King & Maxwell: Cancelled by TNT, No Season Two

king and maxwell canceled by TNT Deadline reports that TNT has decided to cancel King & Maxwell after one season. The 10th and final episode aired on August 12th.

The show revolves around a pair of Secret Service agents (Jon Tenney and Rebecca Romijn) who opened their own detective agency after they were fired. Michael O’Keefe, Chris Butler, and Ryan Hurst round out the cast.

King & Maxwell remained fairly consistent during its 10 episode run and averaged 3.11 million viewers. The premiere attracted 3.52 million viewers and the finale drew 3.50 million.

While it wasn’t as big a hit as Rizzoli & Isles (5.7 million) and Major Crimes (4.9 million), it wasn’t that far behind Perception (3.5 million).

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season for King & Maxwell? How do you think it compares to the other TNT dramas?

Jacob September 13, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Glad it’s gone!

Amy September 6, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Please bring the show back!! Miss it!

Joan Murphins August 12, 2014 at 11:20 am

I really enjoyed that show and thought the cast was amazing. So sorry to see it go.

wanda Stevens August 5, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Great cast good show. Why cancel hate all reality show

Judy August 4, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Please renew! Love the characters and actors. Well cast.

R July 28, 2014 at 9:43 pm

They should bring this show back. It had really good characters and story lines that were in relation to the books that these characters were based on.
I guess I will have to get my King and Maxwell fix from they books by David Baldacci.

Jana July 22, 2014 at 3:02 am

I really liked King & Maxwell. I hadn’t heard or seen anything about it’s second season start date so checked to find it had been cancelled. :( I liked the idea behind the show, the characters and actors, their relationships and the way they were developing. I think it should have been given at least a chance to see if they would pick up in the ratings. I think the show would have done better when more people became familiar with it and realized how good it was.

Sylvia July 16, 2014 at 12:06 pm

It is disappointing to hear that King & Maxwell have been canceled. The storyline was good and entertaining. The actors were very good. Why don’t the networks give these shows a chance instead of serving up more unreal reality shows???
How can we get them to bring it back?

Tracey June 27, 2014 at 2:03 pm

I was wondering when the show would start for the summer. It was sooo good and I love reading his books. Why do all the good shows get cancelled? I’m so sick of reality shows!!!

Lambert June 20, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Amazing show!!! I love this show as well as Major Crimes and Perception. You guys always do this, you always cancel the good shows. Why? Why!

Ford June 17, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Human Target, Harry’s Law, Glades, King and Maxwell, … and how many more entertaining shows are cancelled while valueless reality shows keep coming. It’s time to go back to reading until the networks wise up. Anything by David Baldacci should never be cancelled and after one season…that is ridiculous.

Chuck June 8, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Geat show . I should have never been canceled. It was a storyine that would build with time.
Another good one down the drain

Chuck June 8, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Grest show . I should have never been canceled. It was a storyine that would build with time.
Another good one down the drain