Lie to Me: Watch The Shield Cast Reunion Episode

Lie to MeLast night, several members of the cast of The Shield reunited on a special episode of FOX’s Lie to Me. Those taking part are Benito Martinez, Catherine Dent, David Marciano, David Rees Snell, Cathy Cahlin Ryan, and Kenny Johnson.

The Shield was created by Shawn Ryan, one of the current executive producers of the Lie to Me FOX drama. He’s also the husband of Cathy Cahlin Ryan.

Of the reunion episode, Ryan said, “It’s just a fun alternate universe with all these people you’re accustomed to seeing in a certain environment… It was different, but I think everyone was just really happy to see one another again. I think it meant more on a personal level even than a professional level. We had a very tight-knit group on that show, so to be able to reunite… was very nice.”

In case you missed the “Pied Piper” episode, you can watch it below.

What do you think? Is it good to see the actors reunited? Does it make you miss The Shield all the more?

Canceled and renewed TV show

8 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Allie says

Please don’t cancel Lie to Me!!! Tim Roth is amazing and the show is just great! I think if the plot thickened and was developed a little more then it could last a lot longer. Even if I don’t watch it while it’s on Monday nights, I still watch it on Hulu.

2. ManWithSword says

Huge fan of Lie to Me and The Shield, so this was amazing to watch. Awesome :) I’d love to see a spin off series set in The Shield universe, with the as many of the original cast reunited, seeing them all having moved onward and upward. There was a hint that Sons of Anarchy was set in the same universe as The Shield, through the reference to the gang The One-Niners, but now that Kenny Johnson is to be a season regular (hopefully a full time member of the gang), it can’t be the same universe. In the last ten years or so, television has become superior to the cinema when it comes to telling a good story. It used to be that the tv version of something was the poor cousin of the cinema version. Now, you see things like Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, Rescue Me, Spartacus, Dexter…the acting, story, visual beauty, direction, are far superior to the most of what gets thrown up onto the cinema screen.

3. ;-Dolla says

Julie, Kenny Johnson will be doing several episodes on Sons of Anarchy. He is a great actor and a fine friend. Kenny is on Facebook.

Loved Kenny in this episode. Great job GBro.

;-Dolla

4. Julie says

It would’ve been nice to see Vic, Dutch & Shane. Walton Goggins was wonderful in Justified, but he is SO GOOD in everything. Give him and Kenny Johnson their own show! :-)

5. Julie says

I was SO excited to see cast members from The Shield on Lie to Me. Great episode! I miss The Shield, especially Kenny Johnson. He was also wonderful on Saving Grace. I wish he was a regular on Lie to Me or any other great show. Thank you Shawn Ryan!

6. teutonica says

Great, someone actually noticed! It took me some time until it clicked and I made the connection; as more and more familiar faces appeared I started waiting which ex-Shielder would pop by next! Sadly, Dutch and Vic were a no-show … still, loved it. Curious as to whether the casting was intentional.