Boss: Cancelled; No Season Three But…

Boss cancelled by StarzStarz has decided to cancel Boss after two seasons on the air. The Kelsey Grammer series won’t be returning for a third season but viewers may still get some resolution.

Boss revolves around Chicago Mayor Tom Kane (Grammer), a powerful man who struggles to stay on top while secretly battling a debilitating brain disease. Others in the cast include Karen Aldridge, Connie Nielsen, Kathleen Robertson, Martin Donovan, Jeff Hephner, and Hannah Ware.

The cable channel renewed the show for a second season a month before the series even premiered. Had they waited, they might have cancelled it instead. The ratings for the first season were underwhelming and the cast and crew knew that season two would have to do better for the show to survive.

It didn’t. The second season averaged 360,000 viewers and a 0.1 rating in the demo. The cancellation certainly doesn’t come as a surprise.

While there won’t be a third season of Boss, Lionsgate TV and Starz are having discussions about wrapping up the story with a two-hour movie.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Boss has been cancelled by Starz? Do you think they’ll really make a movie?

Marianne Robinson December 18, 2014 at 6:10 pm

My husband and I love this show we have been enjoying it on Netflix. Please create some form of resolution. Everyone was excellent. The writing was fascinating.

Mia December 13, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Why air the show in the first place if your only going to cancel it. I can’t believe a good show like this one is cancelled. I hope starz reconsiders .

Kerri November 1, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Cannot believe they are canceling this. There is non stop garbage on television, too many Real Housewives of wherever (and who cares?) and other garbage “reality” shows but a quality show like this gets the boot. I am constantly disappointed in this. Boss was great and K. G was incredible. The whole cast was in fact. So sad. Such BS

ben December 4, 2014 at 12:01 pm

So true

marcelo October 31, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I am so angry with this series, one gets hooked on watching them waiting for a conclusion and then find out that they are being canceled. This is really annoying! If you are not going to finish something why bother to start it.

Dlock45 October 25, 2014 at 10:02 am

Please at least let there be a conclusion to this series. I thoroughly enjoy it and there is still so much they can do for a conclusion

Patricia La Londe October 18, 2014 at 5:29 pm

I would like to join viewers of The Boss series in encouraging the producers of this popular series to either make it a grand finale made for television movie or shot the storyline as a movie in theaters. The former suggestion would be bring more viewers than the suggestion to make a movie for the theater goers.

Miles October 18, 2014 at 6:27 am

I got Netflix two weeks ago, I have been addicted to this show. I am very sorry to see the show off the air. Absolutely make the movie.

Mary October 12, 2014 at 2:39 pm

My husband and I really liked this series and looking forward to another season. I don’t remember hearing about it when it was premiering, but enjoyed it on Netflix.