Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Canceled and renewed TV show

357 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sue B says

I watched it all on Netflix. I was very disappointed to discover it had been cancelled for 2 main reasons… I liked the story & characters & I hated how it ended with her poor choice.

2. says

I think there should have been a season 2. Frankly I am quite upset and disappointed about it since we didn’t see what happened between Emily and Micah, or what happened to Micah’s mom.

3. Donna Baumgartner says

I had just finished watching all13 episodes of Emily Owens, MD on Netflix. I also was engaged in watching them weekly when the show was on air. I truly was crushed when the show didn’t re-air for more seasons. Seeing more seasons would be terrific. I’ve really learned a lot of medical knowledge from the show and the storyline was sensational. The cast was phenomenal and fresh. Please re-evaluate this show!!!

4. BJ says

I discovered this show on Netflix. I was unhappy to know there would be no season 2. It was a show that made sense. I even learned medical terms.

5. Esther says

I just find this show and i really liked it wish it had an other season. Please at least 13 more episodes. Because I’m not satisfied with the first seasons ending :/

6. Tara says

The show needed time. Two years later, I have just discovered Emily Owens M.D. It took a friend and Netflix to bring this brilliance to my attention. There was not enough promotion for when the show took off.

7. Morgan says

No… No no no. This show is SO good! I saw it on Netflix and fell in love with it! I agree with Stephen. Netflix should take on the show and create more seasons, but it needs to be the same cast!

8. Stephen p says

Okay this show was really good! Especially with the high school parallel comparison…. This show probably received low ratings because of the time of being aired! With new shows like this being introduced you have to check the competition, viewers are already into other shows by the time this show aired. Netflix should be given the right to the series and continue the show with a whole new season (2) as a netflix series…. same cast though! 5***** show, with drama, romance, and more!

9. says

I’m so sad there isn’t more to this show. I just started it thinking it was a Netflix special, and now it’s over ;(
    There are so many questions left unanswered. Not the way to end a series.