Numb3rs: CBS Cuts Season Order; Will it be Cancelled?

Numbers to be cancelled?While some shows are getting orders for additional episodes, Numb3rs has just had its number cut by CBS. How does this bode for the drama’s chances for a seventh season?

As Friday night viewers know, Numb3rs revolves around an FBI agent (Rob Morrow) and his genius brother (David Krumholtz) who helps solve cases with mathematics. The cast also features Judd Hirsch (as their father), Alimi Ballard, Dylan Bruno, Navi Rawat, Aya Sumika, and Peter MacNicol.

The series is currently in its sixth season, having debuted in January 2005. For the show’s entire run, it’s been a staple of CBS’ Friday night schedule in the 10pm position.

In its first season, Numb3rs averaged a 3.2 rating in the demo and 11.1 million viewers. In season two, the show’s ratings rose to an average rating of 3.3 and 11.7 million viewers. Overall viewership has dropped since then. Last season was watched by an average of 9.75 million and the demo was 2.2.

Should Numb3rs be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

This season however has been a different story. Numb3rs’ numbers are way down. It’s fallen all the way down to a 1.7 rating in the all-important demo. Overall viewership has also dropped to an average of 7.9 million viewers.

If you look at these figures, it’s not hard to understand why CBS has decided to cut this season’s order from 22 to 16 episodes. In addition, the network already has a couple other dramas that can take its place, including Flashpoint — a show that’s cheaper and already proven to work on Friday nights.

TV show supportWhat does this mean for Numb3rs’ future and its chances for a seventh season? The episode cut doesn’t mean anything in itself but the ratings that caused it certainly do. The show is already in syndication and, now in its sixth year, the show is quite difficult to produce. Unless the ratings return to their previous level, the show will surely be cancelled.

What do you think? Would you be sorry to see the show cancelled or would you like to watch a seventh season?

Krista August 4, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Why is it that all the good shows get canceled and they are replaced with mind numbing tv. Its ridiculous!
Numb3rs is an awesome show !

Athena Martin August 3, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I hope they do another season of Numbers it is my favorite show. I never miss an episode. It seems like all CBS is doing is getting rid of great shows. Just because ratings are not as high aas they would like does not mean you should disappoint they thousands that are loyal fans.

Lon Hebert July 22, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I hve enjoyed watching numbers I have all 5 season in dvd I am waiting till august when the final season of numbers comes out on dvd so I can be able to watch the whole 6 seasons.

phil July 10, 2010 at 5:20 pm

I have enjoyed NUMB3RS since it began. It would be a shame for such a well writen show to be canceled.

luis July 4, 2010 at 12:36 pm

pues ojala y no quiten esta seria la verdad yo he visto toda completa la serie y nada que ver con otras las matematicas hacen que la serie se vuelva mas interesantes que sigan mas adelante mas temporadas

Eddie2684 July 2, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Oh my god! Please dont get rid of Numb3rs there is no other show out there like it. Networks alresdy cancled Lost, 24, got rid of half the people on CSI and Csi Miami, and now Numb3rs what are they thinking! Please please please bring Numb3rs back for a 7th season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous July 2, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I am so tired of them taking decent shows off for garbage and smut!

Shane M Gordon June 24, 2010 at 11:52 pm

I have been a CBS fan for years and I TiVo 90% of my prime time watching and it happens to be on the CBS network. I will be saddened to see NUMB3RS go but you cannot fight the Nelson ratings,unfortunately, that is all a network has to go by.

Are they at least going to finalize the show with a Season 7? It looks like it from what is stated above…but who really knows for sure…

WARREN RABNER June 16, 2010 at 11:55 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE NUMB3RS STAY ON.

Barbara June 13, 2010 at 10:31 pm

I really enjoy Numbers and look forward to it each week. If canceled will have to leave my Friday night line up as I have direct TV and a large choice of other things to watch. We also have an extensive library of movies. I do not enjoy the other choices we are being offered.

Linda June 7, 2010 at 8:01 pm

My husband and I really enjoy numb3rs on Friday night. We will be very dissappointed if it is cancelled. It is truly one of a kind.

p.s. We also enjoy Flashpoint as well. Can’t we have both?

Tina and Mike June 4, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Numb3rs is an awesome show and if it is canceled CBS is off my channel list!!! KEEP NUMB3RS!!!!!

Mex June 3, 2010 at 10:14 am

I really enjoy the show and would really love to see it return fall of 2010. It has an interesting twist compared to your typical cop show. Having a brother who uses math to help catch the bad guys makes it interesting. Please don’t cancel.

John June 2, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Rob Morrow posted on his Facebook page about two weeks ago that Numb3rs has officially been canceled. He and David Krumholtz are already on-board with new shows. I watched a preview of Rob’s on ABC’s website, but it’s nowhere near the quality of Numb3rs.

Amanda June 27, 2010 at 7:03 am

so is there gonna be a 7th season or are they leaving as is?

Stan June 2, 2010 at 1:18 pm

I agree with them all, it is a great show and it is the only show my wife and I watch on Fridays. We will probably switch to another network if Numb3rs is cancelled. I am looking forward to see Hawaii 5-0 but it will likely be cancelled too after a year or two.

Brad lunsford July 31, 2010 at 2:43 am

I watched every episode and every season and i believe the show even if the ratings went down does deserve a seventh season and make it a season to not forget it needs a real mind blowing finale. It only makes since I believe any show that may have dropped ratings should make a good ending that it deserves. People want to see a finale of a show be very suspenseful just like if you were a firework show it needs that unforgetfulness to it. Thats how I want my shows to end something for me to want to go but the last seasons of any show after i have bought all the other seasons, If a season ends as a finale like season 6 of Numbers with only 16 episodes I would want it to be very significant and since the sixth season ended the way it did then it might as well be a season 7 and end it very big. I enjoyed the show very much but i was disappointed in the way it ended I thought the last episode was going to be something big since it was the last episode. It was a good episode to finish the end of the season but not for the who series it almost seemed to me like just a regular episode but in a hurry to end which really disapointed me as a veiwer and almost makes me not want to go but the sixth season only because of the shortage of it and the way it ended. Maybe Im wrong about it but like I said it deserves a suspenseful ending something I dont want to forget about the show, I dont want to be disappointed about it just because the ratings went down after all the time I spent loving the show. Its almost like the show LOST when the 5th season ended and everyone thought that was it I got disappointed because I still had questions on it, then it was decided to have a 6th season and the whole season just started to answer all my questions and the finale of it was very worth it and put the show to an end like it deserved. Please lets have a seventh season so every viewer can feel more satisfied about with more suspence to it something to not forget about, Ratings probably dropped because of the economy and people loseing their homes and the cost of cable or what ever the case may be is not because of the show itself. Give it one more good season.