Magic City: Season Three Decision Coming Soon

magic city season three?Chris Albrecht, the CEO of Starz, says the cable channel hasn’t made a decision about the fate of Magic City yet.

At the TCA Summer Press Tour, he said, “Our policy process is one or two seasons of a show to really get behind something if we like the work… We have a couple of little surprises in our pocket in store, so I can’t reveal too much other than you’ll have the answer to your question soon.”

Magic City hasn’t grown it’s small audience in season two and has been performing the same as season one, drawing 430,000 viewers for each episode’s initial airing. That’s less than half of what the Spartacus series drew (1.0 million) and only a bit better than Boss (360,000) which was cancelled after two seasons.

It’s difficult to judge what Starz will do but it’s hard to imagine that they see Magic City’s small viewership as a success.

We also know that they have four new shows in the pipeline and have already renewed one of them — Black Sails — for a second season some six months before the show’s debut.

I suspect that they may cancel Magic City and hope that their new shows will perform as well or better.

UPDATE: Starz has cancelled Magic City after two seasons.

What do you think? Should Starz renew Magic City for a third season? Is the show worth watching?

Cheryl December 16, 2014 at 11:31 pm

My daughter and I have been waiting for the third season to start and us found out it has been cancelled!!! I enjoyed watching Magic city because I modeled at the Fountain Bleu among other hotels during that era. I was also born in Miami and loved reliving memories. PLEASE, PLEASE, renew this wonderful series

Mary Erskine December 17, 2014 at 10:20 am

Why not give Magic City another try because there is nothing on this channel that is very good to watch. The last show left me wondering what was next but I did not expect a cancellation.

amelia October 20, 2014 at 11:08 pm

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!! I was obsessed with it and was heart broken when the series was cancelled. Best series STARZ ever created

Steve M October 3, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Very disappointed in the decision to cancel this show. What a great cast and the story line is excellent. Bring this back and it will be one of the best business decisions you could make.

Laura September 21, 2014 at 5:03 pm

So very disappointed it was canceled! Great show, bring it to HBO!!!!

Shirley Powell September 1, 2014 at 1:54 am

We love the different unique old feel of Magic City! Different and awesome story lines, very enjoyable!!!!!

Doris August 29, 2014 at 9:37 pm

PLEASE , PLEASE, PLEASE renew Magic City for a third season!!!!!

F Larson August 23, 2014 at 1:50 am

We just got cable down here and I watched both season 1 and 2 and was hoping for another season at least. I liked the show and the actors seemed to be getting more interesting as the show progressed. Not happy you canceled the show.

Doug August 20, 2014 at 12:12 am

Magic City and Boss were great shows. On another network they both would have had plenty of viewers!!

Joyce August 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm

This is a good serial if start cancels I will cancel start they get you interested and looking forward to watching a show then they cancel. I will look forward to watching more stable networks that don’t cancel so easily. HBO. NBC, CBS last two don’t cost more on your cable bill and Netflix has great movie and on demand all cost less you only pay on demand as you watch not like start paying when you don’t watch it find a show worth having start and just when your involved they cancel but you keep paying

marie delnicki August 15, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I am RELUCTANT to watch any series on STARZ if you pull shows rather easily. Bring it back!!!!please.

Chuck August 9, 2014 at 9:58 am

Yes, this is a great show, good plot, a little sex, a little violence, family problems, and some crime

marie July 26, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Great show…interesting characters, cool story lines, cast interaction so right. Bring it back….please.

carli July 22, 2014 at 1:53 am

great characters, storylines. awesome automobiles. i even searched web to find the pool float! please save this diamond in the rough!