King & Maxwell

king and maxwell: canceled or renewed?Network: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 10, 2013 — August 12, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jon Tenney, Rebecca Romijn, Michael O’Keefe, Chris Butler, and Ryan Hurst.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the best-selling books by author David Baldacci.

Sean King (Jon Tenney) and Michelle Maxwell (Rebecca Romijn) are unusual private investigators. Both of them used to be Secret Service agents, and their unique skills (not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry) give them a leg up on conventional law enforcement.

Maxwell is a former elite athlete who uses her brains, beauty and Beltway connections to solve cases. King’s career in the Secret Service ended when the presidential candidate he was assigned to protect was assassinated, sending him on a downward spiral.

Now, King has added a law degree to his arsenal of skills, allowing him to navigate the system in ways that a typical private investigator never could. Along the way, King and Maxwell clash over just about everything — from her garbage-strewn car to his love of wine over beer.

FBI Special Agents Rigby (Michael O’Keefe) and Carter (Chris Butler) frequently clash with King and Maxwell over their less-than-legal methods. Rigby is a veteran FBI agent with many years on the force and he always follows the rules, sticks to the facts and questions anyone who stands between him and the truth.

Carter is Agent Rigby’s junior partner and will likely go far in the agency. He works with whoever can help solve a case -– either standard law-enforcement organizations, like the police, or unconventional resources, like private investigators.

Helping the King and Maxwell team is Edgar Roy (Ryan Hurst). He joined their team after Sean King served as his lawyer during his highly publicized criminal case. Edgar is a high-functioning autistic savant who specializes in patterns and numerical sequences. He has certain work-space requirements, like sitting at a “friendly” desk and enjoying soup for lunch on Mondays.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — Pandora’s Box
Sean’s investigation of the Ritter assassination threatens to end his partnership with Michelle as she considers returning to the Secret Service. The shocking truth sends Sean back to the scene of the crime to prevent history from repeating itself.
First aired: August 12, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the King & Maxwell TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

anne April 13, 2014 at 9:37 pm

This show should not have been cancelled!

Vonnie April 12, 2014 at 10:32 pm

You would think that so many people upset over cancellation they would bring back but I guess normal people don’t count would rather have reality shows where someone has to go on TV to find someone to marry or have 19 kids plus and don’t forget the kardasian which not sure what they contribute to society. What happen to just sitting down and watching a nice television show that didn’t have to have your kids out of the room

Judi D April 12, 2014 at 8:06 pm

this was actually a really good show……. i can’t believe they could not see how many directions it could have taken. I loved this show and was hoping it’d get picked up again…… sadly the network is brain dead I guess.

janet April 12, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Really loved that show! The chemistry between Miss Romijn and Mr Tenney was believable and solid. I have read all the books and thought that keeping the Edgar Roy character was a good idea. The writing was sharp and the stories interesting. Somebody please pick this series up – don’t let it stay in ”cancelled land”

David Smith April 12, 2014 at 1:23 am

I really enjoyed the show. I was just looking to see when the show was coming back on and found this article. I am bummed because I thought it was a great show.

C Wright April 7, 2014 at 4:15 am

I absolutely love this show. This is one of my favorites. Someone needs to pick this show up. I have season 1 taped and let my husband watch them. He is very picky with tv and said this is one of the best shows he’s seen in a long time. This show could of went on for years. Please bring it back!!!!!!!

J Turk April 4, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Really upset… I loved the show….sad programming by TNT maybe some network with brains will pick up….

Harriet Denesewich March 31, 2014 at 3:28 pm

It was a GREAT show they should have renewed it I Loved the show.

Nancy banks March 31, 2014 at 12:23 am

I loved it. Sorry it was cancelled.

Bigpackrat March 30, 2014 at 8:07 pm

With the loss of Leverage with that great ensamble cast ), Burn Notice which I will admit was beginning to run alittle thin in the story line department, and Psych which could still make me laugh, to have a new show with immediate chemestry and a group of seriously flawed folks coming together presenting good stories allowing me to go someplace other than reality (ugh) shows. I was really beginning to enjoy King & Maxwell and I really thought Edger Roy was a great character and would have had a wealth of plot twists around him. I don’t know where these network Gurus have their heads located but I bet it is dark and smelly there…a lot like those reality shows they keep promoting. The problem might be, to borrow a famous line, “you can’t fix stupid”!

Whitelily March 30, 2014 at 10:46 pm

I totally agree with Bigpackrat. King and Maxwell had all the right ingredients for a wonderful show that I believe would have lasted for years. I loved the little comic bits like when Rebecca Romijn’s character let her real-life husband’s character frisk her and he REALLY frisked her with a lecherous smirk on his face and she looked disgusted. That was TV gold. TNT must have been asleep at the wheel to cancel such a gem of a show. I guess I will buy the books by David Baldacci. But I will certainly miss seeing the characters come to life on TV

Capriece March 25, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I am soooooo disappointed, along with my mother and others we had watching this wonderful show, that it has been cancelled. Someone else needs to pick this show up and I hope it does great things in the future!! Too bad you at TNT can’t see how great this show will be.

J.M.Ennis March 24, 2014 at 6:45 pm

I loved the show and TNT needs to bring it back or someone else needs to pick it up. Europe is having a premere and hope it does great and show up the jackass here in the states for canceling it.

Britney simmers March 20, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Loved this show. Loved the chemistry, the main characters, and the story line.
So few worth watching. Was looking forward to season two. Frustrated it didn’t get renewed, wish the network would consider bringing it back!

Deborah Grice March 18, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I really like King and Maxwell and believe it should have been renewed. I do not watch much tv because most of the shows are crap. There are to many reality shows and hey are absolutely stupid. There are way to many dance and music contests as well and I am not interested in them.

ybourke March 18, 2014 at 1:16 am

One of my favorite shows. I’m crushed.