Dallas: Season Three Ratings

Dallas on TNT: cancel or renew?This will be the first full season of Dallas without Larry Hagman’s JR Ewing. Can the cast and producers continue to draw viewers and solid ratings without their quintessential bad guy? Will the new Dallas be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned to find out.

Airing on Monday nights, Dallas continues to follow the machinations of the dysfunctional and powerful Ewing clan. The cast includes Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Juan Pablo Di Pace.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.92 million total viewers.

Reference point: The second season of the new Dallas averaged a 0.8 demo rating and 2.67 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you still like the Dallas series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Update: TNT has cancelled Dallas after three seasons. Details here.

Canceled and renewed TV show

645 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sam says

I didn’t like the show that much the 1st time I watched it. Why did they change up Southfork so much? Where did the old inside of the house go to? I’m starting to get used to it now, but it would have been AWESOME with the old stages brought back, of course they could have been updated, but mostly the same. What about the Intro? I knew the music to the old Dallas up and down and found it all changed up, speeded up a bit if you will. I still am finding myself drawn to watch it again every week, just like I did the old version. Still, I think the show could be improved upon. I think John Ross’s character could have been portrayed by a “stronger” more “ruthless” figure so he would have been more like his dad.

2. Bill says

Best show on TV. EVERYONE who reads this needs to write to the head of TNT programming and show your support and asked for a 4th season. The show is just now beginning to feel like the original. Write to Michael Wright at:

michael.wright@tnt.com

SAVE DALLAS!!!

3. Laurie T says

I’m a DIE HARD Dallas superfan. I have watched Dallas since the very first episode. I LOVE the re-boot. They have done a wonderful job mixing the past with the present and staying true to the essence of Dallas. I miss Larry Hagman but just as life and show business….the show must go on and he, most of all, would have wanted it that way. I continues watching after Jock and I will continue watching now. There is a huge opportunity to carry this show for another generation of fans. I think switching it to Fridays at 9:00PM would be the thing to do. Long live The Ewings!!

4. margaret says

They need to have Sue Ellen possibly pregnant, even though she is close to menapause. This would cause some jelousy from Ann expecially if it is possible it could be Bobby’s child. Move the show to summer and drop the mexican drug story. Give more storylines to lucy. Possible have Roger come after her. Like in the original photographer obsession storyline.

• Robin says

Close to menopause, she is 73 years old. I think menopause is far away in the rear view mirror. At the very least she is in her sixties on the show.

• jr yoo wing says

Margaret knows her onions! The Mexican drug storyline is a joke. They need oil deals with other oild companies and have more storylines involving deals JR did that affect the current company. It belongs on 15 weeks from June-September on Wednesdays too.

5. Mike says

I loved the original Dallas and I’m thoroughly enjoying the new Dallas. While I greatly miss Larry Hagman, I think the new cast is great and can carry on. Bobby and Sue Ellen are an added plus. It’s also great to see the other original cast members for time to time and hopefully we will see more of them. As long as Dallas is on the air, I’ll be watching.

6. Gina Pittman says

This show is the BEST SHOW in years. It has some of the very best actors and the greatest writers on TV. Every show is full of twist and turns and surprises, so you never know what direction it will go in next. I’m so glad to be able to watch something besides crazy reality shows, a dramatic, exciting show that actually has a storyline. Dallas is THE SHOW, with the best, sexiest actors, and should not be missed.

• Charlene says

I agree. This is the best reboot ever. The actors are very great. This show is well acted.

I love it. I can’t wait to see the next season.

P.S. I want to see more of Charlene Tilton. I love Lucy.
      Thanks.

• Chris says

I agree love Lucy. She shouldn’t be a regular but have her visit more often and have her add to the plot. Not just say “Hi! I must be going.”

7. Maria says

Of course TNT should keep this show on. It is the most dramatic modern day show. This season is amazingly better than last season. Everyone (except Christopher and Bum) actually seems human, good, bad, scared, strong. Only thing is you never hear about it on tv. Where is the advertising?

8. says

Never watched any of the new series. The promos are off putting — make the show seem like trash. I (like everybody) was an avid fan of the original series. I’m older than the target audience though, and certainly too old to want to watch young people engage in sex and dirty dealings.

9. randy wiser says

i agree the show should air in the summer . it had its best ratings at that time and move it back to wednesday nights. i enjoy the show but would like to see less of the mexican crap. they should have gary and val move back to dallas nd be involved in the storylines.

• Joel says

They don’t need Gary and Val. They were barely on Knots and the show doesn’t need two more 80 year olds on it. Sue Ellen and Bobby are great and fit with the story. Gary is extremely boring and Val looks like Herman Munster.

• terri says

Agreed. Gary and Val are too old and we already have Sue Ellen and Bobby and Harris’s mom. They need to give Lucy and Ray something to do other than showing up at random events together, as if they are husband and wife. This show has great potential and would like to see it moved to Friday nights.

10. mitch says

I love the show. Keep it on. Would love to see more of the original stars make guest appearances. Lets get brothers Gary and Ray on the show a lot more often and Lucy too. TNT should renew for season 4 with at least 15 episodes and should show Dallas from mid May to mid September, they made a big mistake putting it on in Feb.

11. Anonymous says

DALLAS is a still a great show, but TNT made a big mistake putting it on in Feb, the show should be on from May to early Sept. There is to much story around John Ross, lets see a lot more of Bobby, and lets see more of the original starts back in the show. The writers are good and should have no problem finding a story for brothers Gary and Ray and lets see Lucy some more.

• jr yoo wing says

Agree. Bobby Ewing is the head cheese now, and always was. JR sr. was Bobby’s alter ego foil. Little JR is on too much and Christopher’s role has been rightly diminished. Lucy and Ray should be on a lot more and with a substantial plot.

12. BeccaB says

We love the show, but we never think to watch it on Monday night…probably because the old Dallas always aired on Friday night. Monday just doesn’t seem to be the right night of the week for Dallas.

13. jr yoo wing says

Move this show to Wednesday nights in August for part 2 of season 3. The show belongs on from May-September on Wedneaday nights. Give Ray Krebs some substantive plot too.

14. jr yoo wing says

Too much focus on little JR and the Mexico drug nonsense. Bobby MUST be the central character and invlove oild deals gone wild! Bring back Westar oil.

15. Ed N says

The show is great. I am really enjoying watching it on Friday nights on either VHS or On Demand. I think TNT is making a big mistake not showing the program on Friday nights. I think that would improve the ratings.