The Mob Doctor: Cancelled Yet?

mob doctor cancelled yetThough many pegged The Mob Doctor as the show most likely to be cancelled first, FOX still hasn’t officially lowered the boom. Perhaps they didn’t want a repeat of all the flack they got from quickly cancelling Lone Star two years ago.

Despite terrible ratings, the network hasn’t cut Mob Doctor’s 13 episode order or pull it off the air (versus CBS’ Partners and Made in Jersey).

Still, that’s no reason to believe that the show hasn’t essentially been cancelled. The network hasn’t ordered any additional episodes and there’s no spot for it on the mid-season schedule. With such low ratings, there’s no way that the network would put lots of marketing cash behind an effort to relaunch the show nine months later, for the 2013-14 season.

FOX has now announced that they’ll be airing (burning off) two episodes on Saturday nights in early January. Rather than let the remainder installments gather dust on the shelf, FOX is at least letting fans of the show see all of the episodes. Not as many people watch series television during late December and early January anyway so they aren’t exactly making a big sacrifice.

According to The Futon Critic, here’s how the final episodes will air:
Episode 9 – Monday, December 3 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 10 – Saturday, December 29 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 11 – Monday, December 31 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 12 – Saturday, January 5 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 13 – Monday, January 7 at 9:00/8:0

Since Mob Doctor has essentially been doomed from the beginning because of low ratings, the producers will give viewers some closure by the season/series finale.

What do you think? Do you think the last episode will give viewers some closure? How would you like to see the story end?

essencerae May 3, 2013 at 10:50 am

This is one of the best shows that have been on TV in a while. Ive been noticing that a lot of shows that are good keep being canceled? I dont understand it. Everyone I know who watched the Mob Doctor loved it and couldn’t wait for the next episode. This is an excellent show and it will be such a shame, not to mention a huge disappointment if it doesn’t come back! Seriously, its hard to find a great show like this today with all the stupid reality shows that are on. Then people like myself start to get involve and dedicate there time to watching it just for it to be canceled. TV shows are starting to be a waste of time anymore. I’m ready to give up on cable all together and cancel my subscription. All because I’m so hesitant to start watching other things and take the chance of getting involved just for it to possibly be taken off the air. AGAIN!!! Thi isnt the first time its happened. More like the 4th or 5th time. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW! ITS AWESOME!

Anonymous November 7, 2014 at 4:08 am

Quite agree, love this series and so very disappointed to hear it is not continuing.

Essie March 25, 2013 at 6:31 pm

When will you be bringing this back on. I finally watched the series on hulu and love it. I just hope you do not cancel this show.

Laura long March 17, 2013 at 1:16 am

I look forward to watching this show every week it sucks they cancel every show I like what’s with that

Anonymous February 25, 2013 at 3:48 pm

loved the show, got my husband hooked……what a bummer this is that you are taking it off the air!!!

theresa February 18, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I want it to come back .I love this show . I miss it very much I have nothing to watch on Mondays any more this show is the hottest thing on regular tv. can you please bring it back

KENNY February 9, 2013 at 5:47 pm

DONT BE A DOPE,MOB DOCTOR IS A VERY GOOD SHOW, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD,GIVE THE SHOW A CHANCE,THE NETWORK PROBLEM IS,THEY TO DAME QUICK TO PUSH THE CANCEAL BUTTON,THAT’S WHY MANY OF THE GOOD SHOW’S DONT LAST.AND LET ME TELL YOU,THERE HAVE BEEN MANY THAT GOT THE AXE EARLY, WHY?BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THE DECISIONS HAVE NO TASTE,ALL THEY THINK ABOUT IS RATING-WHAT ABOUT WHAT THE VIEWERS WANT,DOPES,THEY MUST BE ON DRUGS

Anonymous February 5, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I’ve watched the whole series!! I love it! I am going to be devistated if they end it. 25 year old female.

Kyle January 29, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Loved the show. My wife and I watched every episode twice. We have been looking for a show just like this. One of my favorite drams ever.

Doris January 29, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I don’t want the show to end at all. She and her S.O. just ran to Mexico. Fox surely can do something with that. Like she does good medicine there and they help the USA with the Mexican Mafia or something, so that both get community service in USA for years – which is what she did for most of the season anyway. And he was undercover anyway.

Joyce Riner January 28, 2013 at 12:48 pm

It seems all the channels want to cancel the good shows and keep the stupid reality tv shows going. Some people are tired of those reality and other type of shows.

craigmckechnie January 25, 2013 at 7:32 pm

loved the program. never missed one . I am a diappointed 79 yeard old senior.

Carol January 15, 2013 at 5:36 pm

It got cancelled because I watched it but at least they let it play out. Not sure where they find the ratings but it seems like most programs I get hooked on don’t last long.

tillie January 15, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I don’t want to see it end____________ could have been more advertising about the show –I do know I sure told lots of frirnds about it’s airing time every week. Sure hope this doesn’t happen to ”Justified”— another very good show!!! please reconsider an bring it back—find a place for ”Mob Dr”to air again.