Boss: Cancelled; No Season Three But…

Boss cancelled by StarzStarz has decided to cancel Boss after two seasons on the air. The Kelsey Grammer series won’t be returning for a third season but viewers may still get some resolution.

Boss revolves around Chicago Mayor Tom Kane (Grammer), a powerful man who struggles to stay on top while secretly battling a debilitating brain disease. Others in the cast include Karen Aldridge, Connie Nielsen, Kathleen Robertson, Martin Donovan, Jeff Hephner, and Hannah Ware.

The cable channel renewed the show for a second season a month before the series even premiered. Had they waited, they might have cancelled it instead. The ratings for the first season were underwhelming and the cast and crew knew that season two would have to do better for the show to survive.

It didn’t. The second season averaged 360,000 viewers and a 0.1 rating in the demo. The cancellation certainly doesn’t come as a surprise.

While there won’t be a third season of Boss, Lionsgate TV and Starz are having discussions about wrapping up the story with a two-hour movie.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Boss has been cancelled by Starz? Do you think they’ll really make a movie?

laurie tibbs April 17, 2015 at 6:31 pm

I loved Boss! Sorry to hear it’s not returning. I love Kelsey Grammar and he was great in Boss. We need closure, can’t keep us just hanging!!

Terry Hansen Leibenguth April 12, 2015 at 1:58 pm

My husband and I were so disappointed when we heard their won’t be a season 3. Kelsey Grammer is superb . The script is interesting and keeps us wanting for more. I too hope there will be some closure on the story. I’ve heard hints there might be a 2 hr movie wrapping up the story.

ynotjustme April 3, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Needs closure. Movie is a must.

Linda Petersen March 27, 2015 at 3:49 pm

I am so disappointed season 3 has been canceled. I am so hooked and looked forward to what was going to happen next. It was extremely well acted and written with lots of twists and turns. Better than the junk on TV. Please reconsider.

Martin Ryan March 26, 2015 at 4:38 pm

I don’t get it–thought it was one of the best things on Netflix streaming where we watched it. Was very disappointed when it ended, unresolved. Without question, make the movie. Can’t wait!

shawn March 10, 2015 at 10:45 am

the best thing I have seen on TV for a long time, I am soooooooooooooooooo disappointed.

michael March 5, 2015 at 6:09 pm

We really enjoyed the series and were so surprised it was cancelled! Would love for someone to pick it up and continue it.

Joe V. February 28, 2015 at 8:25 pm

I liked the Boss and was looking forward to season three on netflix. I find myself a picky viewer so I guess I’m a bit surprised that it was canceled.

ICA February 22, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Excellent series with superb acting as well as script. Like others, Boss reminded me of both the American and British versions of House of Cards. Hope to see some kind of closure – it’s too good to leave open-ended.