Blue Mountain State: Cancelled; No Season Four

Blue Mountain State canceled season fourThe game is over for Coach Daniels (Ed Marinaro) and his team. There won’t be a fourth season for Blue Mountain State. The Spike TV series has been cancelled.

The comedy series revolves around the on and off-field antics of Pennsylvania college football powerhouse, Blue Mountain State. Coach Daniels has his hands full with the hijynx of his wife (Denise Richards) and students like team captain Thad (Alan Ritchson), quarterback Alex (Darin Brooks), and team mascot Sammy (Chris Romano).

The comedy performed decently for Spike in season one and realized significant gains in season two. The cable channel reported that the series saw a 33% increase with men 18-34, a 50% climb in men 18-24, and a 14% increase with men 18-49.

Total viewership dropped however in season three which kicked off this past September. While some episodes of season two had attracted 1.25 million viewers, at least one episode of season three garnered only half as many viewers. Spike TV aired the last two episodes of the season on November 30th. It turns out they’ll also be the last of the series as well.

Should BMS have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lionsgate, the studio that produces Blue Mountain State, apparently considered shopping the series to other outlets but it didn’t work out. The cast and crew were recently told that season four wouldn’t be happening.

While it’s been reported that the show was cancelled due to a decline in ratings, producer Eric Falconer says differently. He tweeted, “BMS wasn’t cancelled because of a drop in ratings. Season 3 was actually up 20% + in all male demographics vs S2. It was a budget issue.”

As recently as last week, Falconer was still hoping to hear that the show had been picked up for season four. However, it seems that State was actually living on borrowed time with Spike — even during season three. Last August, Spike TV executive VP Sharon Levy told Variety that the cable channel would be focusing on only non-scripted programming for the immediate future.

Of the cancellation news, Ritchson wrote, “Sad day for #BMS fans.” He followed that up with, “I can’t thank the dedicated cast, crew, and fans enough for all the love and support. Portraying Thad was a dream come true. I’m grateful.”

Brooks thanked the cast and crew and “everyone who made this show possible…a HUGE thank you!! Love you guys!!”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Blue Mountain State has been cancelled? Would you follow the show to another channel? Would you be interested in a BMS movie?

Canceled and renewed TV show

528 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Shawn says

BMS was an amazing show! Period. I’ve literally just spent all of my free time lately watching this show, and loved every minute of it, I would follow BMS to another channel without question! And a BMS movie would make my life!

2. Thad says

Awesome show just watched all the seasons on Netflix. Disappointed to hear the show was cancelled. Netflix should pick this up and start its own exclusive they could probably take it up a notch as well. I would definitely pay money to watch a movie or another season!!!!!! Bring it back!!!!!!!

3. Anthony says

Love BMS I honestly can’t even count the amount of times I have watched the season over and over again bored or not. It’s almost as if it’s an addiction. Bring back the show would be crazy. There was a character for everyone to relate to in practically every episode! My friends and I literally relate it to our team and life to often to count and I was disappointed beyond belief when I found out it had been canceled. Hoping that someone will be able to get it back on ATLEAST for one more season with the same craziness. Kills me every time “oil change ” and “Tiawana tooth pull” are just some of the many things they have to bring back!!

4. Seth says

BMS was unreal! By far my favourite tv show ever. Please bring it back there was so many good things about that show. I was hooked on it from the very first episode I watched , I’m begging you to keep it going!!!!!!!

5. Carlos says

Probably one of the best shows of all time!! Why did they have to cancel it.. i was so bummed out. I just got done watching all three seasons for like the third time. I cant get enough of that show its too amazing! Please bring it back and ill let you have my pocket *****.

6. Alex says

I would rather watch a new season of bms other than reruns of shows on spike or make bms Netflix exclusive!

7. nathan says

Please bring back BMS. The show is awesome and is a blast to watch. I heard about BMS by my cousin . At first I thought the show is dumb as **** but then I saw the first episode and I was hooked. I finished the 3 seasons in 3 days. A season per day. I laughed ,cried, and was on the edge of my seat after every episode!! My intention for this comment is for who ever has the power and can bring back BMS to please do so. Honestly , an other cable channel should pick up the show at least for 6 shows and see how it goes from there.