Golden Boy: Cancelled, No Second Year for CBS Series

Golden Boy canceled, no season twoOfficer Walter Clark’s story has been cut short. CBS has cancelled Golden Boy after one season and 13 episodes.

Airing on Tuesday nights, Golden Boy tells the tale of a young and ambitious New York cop (Theo James) who rises quickly through the department’s ranks to become the youngest Police Commissioner in NYC history. The cast also includes Chi McBride, Kevin Alejandro, Bonnie Somerville, Holt McCallany, and Stella Maeve.

The network was hoping that Golden Boy would perform better than Vegas — and for awhile, it looked like it might. Unfortunately, Golden Boy’s ratings ended up being pretty bad, particularly in the 18-49 demographic.

The episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.4 in the demo with 8.3 million total viewers. It’s one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

The last episode, titled “Next Question,” will air next Tuesday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Golden Boy has been cancelled? What would you have liked to see in season two?

Lisa February 25, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I agree golden boy was my favorite show!
I can’t believe it will not be coming back,
I’m very disappointed !

mary stroope February 10, 2014 at 11:13 am

I get so tired of investing my time in a show only to have it cancelled. I thoroughly enjoyed The Golden Boy and was looking forward to season two. With so many reality and stupid sitcoms on TV now days, this was a very refreshing show with characters that had substance. I am very disappointed in CBS and I would hope maybe TNT will pick it up like they did Southland. They seem to recognize quality when they see it!

Suzy January 4, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Just learned this was cancelled. It was a good show, I started watching it and was surprised. It is frustrating to get involved with the shows and then have them cancelled before they have a chance to catch on.

Shane January 3, 2014 at 9:18 am

Very upset golden boy was cancelled was a great show

tony November 11, 2013 at 2:34 pm

yes, my wife and i watched it faithfully , a great show cant believe its cancelled . whtt disapoints us is all the garbage on tv thats so fake , at least this was true reality with human flaws i hope u put it back on soon . sick of watching singing shows , just glorified kareoke music . guess must think were all robots and cant think for ourselves . after ur 50 i guess they figure we are brainless people. put it back on the series was great

Aundrea November 10, 2013 at 9:15 am

I thought it was a really good show. it kept me interested and looked as if it was going somewhere. I am so upset that you all are cancelling al lthe good shows but leaaving all these “REALITY” (not really but edited) shows.

Laura October 30, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I want Golden Boy back!!!
You advertised the heck out if it and then cancel it.
Finally there was a detective show that had a flawed main character that you could watch learn and grow.
Things like this make me not want to watch new shows. ..
Very disappointing.
Oh, and you are the ones that cancelled my other favorite show-a Gifted Man.
So upset I am.