Golden Boy: Season One Ratings

golden boy cbs tv show ratingsVegas hasn’t been a ratings hit for CBS. Will Golden Boy preform better or will it be cancelled after one season, like so many others TV shows? We’ll have to wait and see.

Golden Boy revolves around an ambitious young cop who goes on to become New York’s youngest police commissioner. The show typically airs on Tuesday or Friday nights on CBS. The cast includes Theo James, Chi McBride, Kevin Alejandro, Bonnie Somerville, Holt McCallany, and Stella Maeve.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Golden Boy will be cancelled or renewed for season two.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.19 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 05/14/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 6.91 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.42 in the demo with 8.19 million.

UPDATE: CBS has cancelled Golden Boy after one season of 13 episodes.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 05/07/13
1.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 6.99 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 8.30 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 04/30/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.64 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.45 in the demo with 8.42 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 04/23/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.94 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 8.50 million.

Episode 01-09: Tuesday, 04/16/13
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 8.07 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.56 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 04/09/13
1.5 in the demo (+15% change) with 7.89 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.62 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 04/02/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.83 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 8.72 million.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 03/26/13
1.4 in the demo (-18% change) with 8.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 8.87 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 03/19/13
1.7 in the demo (+13% change) with 9.26 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 9.03 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 03/12/13
1.5 in the demo (+50% change) with 8.53 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.97 million.

Episode 01-03: Friday, 03/08/13
1.0 in the demo (-38% change) with 7.41 million (-21% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 9.12 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 03/05/13
1.6 in the demo (-11% change) with 9.40 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 1.70 in the demo with 9.98 million.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 02/26/13
1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.46 million total viewers. (These are fast affiliate numbers and will be updated to reflect the national ratings when they are available.)

Compared to the series premiere of Vegas, CBS was down by 25% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 30% in viewers (vs 14.85 million). Not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Golden Boy TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Julie April 16, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Well written, complex characters, interesting storylines. I hope CBS has the good sense to renew Golden Boy. Give it another season and viewership will grow. Golden Boy is certainly a much better series than Body of Proof on NBC and that silly ABC matchmaking show on Tuesdays at 10. People are getting tired of all these ridiculous reality shows on TV Bring back the good dramas!

Annie April 16, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I really like this show! Keep it on!

Susan April 16, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Love this show!!!

Anita DePaul April 16, 2013 at 8:30 pm

I love blue blood an elementary an person of instrance I might not watch them on tv that night cause a other show on I watch at that time but I do watch it later that week online an golden boy

Anita DePaul April 16, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I love this show why would they think of canceling it for a other dam realty show please no more

Deb April 15, 2013 at 4:58 am

This is a fabulous show with a ton of potential- please don’t cancel this!!!!

Tom Fleming April 13, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Love the show. Very Blue Bloods like, and that’s a good thing.

dsa April 12, 2013 at 5:45 pm

One of the very few shows I look for and record for later viewing; have enjoyed it immensely. Extremely well done.

Couch April 12, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I totally agree! “Golden Boy” is probably the best cop procedural on CBS right now. I don’t count”Elementary” or “Person of Interest” as they are not, strictly speaking, one’s typical cop procedural.
It’s a fresh, new show where the actors truly have unheard of surprised; very much so, in fact!…for a freshman debut, of course. Sometimes, we need a little light!-heartedness in a cop show…and that’s what “Golden Boy” brings to the table. While I’m not knocking the other coo shows on t.v., I’m getting sick of shows that use gratuitous violence in order to capture the cable t.v viewership.
Outside of Chi McBride and Bonnie Sommerville, there are actors which are with unknown, or infrequently unused, who are superb in rounding out any rough edges some critics may see in this show.
It’s a wonderful show that, for once, allows one to kick off their slippers and enjoy a show that doesn’t take itself either too seriously…or not seriously enough! Truly, one of the few shows that I tried to avoid (wasn’t fond of the name), but was pleasantly surprised; very much so, in fact. This is a show that has much potential…and if the writing keeps pace, I can only see this show getting better and better as it progresses. It has that perfect blend of drama with a tad bit of humor thrown in. I have not yet rolled my eyes because suspension if disbelief comes quite easily with the show…as opposed to many other dramas on this and other networks.
In a day and age where the vast majority of GOOD t.v. shows predominantly on cable t.v., I find that network t.v. has seemed to all but given up because, perhaps, they feel they cannot compete with the way cable is able to push the envelope so much further than network will ever be able to be allowed.
However, one must never forget that being able to show more sex or inappropriate language does not a great t.v. show make!
And let’s again nit forget how well this t.v. show cast meshes…even, dare I say it? Harmonizes with each other. Outside if the previous actors I’ve named, newcomer The James and Kevin Allejandro are the perfect foils for each other…and the cast as a whole. And, of course, Holt McAllany ALWAYS brings something to whatever show/film he ever does….and you can take that to the bank!
If C.B.S. has an ounce of foresight, they will realize that “Golden Boy” could be considered one of the best shows on all of t.v. next season…as ling as they retain the writers and don’t try to fiddle with it too much. As much as I like Dennis Quaid and Michael Chikliss, C.B.S. is NOT the best forum for their talents…and, to be honest, the show lost me after episode 1. That’s a rarity for me as I always seem to give a show at least a month’s worth if viewing to make that decision whereas “Golden Boy” had me hooked from the get-go!
Please, PLEASE, do NOT cancel this show. At least give it another season and see what happens?
That’s my 2 bits…and hopefully, someone, somewhere us reading this and will heed my words…even superficially!
Thanks for allowing my post to go on and on.

Much thanks for giving us AT LEAST 13 episodes…and hopefully more to come!

Couch

Karen April 12, 2013 at 8:16 am

Love it. Love the character of Walter Clark. Acting is superb

Jan D April 10, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I love this show and I have friends who are hooked to it as well. I hope they give it a chance and do not cancel it because I would be so disappointed. I would probably not watch any more new shows on the big tv networks because they are quick to pull the plug on new programs if they don’t get the big ratings right away in their first season.

Liz April 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I think Golden Boy is one of the more interesting shows on TV. A lot of complex but believable characters and interesting stories. Hope they don’t cancel it.

Marie Mansolillo April 10, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Love this show!! Please please don’t cancel it!! Great story and characters – so much more to see and unravel…. want to see our Golden Boy grow up!!

Pam L April 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm

This is a quality show with great story lines and acting. KEEP IT!!!!!!!

Marcia April 10, 2013 at 2:38 am

This is one show that I look forward to seeing each week. I love all of the actors and the storyline is great. Please don’t cancel this show.