Judge Alex: Syndicated Court Show Cancelled

Judge Alex canceledLong-running court show Judge Alex has been cancelled. The cancellation was confirmed by Stephen Brown, executive VP of programming and development for the Fox Television Stations.

“We would like to thank Alex Ferrer as well as executive producer Kathy Sapp and the entire staff for producing a strong daytime court program,” said Brown in a statement. “Alex’s extensive police, legal and judicial experience combined with his great sense of humor made for compelling daytime television for nearly 10 years.”

Judge Alex debuted on September 12, 2005 and features cases that are presided over by Judge Alex E. Ferrer, a former police officer, lawyer, and Florida judge.

The series is the lowest-rated of the five remaining court shows and will continue airing original episodes through August.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Ferrer said, “It was not my decision to end the show. I enjoyed doing the show and would keep doing it but, for many reasons, the company that produces the show wanted to move on. I am grateful that I was able to work with really amazing people like my EP Kathy Sapp and Associate EP’s Tera Roberson and James Glover; Directors Eddie October, Michael Dimitch and Art Bergel; Bailiffs Mason Burroughs & Victor Simon, my makeup, hair and wardrobe help that changed me from hideous to tolerable; incredible producers and associate producers who found great cases for me to try and so many others in our 100 person staff and crew who made the show a success. I’m also grateful to have so many great fans and friends, many of whom I got to meet; and I’m sure that I’ll still get to meet more of you at other events.”

He also hinted that he may return to television at some point in the future.

What do you think? Did you like Judge Alex? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

Judy Moore October 22, 2014 at 12:09 am

He was the best and fair and just Judge on T.V. I do not watch your channel anymore I just can’t believe you took him off the air.

Judy Moore October 22, 2014 at 12:31 am

I am just sorry Judge Alex was cancelled He was my favorite show on television

BECKY October 21, 2014 at 11:19 pm

OMG POOR JUDGE ALEX HE WAS GREAT. IF A COURT SHOW SHOULD BE CANCELED IT SHOULD OF BEEN JUDGE KAREN SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO RUDE AND I LOVED JUDGE ALEX’S BAILIFF. BOTH WILL BE MISSED AND I HOPE I GET CONFIRMATION THAT THEY REVIVED JUDGE ALEX AND AXED JUDGE KAREN. SHE TRIES TOO HARD TO BE A BAD A** LIKE JUDGE JUDY BUT SHE FAILS AND LOOKS STUPID. I GET FRUSTRATED WITH JUDGE JUDY BUT AT LEAST SHE USES A LITTLE FINESSE WHILE BEING A BIT**. HEY JUDGE ALEX HANG IN THERE.

Carol Howard October 21, 2014 at 9:17 pm

It was the only court show that I taped so I would never miss it. Not only was it educational but didn’t seem as fake as some of the other court shows. Plus he was easy to look at.

Lynnea Sparks October 21, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed Judge Alex and his courtroom show. I even watched all his reruns thinking he and his crew were on a much needed vacation. When the time went on and no new segments transpired I began to wonder what was going on. Then not long ago I tuned in at his designated time and found his show had been replaced by “Paternity Court” I was amazed and disappointed. Since then I do not watch and will not watch.

DAVID A. BARLETT October 21, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I WAS IN CANADA FOR FOUR WEEKS. WHEN I GOT BACK I WENT TO WATCH MY FAVORITE JUDGE SHOW AND COULD NOT FIND IT. THEN I FIND OUT IT’S BEEN CANCELLED. VERY DISAPPOINTING. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT WAS THE LOWEST RATED OUT OF FIVE JUDGE SHOWS. JUDGE ALEX WAS A GREAT SHOW. HOPEFULLY IT GETS BACK ON THE AIR.

Margaret Woolland October 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I watched Judge Alex everyday &am sure going to miss it.

Julie Sheppars October 21, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Very disappointed Judge Alex was cancelled I enjoyed the show a lot . He was respectable and a gentleman I recorded his show when I was away. As a side note I am old but I thought he was hot and liked when he talked about his family lovingly

Erika Burns October 20, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I’m very sad to see the show has been cancelled. Judge Alex is very entertaining and very likable.

Sallie October 20, 2014 at 6:45 pm

I am so sad judge Alex has been cancelled. He always gave decisions based on the law and told people the why of the law. There was no monkey business on his show and he ejected people who were not respectful in his courtroom I will miss his show

L.T. Healey October 20, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I cannot believe that this show, Judge Alex, was cancelled. Have you seen what you are replacing this show with??? I am not sure who thinks that will help your ratings, I and so sick of Peoples court, Judge Ross and the new show “Hot Bench” is really a joke. The all try to act like their producer Judge Judy. BIG mistake Fox. However, mistakes seem to be your pattern and I will no longer watching your network.

Anne October 20, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Judge Ross is a fake show with a real judge produced by Bryan Allen who seems to make all of the fake shows. Judge Ross is not produced by Judge Judy. She is the producer behind Hot Bench and one of the three judges on Hot Bench is a judge from New York who quit the bench recently to take a role with this new television court show.

The two other judges on Hot Bench are from Los Angeles. Hot Bench does have real cases, and real verdicts so I am still giving it a chance. They don’t mess around or stretch out the cases as Judge Judy or Judge Milian do sometimes. However, I enjoy both of them because they control their courtroom.

I was also a fan of the Judge Alex show. I am less of a fan concerning Judge Mathis even though he is a real judge with real cases and real verdicts but he allows too much drama from the litigants for my taste. I enjoy the legal format of the courtroom if it is a reality show.

I like to some extent all of the real judge shows where actual arbitration is being done. I like People’s Court which started the genre many years ago and Judge Milian is okay by me. Even though so many people do get annoyed with Judge Judy’s cranky style, she still has more listeners than any other show. I like her because she puts litigants in their place and is a no-nonsense judge. The litigants don’t glare at each other or scream at each other as they often do in the fake shows.

Renee' Clayton October 19, 2014 at 11:55 pm

I’m so disappointed his show was cancelled. He was excellent at what he did. I learned alot from his TV Show, because he explained the law & why he was ruling the way he did in each case. He also gave some good advise for healing relationships brought on by the court cases. I also loved that he would tell the folks when they were doing wrong, by cheating the taxpayers etc with their lies & scams.