Judge Alex: Syndicated Court Show Cancelled

Judge Alex canceledLong-running court show Judge Alex has been cancelled. The cancellation was confirmed by Stephen Brown, executive VP of programming and development for the Fox Television Stations.

“We would like to thank Alex Ferrer as well as executive producer Kathy Sapp and the entire staff for producing a strong daytime court program,” said Brown in a statement. “Alex’s extensive police, legal and judicial experience combined with his great sense of humor made for compelling daytime television for nearly 10 years.”

Judge Alex debuted on September 12, 2005 and features cases that are presided over by Judge Alex E. Ferrer, a former police officer, lawyer, and Florida judge.

The series is the lowest-rated of the five remaining court shows and will continue airing original episodes through August.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Ferrer said, “It was not my decision to end the show. I enjoyed doing the show and would keep doing it but, for many reasons, the company that produces the show wanted to move on. I am grateful that I was able to work with really amazing people like my EP Kathy Sapp and Associate EP’s Tera Roberson and James Glover; Directors Eddie October, Michael Dimitch and Art Bergel; Bailiffs Mason Burroughs & Victor Simon, my makeup, hair and wardrobe help that changed me from hideous to tolerable; incredible producers and associate producers who found great cases for me to try and so many others in our 100 person staff and crew who made the show a success. I’m also grateful to have so many great fans and friends, many of whom I got to meet; and I’m sure that I’ll still get to meet more of you at other events.”

He also hinted that he may return to television at some point in the future.

What do you think? Did you like Judge Alex? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

871 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sandra says

I really miss Judge Alex. I cannot believe his show has been cancelled. I always watched his show and recorded it.

2. Sandra says

I really miss Judge Alex. I cannot believe his show was one of the lowest rated. I always watched his show and recorded it.

3. Rebecca HOWARD says

I REALLY ENJOYED HIS SHOW!!!!!!!

I *****ALWAYS***** LOOKED FORWARD TO HIS SHOW!! !!!!

I WOULD ****TRY***** TO BASE MY ACTIVITIES AROUND THE SHOW!!!!!!

I WISH I COULD SEE THE ******RERUNS AT LEAST********,,,,,,

4. Marilyn says

I also miss Judge Alex. He was authentic and you really learned a lot because of the cases he presided over. I hope he comes back soon. I was a loyal fan.

5. Donna B says

I really miss you judge Alex. You were wonderfully fair, with a twist of humor, and very easy on the eyes! I would LOVE to see you back on the air, doing what you do best!

6. Brittany Hanks says

I love you Judge Alex. All the sudden . you were gone. Your fair but loyal. This nation needs Judges that really look at the law stated by our founding Fathers. Please come back. We need you!

7. Brenda says

The Judge Alex Show was the best Judge show — can’t believe he had low ratings. I would love to see his show return.

8. Jolee says

Hope they bring Judge Alex Ferrer back to TV. His was the very best ‘Judge show’. TV seems to be getting worse and worse in the programs they are presenting.