Boss: Cancelled; No Season Three But…

Boss cancelled by StarzStarz has decided to cancel Boss after two seasons on the air. The Kelsey Grammer series won’t be returning for a third season but viewers may still get some resolution.

Boss revolves around Chicago Mayor Tom Kane (Grammer), a powerful man who struggles to stay on top while secretly battling a debilitating brain disease. Others in the cast include Karen Aldridge, Connie Nielsen, Kathleen Robertson, Martin Donovan, Jeff Hephner, and Hannah Ware.

The cable channel renewed the show for a second season a month before the series even premiered. Had they waited, they might have cancelled it instead. The ratings for the first season were underwhelming and the cast and crew knew that season two would have to do better for the show to survive.

It didn’t. The second season averaged 360,000 viewers and a 0.1 rating in the demo. The cancellation certainly doesn’t come as a surprise.

While there won’t be a third season of Boss, Lionsgate TV and Starz are having discussions about wrapping up the story with a two-hour movie.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Boss has been cancelled by Starz? Do you think they’ll really make a movie?

rick silva September 28, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Very sad it was canceled.

rick silva September 28, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I thought it was a very good series. I am sad to hear that it was not renewed.

Todd & Kimmy September 13, 2014 at 11:50 pm

They cancel a series as well produced as this but will keep these current crap series’ going (we all know what im talking about there). Who watches Stars anyways. Should have been a Netflix Original.

Michael Karp September 12, 2014 at 6:01 pm

It was getting a bit over the top and I would love to see a 2-hour movie to wrap it up.

Yolanda September 10, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I loved the show. Just completed both seasons on Netflix. It would be great if they would continue the show on Netflix like House of Cards. I would definitely watch.

Sherry September 8, 2014 at 1:38 am

Just watched “Boss” Seasons 1&2 on Netflix. Winner! Can’t believe they bagged it. Kelsey crushed it.

Anonymous September 6, 2014 at 7:54 pm

I really enjoyed this series and am very disappointed there will not be a third season. I wish they would reconsider or at least resolve loose ends in a movie.

Gisele August 30, 2014 at 10:15 am

Loved it ! Acting was great and storyline good ,really hope there is a a movie

russ August 23, 2014 at 7:36 am

I thought it was an excellent t series. I really would love to see a third season. OR at least a movie to wrap up the loose ends.

Nhackney August 22, 2014 at 10:22 am

I loved it! Just finished season 3 on Netflix. Thought the acting was superb. Sorry to read it was cancelled.

Nhackney August 22, 2014 at 10:23 am

Meant to say Season 2…..

KCM August 20, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I really enjoyed it. I hope there is at least a movie to close it out. Similarly, AMC canceled The Killing after a huge cliffhanger ending to season 3. Thank You Netflix for picking it up and ending it admirably. Hopefully someone will do that for Boss and not shaft viewers like what happened with Southland and The Glades.

bob45 August 13, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I can see why it wasn’t renewed. Was it a political story or a detective story or just an excuse for nudity. And the stupid idea of the dead coming back to talk was just annoying. Kelsey Grammer can do much better.