Judge Alex: Syndicated Court Show Cancelled

Judge Alex canceledLong-running court show Judge Alex has been cancelled. The cancellation was confirmed by Stephen Brown, executive VP of programming and development for the Fox Television Stations.

“We would like to thank Alex Ferrer as well as executive producer Kathy Sapp and the entire staff for producing a strong daytime court program,” said Brown in a statement. “Alex’s extensive police, legal and judicial experience combined with his great sense of humor made for compelling daytime television for nearly 10 years.”

Judge Alex debuted on September 12, 2005 and features cases that are presided over by Judge Alex E. Ferrer, a former police officer, lawyer, and Florida judge.

The series is the lowest-rated of the five remaining court shows and will continue airing original episodes through August.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Ferrer said, “It was not my decision to end the show. I enjoyed doing the show and would keep doing it but, for many reasons, the company that produces the show wanted to move on. I am grateful that I was able to work with really amazing people like my EP Kathy Sapp and Associate EP’s Tera Roberson and James Glover; Directors Eddie October, Michael Dimitch and Art Bergel; Bailiffs Mason Burroughs & Victor Simon, my makeup, hair and wardrobe help that changed me from hideous to tolerable; incredible producers and associate producers who found great cases for me to try and so many others in our 100 person staff and crew who made the show a success. I’m also grateful to have so many great fans and friends, many of whom I got to meet; and I’m sure that I’ll still get to meet more of you at other events.”

He also hinted that he may return to television at some point in the future.

What do you think? Did you like Judge Alex? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

Stephanie October 24, 2014 at 10:55 am

I love Judge Alex and miss his show lots. He was wise, witty, full of humor and had a good spirit! I do hope another TV network will sign him on. Shocked to know his show was cancelled as I thought his courtroom show was excellent compared to others like that female Hispanic judge who was so crass! I don’t even remember her name as I stopped watching her show quite a while now. Please bring back Judge Alex!

Erv Hain October 24, 2014 at 12:42 pm

With the MULTIPLE comments made about Judge Alex being cancelled, is anyone in control of the action really listening?

Anne October 24, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Not sure anyone is listening to us. I have no idea what the corporate headquarters address might be or what we can do to organize a petition. Or who the sponsors were and if we can contact them. It is a good question though.

Phyllis Long October 23, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Miss the show. Enjoyed his pleasant way and humor. Hope they bring his show back.

Barbara Mize October 23, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Judge Alex was the best court show on TV. Humor, fairness, and many other qualities that makes me wonder why is was cancelled. There are so many bad court shows on tv and truly enjoyed this one. So sorry someone thought best to cancel it and hope another network picks it up.

Ann Reynolds October 23, 2014 at 10:04 am

Big mistake on the network’s decision! I couldn’t let a morning go by without seeing his show. Wish they would cancel Judge Judy, who is really bad and uncaring and give him back his show. I thought he was the best judge program that has been on TV. Bring him back!!!

Barbara Mize October 23, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Well said Ann. Judge Judy is horrible. Hateful, boring, and cannot understand why anyone watches her show.

BECKY TARKINGTON October 24, 2014 at 1:17 am

JUDGE KAREN IS WORST JUDGE SHOW ON TV. SHE BELITTLES ALLL THE WAY THRU HER COURT SHOWS. I REMEMBER ONE SPECIALLY BAD. A GUY CAME IN HAD TROUBLE WITH EMPLOYEES TAKING A PIC OF HIS “JUNK” AND MADE A NAME CALLING HIM ITTY BITTY. HE WAS MORTIFIED AND HURT GIRL FRIEND LEFT HIM AS I GUESS SHE WAS EMBARRASSED TO BE WITH HIM. JUDGE KAREN WENT THRU THE WHOLE CASE REFERRING TO HIM ITTY BITTY YOU KNOW UR ITTY BITTY. ITTY BITTY THIS AND THAT. THEN RULED AGAINST HIM. HORRIBLE. SHE HAS NO FINESSE AND THEN JUDGE JUDY MOST TIMES USES FINESSE BUT IS MEAN AND HURTFUL ESECIALLY IF YOUR ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND WILL NOT AWARD YOUR MONEY BACK BECAUSE OF IT.

Anne October 24, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I don’t recall that case with Judge Karen but that is a fake show. Whenever the shows are scripted and actors are the litigants, I don’t take them seriously. But Judge Judy is a real arbitration court that makes real judgments and I don’t remember any cases in regard to social security. She is hard on healthy people who are working the system and getting welfare (some kind of public assistance using tax dollars). She is really tough on people who have “unclean hands” and come into court with a clam against another person when they are both cheating the system to make money. Judge Alex was a real show also and his cases had real litigants. He has had a fine career in both law enforcement an as a judge.