Judge Alex: Syndicated Court Show Cancelled

Judge Alex canceledLong-running court show Judge Alex has been cancelled. The cancellation was confirmed by Stephen Brown, executive VP of programming and development for the Fox Television Stations.

“We would like to thank Alex Ferrer as well as executive producer Kathy Sapp and the entire staff for producing a strong daytime court program,” said Brown in a statement. “Alex’s extensive police, legal and judicial experience combined with his great sense of humor made for compelling daytime television for nearly 10 years.”

Judge Alex debuted on September 12, 2005 and features cases that are presided over by Judge Alex E. Ferrer, a former police officer, lawyer, and Florida judge.

The series is the lowest-rated of the five remaining court shows and will continue airing original episodes through August.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Ferrer said, “It was not my decision to end the show. I enjoyed doing the show and would keep doing it but, for many reasons, the company that produces the show wanted to move on. I am grateful that I was able to work with really amazing people like my EP Kathy Sapp and Associate EP’s Tera Roberson and James Glover; Directors Eddie October, Michael Dimitch and Art Bergel; Bailiffs Mason Burroughs & Victor Simon, my makeup, hair and wardrobe help that changed me from hideous to tolerable; incredible producers and associate producers who found great cases for me to try and so many others in our 100 person staff and crew who made the show a success. I’m also grateful to have so many great fans and friends, many of whom I got to meet; and I’m sure that I’ll still get to meet more of you at other events.”

He also hinted that he may return to television at some point in the future.

What do you think? Did you like Judge Alex? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

Janice Wells September 20, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I enjoyed your show and even got my husband watching it with me. I was a little like Rainman and Judge Wapner. I liked the no nonsense and lack of melodrama that your show had. I will miss you everyday and if you are on any other show I will watch.

Ashley September 20, 2014 at 9:06 am

WHY take off a show as entertaining as Judge Alex and leave on horrible ones? I could name 3 on TV right now that are substandard in all areas. Maybe it was the time slot you had for Judge Alex? So many LOVE his show and him…… if you can, please consider bringing his, show back! WITH MASON….we love and miss him too!

Evelyn September 19, 2014 at 10:46 pm

I cant believe Judge Alex was cancelled. Then you all put that stupid Judge show on with the three judges whatever its suppose to be. Judge Alex was great, but thatseems to be the way things are, the best for some reason get dropped and these stupid ones get all the praise. Anyway Judge Alex you are going to missed because this show they have on instead of you is boring. God luck Judge hope to see you back on the ir real soon after they wake up with this boring replacement.

Alice Ohler September 19, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Are you people Nuts? Judge Alex was the best.
I just can’t believe this terrible decision to take one
of the best court shows on TV. He was kind
most of the time and tuff when he needed to be.
I watch one show and she is so mean it makes
my skin crawl. I am very sad and I hope Judge
Alex knows he was loved in my house and he will
be truly missed. I hope who ever made this decision
Comes to their senses and put him right back on TV
were he belongs.

what's the word September 19, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I loved judge Alex there are other court shows that should have been taken off the air instead of judge Alex. In the city of my residency they are running the same judge shows more than once a day when could have let judge Alex say on the air! Who are the people that make these decisions?

D Ebony September 19, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Yes, I am very sad Judge Alex’s show had to be cancelled. Too bad they couldn’t show it in the evenings, as the only time I could watch was on my days off. And, how I look forward to watching him then. He was one of the most impartial judges there is. I really hope he does come back to television in the future.

chris cazares September 19, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Judge Alex, thanks for a great show all these years! You are greatly missed. What were they thinking???

chris cazares September 19, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Judge Alex cancelled? I can’t believe it! He always made my day, was my favorite court show. He was so down to earth, and very fair with everyone. He always put a smile on my face, with his sense of humor. Thanks for your GREAT program, you will be greatly miss! What were they thinking????