Reckless: Season One Ratings

Reckless TV show on CBSSummer can be a tough time to launch a new drama but CBS had success last year with Under the Dome. Will Reckless be a ratings success or a flop? Will it be renewed for a second season or cancelled instead? Stay tuned!

Reckless revolves around a beautiful litigator from the north and a charming southern attorney who must hide their intense mutual attraction as a police sex scandal erupts in Charleston, South Carolina. The TV show cast includes Cam Gigandet, Anna Wood, Shawn Hatosy, Georgina Haig, Adam Rodríguez, Michael Gladis, Kim Wayans, and Gregory Harrison.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

10/9 update: CBS has cancelled Reckless after one season. Details here.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.91 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Reckless TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for season two?

ej January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

I can name you a number of shows that should be canceled but this it not one of them. My wife and I both loved the show but we did not find it until it hit Netflix. I was not aware of the shows original air date. I dont believe CBS did a great job in promoting it. The characters were interesting, quick witted, strong but still had charm to them. It had great fast pace that kept you interested. Now let talk about shows that should be canceled Madam Secretary, The McCarthys, Two and Half Men (really sucks now), Scorpion is about to go in the pile and I can go on. Reckless was a great show for men and women.

Trudy January 24, 2015 at 4:14 pm

RECKLESS was the best show of the summer. I can’t believe they cancelled it. I
t’s far better than some of the shows they brought on this season. I don’t watch CBS much anyhow so there’s not much reason for me to start back now.

Pamela Fleming January 26, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Please check out the Renwe Reckless Facebook page. Show your support.

Anndy January 22, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Loved this show, can’t believe it’s been cancelled. Very disappointed in CBS

Malathi Benjamin January 15, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Loved the show and the characters. Really surprised that it is being canceled!

Ashley January 3, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that I wrote a letter about Reckless and mailed it to Netflix about a month ago. I got a written response back from the Netflix Resolutions Team a couple of days ago saying that my comments about the show being picked up as a Netflix original show were going to be forwarded to the appropriate departments.

I just wanted to tell people not to forget about good old fashioned snail-mail. The responding letter I got is proof that people at Netflix are reading letters mailed to them AND they’re taking the time to respond. A typed out letter always has more effect than an email, message board post or a tweet. Please send more letters and let them know we’re serious about our show!

Here’s the mailing address I used to send my letter (FYI, I’m from Canada, sent it to the USA and still got a response, so everyone worldwide should try if they can!)

Netflix Corporate Headquarters
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, California 95032
United States

Marcia January 4, 2015 at 1:28 am

Thanks Ashley! I will get on this right away.

E Frolo January 2, 2015 at 12:50 pm

I cant believe this show was canceled. My wife got me hooked on it and we love watching it together. Its a show that I was not aware of. I dont believe the show was well promoted. We are now watching the entire season on NETFLIX. I wish they would have promoted it better. The characters were great and it there was never any lull in the story line.

Leni January 2, 2015 at 11:35 am

Absolutely love the show !!!! Please keep it going!

Patricia cummings January 2, 2015 at 4:49 am

Loved the show!!!!!! I am very disappointed that there will not be other seasons.

Amber December 30, 2014 at 12:49 am

Please do not cancel Reckless!!! This is a great show and if you must cancel it, allow Netflix to take it over and keep bringing new episodes!!!

Sofia December 22, 2014 at 1:26 am

PLEASE RENEW THIS SHOW ~ I Loved It! Honestly, This Show Was Better Each Time I Watched!
Hopefully someone will pick this show up, so worth it. Seriously, this was actually a good show compared to a lot of the “garbage shows” on the air now. Bring it Back!

dandi December 21, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I would like to see the Reckless series continue. It is much more entertainingunthinknght provoking than all your stupid moronic “reality” show farces. Of course you don’t care about providing entertainment for an intelligent, thinking audience. You are providing time wasting activity (essentially babysitting activity) for the uneducated, unthinking masses.

Mari Lira December 19, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Please RENEW this show it is amazing i fell in love with this show. It not only captures comedy and romance but it is suspenseful. I love law and order and svu but this show was different it had law and crime but it included love, it has a great mix of everything i enjoy watching all in one show. Who ever wrote this I applaud you and I really really hope you and CBS will renew this show as soon as possible. If i would have know this show was on tv i would have watched it and im sure a lot of other people agree but i happened to come across it on Netflix and now that i know it was on CBS im hoping I can watch the ” new season” on tv if you all change your mind. Once again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RENEW RECKLESS!!! I want to know what happens..

Andrea December 16, 2014 at 7:02 am

Please don’t cancel the show. I never saw this show if it was advertised because it sure would of been scheduled on the DVR to record! I think rearranging the time slots or possibly better advertising. This is a great show and since it is now on Netflix instant watch I have been recommending it to all my friends. I can’t believe this is even up for debate such a good show!

Merrittaj Johnson December 15, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Don’t cancel. I was able to watch show on Netflix and just love it. I don’t think the show was advertised enough or put in a good time slot. Don’t cancel. With all of the tv channels and Netflix and Internet people are watching shows at their leisure and they may not watch as soon as a new show starts sometimes people wait until a season is over and then watch all at once.

Ada December 11, 2014 at 6:50 pm

I watched it when it first came out and again over the last 2 days… who is that has control over cancelling these programs? I loved the twists and turns and the “court humor” as well as the drama. I sure hope netflix does pick it up….like Longmire another very well done show…