Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Nport November 10, 2014 at 1:19 am

Yes please! Most certainly needs a season 2

Anonymous November 4, 2014 at 2:12 am

Please bring back. It was such an amazing show!

trumpeting_angel October 24, 2014 at 11:34 pm

The first few episodes were terrible, and they lost their chance, probably, to achieve great ratings. But the show got considerably better, and when I reached the end (on Netflix), I was shocked and disappointed that there wasn’t more. It had started to show real promise.

Anonymous November 20, 2014 at 12:49 am

i completely agree. it wasnt until midseason that i found myself laughing,snickering routing for Emily and crying at every tearjerk scene. i want more now…(netflix marathon)

Sierra September 13, 2014 at 1:46 pm

I can’t believe they cancelled. All they have to do is advertise more and more people will see how good it was. They should bring it back!

Paul July 8, 2014 at 12:51 am

I can’t believe that season 1 is the ending. Please Net Flix or someone pick up this show it does remind me of Grey’s Anatomy, at least as good maybe even better. I believe that the reason that the ratings were low, if that is the case, is because there wasn’t enough publicity about the show. I may be wrong about that but I don’t remember ever seeing any advertisements about it at all, and now that I have watched it I have fallen head over heals for the characters and the story line. The only suggestions I would have is that you keep it clean without any fowl language or bed room activities, as you have done so far.. Keep it family friendly funny and clean, and by the way what will the fans of Grey’s Anatomy do with their time if it gets cancelled like the rumors have gone lately. We will all need a place to get our surgical fix and so far this is the best show that I have seen in quite a while. Just bring it back please and make the last seen of the season with Will and Dr. Owens a dream, she needs to be with Micha.

Guadalupe July 5, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Wtf!!! This is just heartbreaking!! I just watch the whole 1st season and finding out there’s no more yea that’s a 0 prop for writer and directed you guys suck!!! I fucking live this show with just a few you left me thinking what could have had happen bring it back!!

amy July 2, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Really disappointed
there’s no season 2:(…it was the cutest show:)

Bionca July 1, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I really enjoyed this show on netflix. Maybe they could pick it up! I’m so disappointed that it was cancelled because it had so much potential. It reminds me of “Grey’s Anatomy” in the earlier seasons.

Anonymous June 26, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Nooooo! Why did they cancell itt!! This was such a great show! Their stupid!

Sarah June 24, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Very disappointed just heard of this show watched on netflix and I don’t want it to be over… Very very sad

Anonymous June 22, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I LOVED this show! It was much, much better than “Hart of Dixie” or an of those other inane shows. Too bad.

Bill Russell June 11, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Great show, we love it. I can’t believe this hit was terminated. There’s a moron born every second.