CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

sandy March 6, 2013 at 2:03 pm

love the show, I schedule my Friday nights around it. Sorry to hear about Hill Harper.
The show is more enjoyable to watch than CSI, it has scientific, personal and detective tones to it not to mention the excitement of the NYC scenes. Please renew

sue March 6, 2013 at 8:06 am

I would hate to see CSI NY get cancelled please dont i love watching the show one of the better ones. We have already lost CSI Miami that was also a great show.The more shows you cancel the less people will watch the newer programs you try to bring out.

kb March 6, 2013 at 7:29 am

I THINK CSI NY HAS RUN ITS COURSE I SAY CANCEL IT WITH THE MAC/CHRISTINE RELATIONSHIP ITS BECOME A SOAP OPERA MORE THAN A CRIME DRAMA I SAY CANCEL

shannon March 5, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I love csi ny please don’t cancel it .

Felicia Wright March 5, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Please don’t cancel CSI NY. It’s my favorite show. I will be lost without it.

Barb Resley March 5, 2013 at 6:09 pm

do not cancel this show, there are people who are older than 49 that like to watch TV, not just the young, why do you base your findings on the ages between 18-49, do you think that after 49 we do not watch TV. get a grip.

Linda March 5, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Please, please don’t cancel CSI:NY, it’s the only show worth watching on Friday night.
It would be a huge mistake to cancel it and I would certainly not watch anything
on Friday night. So this is two viewers you would lose.

Phyl March 4, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Please don’t Cancel CSI New York. Just is getting interesting Mac has finally found love after losing his wife Clare in 911. Glad to see his character moving on with his life.

C. State March 4, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I have grown to like this show – didn’t watch it initially. I am a faithful follower of CSI, I also watched CSI: Miami. Decided to try CSI: NY, and really liked it. Look forward to watching CSI: NY on Friday, followed by another GREAT show, Blue Bloods. Used to love watching Numb3rs on Friday!

Jo March 4, 2013 at 11:53 am

Tis is truly one of the best shows–PLEASE renew it!!!!

Gail Kautzmann March 4, 2013 at 11:18 am

I love this show and would hate to see it leave.

Sonia Birchfield March 1, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I love CSI :NY I would hate to see it get cancelled. It is one of my favorite shows. I even watch the re-runs over and over. I love Gary Sinise. Please renew this show.

Cameron King March 1, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I love CSI NY a lot I think it should get renewed

michel February 28, 2013 at 9:43 am

Best CSI made and they should be renewing it the serreis finale cant be as it is right now with an half opened pregnancy story and an wedding that isn’t even done.

Come on CBS Dont take the best CSI series made away from us you already killed of miami

even it’s sad to see hill harper go

Phyl March 4, 2013 at 11:31 pm

I agree they killed CSI Miami don’t kill CSI NY. Will miss Hill Harper but the show will still be good without him.

Pat Dean February 26, 2013 at 7:19 pm

This is an an excellent show. One of best. Renew it