and frustrated as I wanted to know who she was meeting. I think there should be another season to betrayal as you can see many people enjoyed it.

Amanda heenan November 14, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I loved the show. Came across it looking for something to watch on sky box sets. Watched about 3 per night until it was finished. When it ended I googled season 2 and was upset to find there mite not be a second season. From start to finish I was hooked. I was coming in from work nd dying to put it back on to see what Sara and jack were up to or carstin. I really hope there will be a second season and find out what happened to all the other characters.

Bea Dhooge November 14, 2014 at 6:31 am

Absolutely loved the Betrayal and will be very dissapointed if there is’nt going to be a season 2. Last episode left us without knowing who Sara decided to be with???

Julie fountain November 14, 2014 at 2:05 am

I down loaded betrayal on sky was hooked straight away can’t believe there not doing any more please bring it back to our tv screens xx

Marcia November 13, 2014 at 9:06 pm

I downloaded Betrayal on Sky and watched the entire 1st season in a day and a half. I thoroughly enjoyed it and cannot believe that they are not making a second season. It had me gripped from the start. The suspense, the romance and the corruption. Great programme. I left me with unanswered queations in the last scene of episode thirteen, very annoying although I know who I’d like it to have been. Absolutely one of my favourites for 2014.