Judge Alex: Syndicated Court Show Cancelled

Judge Alex canceledLong-running court show Judge Alex has been cancelled. The cancellation was confirmed by Stephen Brown, executive VP of programming and development for the Fox Television Stations.

“We would like to thank Alex Ferrer as well as executive producer Kathy Sapp and the entire staff for producing a strong daytime court program,” said Brown in a statement. “Alex’s extensive police, legal and judicial experience combined with his great sense of humor made for compelling daytime television for nearly 10 years.”

Judge Alex debuted on September 12, 2005 and features cases that are presided over by Judge Alex E. Ferrer, a former police officer, lawyer, and Florida judge.

The series is the lowest-rated of the five remaining court shows and will continue airing original episodes through August.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Ferrer said, “It was not my decision to end the show. I enjoyed doing the show and would keep doing it but, for many reasons, the company that produces the show wanted to move on. I am grateful that I was able to work with really amazing people like my EP Kathy Sapp and Associate EP’s Tera Roberson and James Glover; Directors Eddie October, Michael Dimitch and Art Bergel; Bailiffs Mason Burroughs & Victor Simon, my makeup, hair and wardrobe help that changed me from hideous to tolerable; incredible producers and associate producers who found great cases for me to try and so many others in our 100 person staff and crew who made the show a success. I’m also grateful to have so many great fans and friends, many of whom I got to meet; and I’m sure that I’ll still get to meet more of you at other events.”

He also hinted that he may return to television at some point in the future.

What do you think? Did you like Judge Alex? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

Johna Rossetto August 30, 2014 at 12:18 am

Dear judge alex:
I want you to know that I really like your show. I lived in Portland, Oregon and many of us like myself have seved on jury duty, and sometimes when we went to be call we have your show. We like the way to talk to the people and their problems. You have never talk down to them
I wish the best of luck in the future, and someday you will return to television.
Take care
Johna rossetto
ps. Someday I would like to me you in person.

jimw August 29, 2014 at 11:46 pm

judge Alex was the only other judge’s show i would watch besides judge Mathis . i really hate the other shows like this !!!! i hope he comes back on another channel !!!

sopha August 29, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I am appalled they canceled Judge Alex. Why, why,why? Please, for the love of bacon, bring him back. :(

T. Jones August 29, 2014 at 9:44 pm

I love Judge Alex and am sorry to see him go. He’s funny, stern, but fair. Can’t believe his ratings were low. I have my DVR set in case I miss his show.

Sorry, but I love Judge Judy. Just don’t come in her courtroom with any mess. She calls it like she sees it. Tell the truth and you have no problems.

Two different people, two different styles!

Love you, Judge Alex! So sorry to see you go. Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

Dena Rae August 29, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I Love judge Alex , they are sticking MASH in his time slot!,, ” “yuck” I’m so glad they canceled Judge Joe Brown, he was terrible! He seemed high all the time. But to cancel Judge Alex what a mistake!!!!!!!!

Anonymous August 29, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Are you serious! Mash! I’m boycotting all products from this station!

Becky Cinader August 28, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I Loved his show so sorry to see him go why don’t they keep him and get rid of one of thoses very dum shows!!!!Hope to see him back!!!

Cicely McElroy August 27, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I hate to see Judge Alex go. He was funny, but yet fair. I found his show to be very entertaining and realistic. And to add to the comment above about Judge Judy. That is the worst, disgusting, unrealistic court show ever. Now if anything needs to go, that miserable old lady needs too. Never have I seen a judge use their position to bully, intimidate, and belittle the anyone that appears before her. I would spend a few weeks in jail for knocking that condescending broad in the face for talking to me like she does. What a coward. I dare her to speak to someone like that on the street.
But enough of her, we will miss you Judge Alex

Chris August 26, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Judge Alex was a good judge, very likeable and very fair, but I honestly didn’t find him all that entertaining. He seemed a bit too much to me like a male version of Judge Marilyn Milian from “The People’s Court” (except that she, to me, is more entertaining). I’m still sorry to see his show get cancelled. I bet he’ll probably be back on one of those scripted Entertainment Studios shows a la “America’s Court” – they got Judge Karen and Cristina Perez, so Alex could be next. Those Entertainment Studios shows are the ones that REALLY need to be cancelled, as they are scripted and obviously fake (watch the end credits carefully or you’ll miss it).

BTW, I LOVE Judge Judy. And sorry haters, she’s not going anywhere.

Dena Rae August 29, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I Love Judge JUDY! She calls it how it is!! If people don’t want to hear the truth they shouldn’t agree to go on her show!!