Hung: Cancelled by HBO; No Season Four

HungRay Drecker may be very popular with the ladies but HBO doesn’t want a fourth season of his TV series. The pay-for-view channel has cancelled Hung after 30 episodes and three seasons on the air.

Hung stars Thomas Jane as a struggling Detroit high school baseball coach and divorced father. He resorts to male prostitution to take advantage of his natural “endowments.” The show’s cast includes Jane Adams, Anne Heche, Eddie Jemison, Rebecca Creskoff, Gregg Henry, Charlie Saxton, and Sianoa Smit-McPhee.

This past season, Hung averaged a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.02 million viewers. That’s way down from last season (1.3 in the demo with 2.46 million), which had declined from the 2009 numbers.

The defacto series finale of Hung aired on December 4th and attracted just a 0.4 rating and 930,000 viewers.

HBO has also cancelled Bored to Death and How to Make It in America but has chosen to renew Enlightened, the newest and lowest-rated of the four.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Hung has been cancelled, that there won’t be a fourth season?

Anonymous November 25, 2012 at 4:28 am

I am sad to hear it is done. They could at least do a wrap up episode or two.

Manuel November 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Sad to read! Season 3 was the better than season 2, and this one better than the 1st!

Frank Romo November 14, 2012 at 2:33 am

That’s too bad, I enjoyed Hung and Bored to Death, well, I guess I’ll watch something else on Showtime….sometimes the programmers get a wild hair and let the good shows drop.

Jshelton October 30, 2012 at 1:38 pm

The show was always one of my favorite shows the cast was awesome and it was one of the reasons I keep hbo it’s the most expensive pay channel but the line up hung being. Part if that lineup us why it’s worth it.

Loved This Show October 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Really? They dropped this for the LOWEST rated show they had?! It seems everytime a network gets a winner, they drop it for something so, so, so dumb! Hung was a winner! It’s really sad to see it thrown away same as Diary of a Call Girl!

Shanna October 22, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I am very sorry to see that “Hung” won’t be back for a fourth season. I always thought it would have done better if it had been an hour-long show. There wasn’t enough time, per episode, to get into the complexity of the characters.

rita October 19, 2012 at 9:41 pm

That really does suck

puru October 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm

please please bring season 4, it was one of the best comedy drama out there. showtime or starz should pick this baby up.

Rich October 2, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Hung was a show worth watching. I ‘d want to see it continue if there’s a way.

GGS September 24, 2012 at 9:53 pm

HUNG is one of the funniest and brightest shows on HBO. I can’t believe HBO would cancell it. Maybe SHOWTIME or STARZ can pick it up. Hope just hope we haven’t seen the last of HUNG.

Jack potter jr August 20, 2012 at 2:02 pm

This was a very well series wish it would have continued maybe do season 4 on DVD only

LD July 31, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Daamm, i am feeling blue right now, it was undoubtedly one of the best series out there, it got me hooked i literally couldn’t go to bed before watching at least 5 episodes. If only there was a chance of HBO reconsider bringing the 4th season…

Anonymous July 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I think HBO was crazy to cancel this show! It was one of the smartest and funniest ones they had.

Anonymous June 10, 2012 at 7:22 am

That’s really unfortunate that the show has been cancelled. I really like it, and Season 3′s season finale looked very promising. I wonder HBO will put in its place.

Anonymous June 3, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I’m sorry to hear that the show was cancelled as well. I loved the show.