Moonlight: Writers Preparing for Season Two of CBS Vampire Drama

MoonlightCBS has yet to renew the Friday night vampire series but that’s not stopping Moonlight executive producer Joel Silver and the show’s writers. They’re already plotting Moonlight’s second season.

While promoting the upcoming Speed Racer film, Silver talked about Moonlight’s prospects for a second year on CBS. He said, “We’re hopeful… I mean, the next episode goes on next Friday night [April 25th], which is a really great episode. It starts out, Mick [Alex O’Loughlin] is still human, but then he has to go back to being a vampire. And I have three more really strong episodes. And I hope that it does come back, because we have a whole plan for next year that’s fantastic.”

The network has been on the fence about renewing Moonlight though it seems like the chances are good. Silver says that he’s scheduled to meet with CBS programming executives to talk about the show’s future. “Well, we’re going to go in, as a matter of fact, next week for a pitch meeting to tell them what we’re going to do next year.”

Based on what the programmers hear and the performance of the new episodes, they’ll decide whether Mick St. John will return to walk the streets of Los Angeles next fall. CBS announces its 2008-09 schedule in mid-May. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

192 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Terri Williams says

I just saw the first episode of Moonlight last night on CW, and thought it was a new show! Moonlight should definitely come back on, they should at least try a new season. It is a great show! BRING IT BACK! Please…

2. says

CW-TV has picked up the second season new show to air every Thursday season premire has been released as of june 3 2010

3. Chelsea says

OMG please bring back this show!!!!!!! I need a new season to obsess about, please please please. I need that show, NEED!

4. DENISE says

BRING BACK MOONLIGHT IT IS MY FAVORITE SHOW EVEN NOW AFTER 2 YEARS OFF BRING IT BACK FOR ANOTHER 2 OR 3 YEARS

5. AnnT says

I loved Moonlight. Even after it won the People’s Choice award, CBS still canceled it. The acting was good, the characters were interesting and I love some of the storylines. While I love the Vampire Diaries too, there’s room for both shows IMHO. I sincerely hope it is given a chance, because I think if given the opportunity for people to actually see the show, it would be a hit. I know Alex is suppose to do Hawaii Five O, but I’d stick with this one if I were him (and assuming he’s given that choice).

6. Ranette says

Moonlight is the best vampire series and i hope they bring it back pretty please, please, please

7. Billi says

Please bring moonlight back I really enjoyed the episodes Im never one to sit and series but moonlight really drew my attention pretty please bring it back!!!!

8. andy says

i dont understand how could they not make a season two. This is one of the best shows i have seen in a while

9. Jaimee Cabrera says

I LOVE Moonlight and so does my little brother. I really hope that CBS takes it on because the show is just absolutely amazing. It’s way better than that stupid Vampire Diaries. Moonlight is original and is nothing like the Twilight saga [which I do love]. Moonlight is not just about romance, it also has a little bit of CSI which makes it unique.
    Jaimee Cabrera