Judge Alex: Syndicated Court Show Cancelled

Judge Alex canceledLong-running court show Judge Alex has been cancelled. The cancellation was confirmed by Stephen Brown, executive VP of programming and development for the Fox Television Stations.

“We would like to thank Alex Ferrer as well as executive producer Kathy Sapp and the entire staff for producing a strong daytime court program,” said Brown in a statement. “Alex’s extensive police, legal and judicial experience combined with his great sense of humor made for compelling daytime television for nearly 10 years.”

Judge Alex debuted on September 12, 2005 and features cases that are presided over by Judge Alex E. Ferrer, a former police officer, lawyer, and Florida judge.

The series is the lowest-rated of the five remaining court shows and will continue airing original episodes through August.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Ferrer said, “It was not my decision to end the show. I enjoyed doing the show and would keep doing it but, for many reasons, the company that produces the show wanted to move on. I am grateful that I was able to work with really amazing people like my EP Kathy Sapp and Associate EP’s Tera Roberson and James Glover; Directors Eddie October, Michael Dimitch and Art Bergel; Bailiffs Mason Burroughs & Victor Simon, my makeup, hair and wardrobe help that changed me from hideous to tolerable; incredible producers and associate producers who found great cases for me to try and so many others in our 100 person staff and crew who made the show a success. I’m also grateful to have so many great fans and friends, many of whom I got to meet; and I’m sure that I’ll still get to meet more of you at other events.”

He also hinted that he may return to television at some point in the future.

What do you think? Did you like Judge Alex? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

Ann Mayberry April 1, 2015 at 2:46 pm

When I turned on the TV and Judge Alex had been removed, I was and am still highly irritated.
I do not watch those boring judges except People’s Court and Judge Matthews.
max seems to have a dislike for cops

Patti Cook April 1, 2015 at 12:03 pm

I am very disappointed that they canceled this show. Judge Alex was one of my favorite shows. I sincerely hope he gets another show!

KaSandra Wright April 1, 2015 at 11:48 am

I miss Judge Alex

cobie simonis from canada April 1, 2015 at 10:53 am

I LIKE THE THANK THE JUDGE VERY MUCH I MISS THIS SHOW I HOPE THE JUDGE WIFE IS OKE THANK YOU COBIE FROM HARROW ONT CANADA

Luisa March 31, 2015 at 5:37 pm

I’m Disappointed and UPSET, You took away my favorite Judge and person, there is no other like Judge Alex Ferrer, Bring him back and I will forgive you that cancelled the show!!
:\

Anonymous March 31, 2015 at 2:25 am

I MISS JUDGE ALEX!!!!!!

Fred March 30, 2015 at 1:35 pm

It’s a shame that the better quality shows … ones that require some level of intelligence to appreciate … are the ones that seem to get cancelled. I really miss this one. It was the BEST judge show! TV is about 90% inane nonsense at this point.

Patricia March 28, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I am sorry to hear that Judge Alex’s show has been cancelled. I thought he exhibited the most appropriate judicial temperment of all the shows of this type. Judge Judy is much too short tempered, combative, and demeaning to those people appearing before her. Judge Alex had a balanced mix of empathy, humor, intellect, and legal expertise that was entertaining, refreshing, and informative. I hope he returns to TV soon.
Sincerely,
A committed fan.

Bobbie G. March 29, 2015 at 7:28 pm

How many more comments are required before Judge Alex comes back? Take OFF some of the ‘fake’ judge shows and let us have a Real, Believable One once again!

Stella March 25, 2015 at 2:01 pm

i will miss Judge Alex. i find him handsome and funny. a good show. too bad.

Randy March 24, 2015 at 6:05 pm

I loved watching Judge Alex. It I so obvious when people sitting as judges on TV have actually served as judges. Judge Alex had clearly served as a judge because e controlled his courtroom, knew the law, and still was entertaining. My family misses him. I hope he was not replaced with some of these dim-wit judge shows that have popped up since September 2014.

mary March 24, 2015 at 4:30 pm

I loved Judge Alex show. it was more believable and fair.

Joy Perry March 23, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Yes I will miss judge alex
I enjoyed his fairness and humor
I am hoping he does at some point come back to TV

Kathy March 16, 2015 at 1:15 pm

I like Judge Alex, he is wise and has a great sense of humor, and he is down-to-earth.
I sort of had a crush on the guy because of it <3

Judge Judy was a lawyer too, and her show is going on just fine.

It's all about the drama, that why his ratings were low, while other judge shows had high ratings. But I loved his show.

Doris Cannon March 12, 2015 at 3:29 am

Judge Alex was my favorite by far. Why is it that shows of true quality get cancelled?
TV needs some head honchos who are not also bone-heads!
I will be watching closely for the return of Judge Alex on some network that has some wisdom in high places.

Max March 13, 2015 at 11:40 am

Dude you need your freaking head examined! Who gives a **** if it was your favorite show? If nobody watching it why keep it on? They ain’t making any real profit. Everything doesn’t revolve around you idiot! Everything you pretty much see on TV is fake & scripted including this trash show. This show had no quality. Why you say? cause the judge was an ex cop & lawyer? Lol. He ain’t coming back!

Pauli B March 29, 2015 at 7:41 pm

wow Max….why are you so angry? If you didn’t like Judge Alex…don’t watch it…pretty simple … I LOVED it! He is a hoot…unlike the other idiots that won’t let anyone talk except themselves….so lighten up Max…let people have their own opinions geez…

Anne March 29, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Couldn’t agree more. ^0^ I figured Max was having a bad day and needed to vent.
The rest of us who enjoyed Judge Alex and deplore the cancellation of the show are
doing our own venting as we express our frustration for losing a high quality real judge show.

Anonymous March 30, 2015 at 12:03 pm

you are probably right Anne…guess everyone’s entitled to a bad day….I HOPE that’s what it is & not the fact that he’s like this all day everyday… :)