Body of Proof: More Episodes Ordered; Are They the Last?

Body of ProofThe alphabet network has ordered three more episodes for their sophomore drama series Body of Proof. This will bring the second season to a total of 20 episodes. Last spring, ABC ordered 13 episodes for season two and combined them with four leftover installments from the first season.

Starring Dana Delany, Geoffrey Arend, Jeri Ryan, John Carroll Lynch, Nicholas Bishop, Sonja Sohn and Windell Middlebrooks, Body of Proof is currently the weakest scripted series currently on the network when it comes to the coveted 18-49 demographic. The eight episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.9 in the demo with 9.49 million viewers. That’s down by 17% when compared to last year.

While the additional episode order is positive for fans of the series, unless the ratings significantly improve, Body of Proof has very little chance of seeing a third season. It seems that the network has ordered additional episodes to ensure they have enough hour programming to round out the rest of the season.

What do you think? Will Body of Proof’s ratings improve? Will the series get renewed for a third season or be cancelled? Should the writers use the three extra episodes to wrap up the series?

DiAnn Ervin April 15, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I LOVE Body of Proof. If they cancel it they’re very stupid.

D Angwin January 12, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Love the show – bring it back

R Myers November 10, 2012 at 1:15 am

We love this show…..when is it on? …We haven’t been able t find it.

Richard October 8, 2012 at 8:46 am

I want to let you know that Body of Proof is one of the most intriguing shows on television.
I can’t understand why its ratings are borderline. All I can say is that canceling the show will
really aggravate me. Keep it on, please!

terry September 29, 2012 at 5:42 pm

please do not cancel body of proof,it has good acting,cancel some of your bad reality shows,example show that the guys never marry the women,its not worth even mentioning its name

Anonymous September 29, 2012 at 11:40 am

Please don’t cancel “Body of Proof” My husband and I always looked forward to watching it every week.

Jan September 26, 2012 at 12:19 am

After ABC cancelled my soaps I vowed to never watch ABC daytime again. Glad Fronz was fired. I did however check out the night time schedule. BODY OF PROOF is a great show and I would hate to see it gone. It’s the only show I watch on ABC.

Gloria Lourenco September 23, 2012 at 10:14 am

Please please keep this series going we love it I used to watch The Closer and still watch the reruns Body of proof reminds me of The Closer and we all love it. Thanks

Charlie August 12, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I think Body Of Proof is a great show and well worth watching made me Tivo other favorites so I could watch B.O.P Great cast good storiy lines. Please bring it back !!.