Blue Mountain State: Cancelled; No Season Four

Blue Mountain State canceled season fourThe game is over for Coach Daniels (Ed Marinaro) and his team. There won’t be a fourth season for Blue Mountain State. The Spike TV series has been cancelled.

The comedy series revolves around the on and off-field antics of Pennsylvania college football powerhouse, Blue Mountain State. Coach Daniels has his hands full with the hijynx of his wife (Denise Richards) and students like team captain Thad (Alan Ritchson), quarterback Alex (Darin Brooks), and team mascot Sammy (Chris Romano).

The comedy performed decently for Spike in season one and realized significant gains in season two. The cable channel reported that the series saw a 33% increase with men 18-34, a 50% climb in men 18-24, and a 14% increase with men 18-49.

Total viewership dropped however in season three which kicked off this past September. While some episodes of season two had attracted 1.25 million viewers, at least one episode of season three garnered only half as many viewers. Spike TV aired the last two episodes of the season on November 30th. It turns out they’ll also be the last of the series as well.

Should BMS have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lionsgate, the studio that produces Blue Mountain State, apparently considered shopping the series to other outlets but it didn’t work out. The cast and crew were recently told that season four wouldn’t be happening.

While it’s been reported that the show was cancelled due to a decline in ratings, producer Eric Falconer says differently. He tweeted, “BMS wasn’t cancelled because of a drop in ratings. Season 3 was actually up 20% + in all male demographics vs S2. It was a budget issue.”

As recently as last week, Falconer was still hoping to hear that the show had been picked up for season four. However, it seems that State was actually living on borrowed time with Spike — even during season three. Last August, Spike TV executive VP Sharon Levy told Variety that the cable channel would be focusing on only non-scripted programming for the immediate future.

Of the cancellation news, Ritchson wrote, “Sad day for #BMS fans.” He followed that up with, “I can’t thank the dedicated cast, crew, and fans enough for all the love and support. Portraying Thad was a dream come true. I’m grateful.”

Brooks thanked the cast and crew and “everyone who made this show possible…a HUGE thank you!! Love you guys!!”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Blue Mountain State has been cancelled? Would you follow the show to another channel? Would you be interested in a BMS movie?

Canceled and renewed TV show

524 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ryan says

Just got done watching the whole thing on Netflix I’m mad that they didn’t make more:(. Honestly one of my favorite tv series

2. says

The Sight Of Your Awesome Boobs Disgusts Me- Thad Castle. Season 2 Ep. 3
    Greatest Show Ever! I Love It With All Of My Heart Lol! Please Bring It Back!!!

3. says

Why Did You Do This To Us!? I Love This Show! It’s The Best Tv Series That I Have Ever Watched! Just Bring It Back Already, Or Another Tv Channel Should Pick It Up!!!
    P.S. The Sight Of Your Awesome Boobs Disgusts Me!!!!!! -Thad Castle Season 2 Ep. 3!

4. Garrett says

I go to school and i work and everyday for the past week and a half my days have been fantastic thanks to blue mountain state. I would follow it to any channel no matter what because it is one of the best tv shows that ive ever watched. Hopefully we can get season 4 going and bring that 1.25 million viewers. I would pay to see it if i had too. I know they can get season 4 up and running they just need the support from every fan because this show has made everybody’s day 10x better and 10x funnier. I cant wait for season 4! Go BMS!!!!

5. says

What the hell?!?!?! i watched it all on Netflix. My whole football team is pissed! What else do we talk about while watching film!? NOTHING!!!! FML

6. Snorre says

Give me a season four! All the college years to Alex are still not over! I demand you to make a lot more seasons wer you follow Thad, Alex and Sammy untill the day Thad and Alex are couch of BMS again. And Sammy too ofcourseS

7. Alicia says

Why would you cancel a damn good series seriously… I’m so pissed that I can’t watch season 4. How could you keep us hanging like that Spike? So messed up..

8. Arturas Salkauskas says

BMS was the best tv series i have ever seen, and i am quite a TV fanatic. I got absolutely addicted to it. I would follow this tv show to the ends of the earth, not to mention another channel. I would do anything to see a new season or a movie. I would be interested in the movie but its just too short. BMS has so much potential. The characters were great and it was hilarious. I really think that there should be a petition for this show to come back. I mean if its just a channel issue, then enough signs on the petition could get other channels interested in getting the show. If i find a petition, I am definitely signing it and posting a ling to it here.

9. shadow says

BMS is the best show ive seen in years its better then that **** on mtv!!!!!! They have to have a season 4 or even a movie with the same cast or it wouldnt be BMS without Thad, Moran and Sammy they make it BMS!!!!!! (PARTY AT THE GOAT HOUSE)

10. Anthony says

Why BMS why not Dora seriously I love that show especially thad he is my favorite haha , I like it so much I have watched the three seasons atleast 5 times . Well goodbye BMS ill always love u

11. Mike says

I would follow bms anywhere it is hilarious! It’s all the fun you wished you would have in college! You need to find a way and bring back bms anyway you can. I would be first in line for a bms movie!

12. Sabrina says

I am so upset the show has been canceled!!! This is my FAVORITE show and I hate not being able to see it. I have epilepsy and watching it brings my spirits up and makes me smile without this I am sad and hope things will change R.I.P BMS

13. Brandon says

bms is one of the greatest shows ever, i wish that it could air on another channel at least, i love this show so much that i watched 15 episodes on netflix in one night starting at 11: 30 pm and went to school the next day dog tired but it was well worth it. i was hoping for at least a seaon four and i still am.

14. Chris says

I don’t know if some of you Spikes TV guys see this comments, but seriously???
    What the hell did you guys think about when you cancelled the season 4?
    You gotta be kidding me..
    You guys need to get your lazy asses up from the chair, concact the cast and crew and start working on season 4! It’s ridicilous that you guys cancelled it!