Judge Alex: Syndicated Court Show Cancelled

Judge Alex canceledLong-running court show Judge Alex has been cancelled. The cancellation was confirmed by Stephen Brown, executive VP of programming and development for the Fox Television Stations.

“We would like to thank Alex Ferrer as well as executive producer Kathy Sapp and the entire staff for producing a strong daytime court program,” said Brown in a statement. “Alex’s extensive police, legal and judicial experience combined with his great sense of humor made for compelling daytime television for nearly 10 years.”

Judge Alex debuted on September 12, 2005 and features cases that are presided over by Judge Alex E. Ferrer, a former police officer, lawyer, and Florida judge.

The series is the lowest-rated of the five remaining court shows and will continue airing original episodes through August.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Ferrer said, “It was not my decision to end the show. I enjoyed doing the show and would keep doing it but, for many reasons, the company that produces the show wanted to move on. I am grateful that I was able to work with really amazing people like my EP Kathy Sapp and Associate EP’s Tera Roberson and James Glover; Directors Eddie October, Michael Dimitch and Art Bergel; Bailiffs Mason Burroughs & Victor Simon, my makeup, hair and wardrobe help that changed me from hideous to tolerable; incredible producers and associate producers who found great cases for me to try and so many others in our 100 person staff and crew who made the show a success. I’m also grateful to have so many great fans and friends, many of whom I got to meet; and I’m sure that I’ll still get to meet more of you at other events.”

He also hinted that he may return to television at some point in the future.

What do you think? Did you like Judge Alex? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

Donna Marie April 14, 2015 at 1:13 pm

This was my favorite court show. I wondered why I stopped getting recordings. I love him and his court officer.

Wanda Worthington April 12, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Judge Alex was my favorite judge show on TV. He was the most down-to-earth judge of them all. I loved the way he brought his deputies into the show. He didn’t seem to have the ego that some of them have and he really knows his law. He is the all-=around the best of them all and I really miss him. I hope he does come back. They cancel him and bring on such t shows likee Paternity Court. Who need that when TV has Moury Povich -

Angela Styles April 9, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard Judge Alex was being cancelled!
For some reason the program we enjoyed the most was canceled. Hoping to see the Judge and his side kick return to television SOON. Missing the show, Angie and family….

Terri K April 9, 2015 at 6:03 pm

I agree. he was very good and he was a no nonsense judge and yet had a sense of humor about it. i sure hope they would take off some of the talk shows and put judge alex back on! he was more interesting to watch

SYV April 9, 2015 at 12:54 pm

I can’t believe the show was cancelled in the first place. Truly the best one of the bunch. Never rude or ridiculously angry. Alex is the way you hope a judge would act when you appear in front of him. Awesome sense of humor too. About time he comes back.

Terri K April 7, 2015 at 10:27 pm

I really hope that they bring judge alex and judge joe brown back.
They both were terrific and i learned so much from them.

They are by the book judges and have a sense of humor about it as well.

PLEASE BRING THEM BACK!!!!!

at least they don’t have nasty attitudes

paulib April 6, 2015 at 6:03 pm

so is the judge coming back in August? I cannot find ANYTHING saying he is…
makes no sense why they would cancel the best show on tv…even my husband loved watching him & he doesn’t even like those type of shows!
please o please bring him back….he’s sooooo nice to look at! yummy…

Terri K April 7, 2015 at 10:28 pm

i agree, he is surely a HUNK

J waller April 6, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Loved Judge Alex! Great personality and very easy to look at.. Much better show than Judge Judy who is So rude and yells too much and too loud! Love you Judge Alex. Hope your back on soon.

pauli April 6, 2015 at 5:59 pm

is judge alex coming back in august? someone posted a comment saying he is but I cannot find anything saying he is…that would be SO AWESOME if he does….I miss starring at him … he’s so frickin handsome!! yummy…

Ethan April 5, 2015 at 8:42 am

I’m really sorry that your show got cancelled and I think you were good with those people and I’m glad you are returning August to TV.

Bobbie G. April 5, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Is He Really coming back to TV in August? Where and What time? This is really GREAT news.

Anne April 5, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Oh, where did you hear that the Judge Alex Show will return to TV in August? That would be great.

Mary April 3, 2015 at 5:00 am

Bring him back on, he was better than most that are on now ! I really enjoyed him !

Anonymous April 6, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Loved. His show, dislike judge Faith!!!!

Eliana Estevao April 3, 2015 at 3:19 am

Judge Alex’s court was one of my favorits I am wating his returning as soon is possible. A brazilian who loves the court of law.My name Eliana Estevao.