Perception: Season Three Ratings

Perception TV show on TNT ratingsLast year, viewership for Perception dropped 28% when compared to the first season’s ratings. Will the numbers continue to fall, hold steady, or grow? Will this TNT TV show be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned!

Perception follows Doctor Daniel Pierce (Eric McCormack), a talented and schizophrenic neuropsychiatrist, as he assists his former student, FBI Special Agent Kate Moretti (Rachael Leigh Cook), solve complex cases. Other castmembers include Kelly Rowan, Arjay Smith, LeVar Burton, and Scott Wolf.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

11/13 update: TNT has cancelled Perception after three seasons.

11/6 update: The third season resumes on February 17th.

For comparisons: Season two of Perception averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.06 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Perception TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Teresa November 26, 2014 at 9:55 am

I have a relative recently diagnosed with schizophrenia. Any mental health illness is scary and no different than any other illness. I appreciate that Perceptions deals with the lives of schizophrenics. They really aren’t violent, unpredictable people society needs to shy away from. Social media can be thanked for that stigma. They may be “quirky” but are still likeable people. Eric Mccormack is a really good actor and portrays the part brilliantly. Thanks TNT for cancelling a show that was maybe getting people to change their thinking about mental illness.

Sherri November 23, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Perception provides an intelligent, suspenseful alternative to the garbage offered by network television. It is lost on me why programs of this quality are cancelled and drivel such as Two Broke Girls and reality TV survive. Please renew Perception and continue developing similar programs that challenge our thinking and entertain without killing brain cells.

Susan November 19, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I agree Perception is different and very enjoyable. I really like this show please keep this show on television. I look forward to watching this show when it is on.

Val November 16, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I totally agree that Perception should be renewed. I am convinced that it was not promoted as much as other TNT shows … I as much as I really like Rizzoli and Isles, as far as which is the better show – Perception gets my vote hands down. Eric McCormack is phenomenal as Dr. Daniel Pierce and just a brilliant actor in any role he plays. I will watch whatever show he is in. But to TNT– PLEASE DON’T CANCEL PERCEPTION! It’s a huge mistake!

Flora Williams November 15, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Perception is one of the better shows on television. Eric as Dr. Daniel Pierce is brillant in this role. It is intelligent, well written and educational from a psychological prespective. Fair warning…I will no longer have a reason to tune into TNT in the future if Perception is canceled.

Mel November 16, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Perception was canceled last week. It was sorely underpromoted. There will still be 5 episodes that will air starting February 17, 2015. I am very VERY unhappy. Perception was my favorite show.

The level of acting/writing/direction/editing, etc. was superior to most of what is on television right now. Perception was grossly under appreciated.

As much as I LOVE NCIS, I still believe Perception was a much better show. I am still holding my breath that Netflix or some other indie channel will pick it up.

My 2 cents… (that and 2 bucks will now get me…. nothing)

Sandy November 10, 2014 at 11:52 pm

please have Daniel SHAVE or grow a real beard. I hate HATE the grunge look, enough to not watch the show!!! Too bad because I liked it, I just can’t stand the face stubble!

William November 6, 2014 at 9:31 am

Perception is tv worth watching. Lord knows there isn’t a whole lot more shows to say that about these days. Go back in the direction the show started and you’ll get your ratings back. But to date I have yet to have considered the time spent watching any episode wasted time.

Dolly Goyer November 4, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Please do not cancel Perception. It is one of my favorite shows. I love Daniel’s character. I look forward to it every week.

Betty October 11, 2014 at 11:01 am

We really enjoy this show and don’ t want to see it cancelled.

Mel October 11, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I started a campaign on Twitter to #SavePerception. The plan is to send a scarf to TNT programming along with a letter saying why you love Perception. The address for sending scarves: TNT Programming. 3500 W. Olive Ave.9 Fl. Burbank, CA

Don’t just SAY you want Perception renewed, send a scarf and letter to SHOW TNT you want Perception renewed!

Catherine October 10, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Please keep this show on. It is interesting, innovative and entertaining. The characters have depth. Don’t take this show. It is one of the few worthwhile shows on tv.

Diane October 9, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Please renew this fabulous show! It is innovative and well acted. My DVR is set to record the next season.