Nikita: CW’s New Action Series; Cancel or Keep It?

NikitaLast night, The CW debuted their second (and final) new series of the Fall 2010 season. The previous evening’s debut of Hellcats did okay. How does Nikita stack up?

Nikita revolves around a young woman (Maggie Q) who was inducted into a secret government agency at a young age and trained to becoming a cold assassin. She manages to hold onto her humanity and is now hell-bent on stopping them. The new TV show also stars Aaron Stanford, Ashton Holmes, Lyndsy Fonseca, Melinda Clarke, Shane West, Tiffany Hines, and Xander Berkeley.

Airing out of the second season premiere of The Vampire Diaries, the first episode of Nikita attracted a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 3.4 million viewers. It averaged a few more total viewers than the lead-in but didn’t do as well in the demo. Nikita was in fourth place in total viewers but, more importantly, was in second place for the demo.

Should Nikita continue on The CW?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Essentially, Nikita got a decent sampling. But, as in the case of Hellcats, the real test will be to see if the series can hold onto its audience once the other networks start airing their new programming in two weeks.

Thursday night is very competitive and Nikita will be duking it out with Grey’s Anatomy, CSI, The Office/Outsourced, and Fringe. With the exception of NBC’s Outsourced, they’re all established and popular shows.

But, what do you think? Did you tune in to watch Nikita? Do you think it’ll survive or end up cancelled?

Alena July 16, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I’m beyond in love with this show…. I’m always so excited to watch it… It always keeps me on my toes to see what is going to happen next…. All the actors in this show are always so convincing and don’t see like a low buget tv show…. I hope that this show keeps going on…. I LOVE NIKITA! :)

Julia April 1, 2012 at 12:35 am

I don’t watch TV at all really, but I will kick everyone off it to watch Nikita. This show is amazing and seriously under-rated. When I heard the rumors that CW were going to cancel/still might cancel it, I chocked on my oxygen – that’s crazy! WE want a season 3! Nikita all the way!

Paul NorthernCal May 30, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I enjoy this series. I think the actors are developing the characters, they’re just getting started. We’re seeing a tenderness to Michael and Nikita, lately, not seen earlier.

On the other hand, Alex is getting tougher.

I enjoy the plot twists. I was shocked when Alex shot Niki and when computer nerd released Michael from his shackle. Amanda’s private conversation with Alex, before she “killed” her also revealed new info about Percy’s assistant.

Great show. Love it. Love the action. One of my favorites.

Anonymous May 13, 2011 at 8:15 am

I want a 2 season Please Nikita is an excellent show !!!Maggie Q rocks!!!

Joanmarie Stietz May 12, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Nikita should be renewed. This show is so exciting especially the season finale. Alexandra needs to find out what’s going on. Will she have to kill Nikita again. The black boxes are the deadly key to all their secrets. Nikita and Micheal should get rid of the boxes. Division wants the black boxes and Nikita. Will they ever destroy Percy and Division. This show has so many unanswered questions. Definitely keep Nikita on. Joanmarie Stietz a big Nikita fan.

Kathy C May 5, 2011 at 9:03 am

I am 49 years old and do not care for too many CW shows, I guess that is why I love Nikita. Maybe the CW needs to develop more shows to attract more older viewers. Nikita is the best show on TV right now. I am tired of all the same cop shows, like SCI and Law & order. even the medical ones are getting boring. The writers of Nikita leaves the show interesting and give it many twist, which makes it an exciting unpredictable action thriller.

Anonymous March 7, 2012 at 11:25 am

I so agree with you 1000%!! I love nikita as much, if not more than you. :)

Rick April 8, 2011 at 4:14 am

One of the Best shows on T.V. because it is so interesting to see what going to happen next. Its like watch a Jason Borne movie every week.. KEEP THIS SHOW!!!

her royalfineness April 5, 2011 at 1:30 am

I think this is the best thing after prison break.A female lead character.I like the way shes potrayed. strong character with a soft heart…way to go

kelly February 28, 2011 at 11:00 pm

keep it dont cancel
i actually want it to have lots of season like ncis
i actually want to see an episdoe where divison is destroyed by nikita and what happens between her and michale.
so no nikita should not be canceled

Naden.ka February 19, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Absolutely love this show! It owns my Thursday evening.

LAlalal February 19, 2011 at 12:13 am

Please keep it on. It’s an awesome show and I love having an asian/american character playing the lead…Maggie Q is so humble and sweet. I love her!!!!

TRAVIS WILLIAM HOLLIDAY February 12, 2011 at 11:24 am

I LOVE NIKITA .IT IS THE BEST SHOW SINCE DARK ANGEL, JERICHO,AND SARAH CONNOR .BUT 4 SOME REASON EVERY SHOW I THINK KICKS ASS ALAWAYS GETS CANCELLED.I LOVED THE SCENE WHERE SHE SHOOTS UP AT THE GLASS AT PERCY.I THINK BY MY COUNT SHE WENT THRU 14 TRAINEES TO GET TO THAT GUN.I HOPE IT STAYS ON FOR YEARS ,HOWEVER IF IT GETS CANCELLED LETS AT LEAST HAVE A FINAL EPISODE.JERICHO DIDNT HAVE ONE NOR DID SARAH CONNER NOR DID SLIDERS NOR DID DARK ANGEL.SHE IS THE BEST THING SINCE DARK ANGEL.
P.S I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HER FIGHT THE GUY FROM BURN NOTICE ,MAYBE YOU CAN PUT HIM IN A EPISODE .

mo February 7, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I hate this show.
Hope it tanks.

Anonymous January 23, 2011 at 9:21 pm

KEEP! I loved this show I looked foward to it every Thursday!

Gregory Anderson December 30, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I love this show. I love that it picked up where the movie left off, at the end of the movie she had ecaped form section.