CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

Amber Stotelmyer June 26, 2013 at 11:01 pm

PLEASE don’t cancel this show!!!! It’s the only reason I watch CBS any more. I never cared for the regular CSI – CSI:NY imho has better stories, better characters (especially since Sela Ward came aboard), and better location (I LOVE NY :) ). CBS has tried running several new shows that are ‘cheaper’ to produce than CSI:NY, and they have all failed miserably. If CBS wants to keep saying that it’s the number one network, they can’t cancel one of their best shows. Honestly, that makes no business sense at all. Save CSI:NY!!!!!

Oliya June 24, 2013 at 8:21 am

Don’t end it but can Mac please get not married ?????????? I wish he would marry Stella :(

Carol June 19, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Please keep this show on! Too many good shows are being cancelled. I loved CSI Miami and now will go out of my way to watch the reruns. Don’t cancel CSI NY also.

κωνσταντινα κατωποδη June 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm

θα ηθελα να συνεχεισουν τα επεισοδια του csi νεα υορκη ηταν κατι το πρωτοτυπο και ωραια γυρισμενο

Michie May 22, 2013 at 12:48 am

Don’t STOP the show it is the best thing around the only other CSI show I like as much as CSI NY was CSI Miami and that stoped PLEASE DON”T STOP THIS ONE

Chris May 11, 2013 at 5:17 am

Renew CSI NY for one last season or at least show the season finale. CSI NY should not be cancelled just because one of the actors are leaving. All the shows I watched there was always a season finale, ending the show. The CBS company has to at least show the season finale for this season just before the show was off the tv because of the new show golden boy. That golden noy show is not that good. Please show the season finale of csi ny for this season. All of these actors including sela ward were great playing the detectives on the show. CBS company csi ny should remain on tv at least until this years season finale is shown in 2013 spring. This was my favorite show. CBS, you guys keep cancelling all of my favfavorite.detective shows. But leave all the boring comedian shows on. I say CSI NY should be renewed for one last season. CSI NY hasnt been on tv for awhile bring it back on tv. Come on guys.

grace kalmus May 10, 2013 at 6:17 am

how about all involved take a (slight?) pay cut to help it renew?

Carrie May 9, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Keep it!!!! There’s only one show on Fridays worth it this one. Grimm moved now keep this damn show!!

Jeanette May 8, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Keep it!!! We love the show here in Norway too!

jack tankersley May 7, 2013 at 7:20 pm

keep it great show

Sharon May 6, 2013 at 2:16 am

Please don’t cancel CSI NY. I’m still not over having Miami cancelled. : (

Arlene May 5, 2013 at 8:20 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL CSI.NY I WATCH ALL OF THE CSI SERIES AND HAVE SINCE THE BEGINING OF CSI IN VEGAS. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL ANY OF THESE PROGRAMS.

Louise May 3, 2013 at 10:14 pm

i think it would be a crime too cancel the show. Other tan blue blood it,s the ony decent show on friday nights. They can cancel undercover boss and vegas their not worth watching.

Phyllis Brauda May 3, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I miss watching C.S.I.NewYork. It was a great show , and it need another 10 years. I always watched, every Friday night.Please let it come back on soon!……………….

Vero Zurita Pasquel May 3, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I REALY hope they DON’T cancel it!!!
I LOVE CSI NY!!!
I’ve watched since it began!!!

Susana Lopez May 3, 2013 at 2:53 am

I got sooooo angry and then cried when you cancelled CSI: Miami!!!! I LOOOVED that show sooooo much!!!!! It had A LOT of stories about child abduction, other kidnappings, murder, stalking, even crimes using animals!!!!!! I looked forward to seeing it every week and you cancelled it????!!!!!!! And now you want to do the same with CSI: NY????!!!!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS??????? PLEASE DON’T CANCEL IT!!!!! I think if you move it to another day of the week and air it at 8 pm it’ll do fabulously!!!!!!!!