Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Jayne Mancini April 21, 2015 at 6:04 pm

I’m really sorry that there will not be a season two of Emily Owens M.D.
I thought the series was fantastic, I enjoyed the story lines and all the characters were superb. I hate that some series go on and on and I get bored with watching them but others finish way too soon and this is one of them.

Emily’s character was lovely and well acted, if Mamie Gummer ever gives up acting she should study medicine ! She’d make a lovely doctor !

Please bring it back again.

Wendy April 16, 2015 at 10:34 am

I just started watching the show and love it!!!! I watched the whole season in like 2 days.. Would love to see this show come back out!!!

Anonymous April 6, 2015 at 1:13 am

I love this show !!! It had a few medical mistakes but it’s funny,dramatic and a show that catches your eye. It left me on a cliff hanger and I would love to see it be continued . PLEASE CONTINUE IT !!!!

riya March 25, 2015 at 10:33 am

I am a busy mom that doesn’t watch tv.so this show just started to watch in the netflix.i like the drama in this show and disappointed that it’s been canceled.but there are few things I find not correct. Like Owens didn’t wore a gloves a few time giving injection. Opening needles with mouth, no privacy given when taken biopsy etc.but again drama in this show was good

Sue March 19, 2015 at 8:55 pm

PLEASE continue this show!!! I loved it and it’s been awhile since I’ve found a good show to watch. I hope Netflix continues it – it was so fun to binge watch! It it’s really over I guess I’ll just have to say she ended up with Will and got married & had babies! :)

Brooke March 4, 2015 at 3:28 pm

How about the fact that network television is soon to be a thing of the past.
This show was absolutely awesome, totally totally totally superb.

NETFLIX is how I got to watch this show because it’s the most convenient. Parents can watch after kids are in bed, or people who work at night can get the Emily Owens MD “fix”.

I am incredibly disappointed it’s over… I pray it’s not the end and that someone will pick up this show (like NETFLIX). Oh and btw, grey’s anatomy was lame.

Brooke March 4, 2015 at 3:06 pm

I don’t subscribe to network television.. A LOT of people don’t any more. There are so many other options for getting ones “entertainment”, such as NETFLIX, REDBOX, YOU TUBE, etc.

Please get this show back on tv, or better yet NETFLIX.

This show is great… I haven’t gotten into television shows in a long time and this show, on NETFLIX was convenient because I can watch it while my children are sleeping or waiting at the doctors office, on work breaks.

Please bring EMILY OWENS MD BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

paul January 27, 2015 at 6:39 am

Watched this is on Amazon Prime and throughly enjoyed it. It is entertaining and amusing after a long day at work this is the kind of programme you need to help you unwind. It is a shame that they did not commit to a season 2 though i have to admit that I had never heard of it until it appeared in the recently added section of Amazon prime.

slowride January 26, 2015 at 12:52 am

i think CW is stupid for cancelling the show but then again they always cancell all the good show i will not be watching CW again.

Olga January 15, 2015 at 6:34 pm

I never even heard of it while it was on tv. I just watched all the season on netflix. I am do sad they cancelled it. This show would have gotten better ratings of they advertise it.

Anonymous January 10, 2015 at 5:42 am

Emily Owens M.D. was a fantastic series and I am very sad to hear that there won’t be any new episodes to come. Now how will I know what happens after Emily sleeps with Will?!

gardener December 27, 2014 at 1:11 am

What a shame. Another very enjoyable program cancelled because the network did not know how to promote it. There are many TV watchers who simply enjoy being entertained without having their senses assaulted. Too bad those who produce haven’t learned to value and support that kind of programming. Watched all 13 episodes. Bummer that there won’t be more.

Anonymous December 17, 2014 at 7:11 am

I just watched the entire show on netflix and absolutely loved it! Can’t believe there’s no season 2. I’m super disappointed!