Judge Alex: Syndicated Court Show Cancelled

Judge Alex canceledLong-running court show Judge Alex has been cancelled. The cancellation was confirmed by Stephen Brown, executive VP of programming and development for the Fox Television Stations.

“We would like to thank Alex Ferrer as well as executive producer Kathy Sapp and the entire staff for producing a strong daytime court program,” said Brown in a statement. “Alex’s extensive police, legal and judicial experience combined with his great sense of humor made for compelling daytime television for nearly 10 years.”

Judge Alex debuted on September 12, 2005 and features cases that are presided over by Judge Alex E. Ferrer, a former police officer, lawyer, and Florida judge.

The series is the lowest-rated of the five remaining court shows and will continue airing original episodes through August.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Ferrer said, “It was not my decision to end the show. I enjoyed doing the show and would keep doing it but, for many reasons, the company that produces the show wanted to move on. I am grateful that I was able to work with really amazing people like my EP Kathy Sapp and Associate EP’s Tera Roberson and James Glover; Directors Eddie October, Michael Dimitch and Art Bergel; Bailiffs Mason Burroughs & Victor Simon, my makeup, hair and wardrobe help that changed me from hideous to tolerable; incredible producers and associate producers who found great cases for me to try and so many others in our 100 person staff and crew who made the show a success. I’m also grateful to have so many great fans and friends, many of whom I got to meet; and I’m sure that I’ll still get to meet more of you at other events.”

He also hinted that he may return to television at some point in the future.

What do you think? Did you like Judge Alex? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

B. J. December 21, 2014 at 10:04 am

I agree with the DNA show. Why do people want to air their dirty laundry on TV? How awful for America to have so much infidelity. What kind of message does this send to impressionable kids? It’s disgusting. We need more of Judge Alex. Bring him back! I could watch a weekend marathon!!

B. J. December 21, 2014 at 9:53 am

Judge Alex is a 1st class act as an individual, citizen, judge, role model–the list is endless. TV audience does not support his calm, reasonable, common-sense ways of dealing with the issues at hand. TV audiences want a “Jerry Springer” show. The only court show I watched was Judge Alex. He has a very pleasant demeanor and is comfortable laughing at himself. It was refreshing to hear his down-to-earth verdicts, which can be applied to my own life when having to deal with legal issues. I feel there’s something better in store for Judge Alex. He’s top notch and easy on the eyes!

Linda Branam December 18, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Very disappointed that Judge Alex has been cancelled! I loved his show. One of my favorites! I am shocked that his show was the lowest rated of the remaining judge shows. I hope he comes back at some point in time.

Anonymous December 16, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Judge Alex was the best…how could they say his ratings were the lowest. He had complete control of that courtroom…not like some others that talk over the judge. Please bring him back……….He was more knowledgeable than the others……We will be waiting for him….maybe that will be our Christmas present!!!!!!!!!

B. J. December 21, 2014 at 9:57 am

I’m adding to my Christmas wish list, too. Good idea! A daily one-hour show would be awesome!

Laurene December 14, 2014 at 6:45 pm

It was my favorite court show on TV. I sure hope he comes back. He is handsome, funny and very personable. I look forward to seeing him soon.

Anonymous December 12, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Judge Alex was the only court show I watched! !

Mura Kievman December 12, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I am really missing the show. Judge Alex was my favorite of all the judge shows.

Sonia December 10, 2014 at 1:04 pm

BRING JUDGE ALEX BACK.

Billie December 9, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Judge Alex was by far the most interesting and captivating “judge” show on the air. I loved the way he could add humor to his cases. Also, he is a living doll and very easy on the eyes! Big mistake to cancel his show.

TOM/MADONNA SPARROW December 9, 2014 at 1:07 pm

BIGGEST MISTAKE THAT JUDGE ALEX WAS REMOVED FROM T.V.. WE LOVED HIM AND LIKED HIM BETTER THAN JUDGE JUDY, AND THE NEW SHOW THAT I ON NOW ABOUT 2 OR 5 MEN GETTING D.N.A. TESTS TO SEE WHO THE REAL FATHER IS. THAT PROGRAM IS SO “”””” RIDICULOUS”””” IT ISN’T FUNNY. YELLING AND SCREAMING ALL THE TIME.
JUDGE ALEX PROGRAM WAS UNDER CONTROL AT ALL TIMES.
BRING HIM BACK.

RE-TIRED POLICE DETECTIVE/JUVVIE OFFICER/ CSI ~~OF 43 YEARS OUTSIDE THE CITY OF CHICAGO, ILL.
BRING JUDGE ALEX BACK……

Anonymous December 13, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Bring judge Alex back!!!!!