Red Widow: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Red Widow to be canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the season finale of Red Widow since ABC ordered just eight episodes of the series. Is this the end? Will the drama be back for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

For those unfamiliar with the show, Red Widow revolves around a San Francisco housewife and mother who finds herself forced to continue her husband’s work in organized crime after his death. The large cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing a second season renewal for Red Widow. The show’s ratings were poor at the start — debuting to a 1.5 demo rating with 7.13 million viewers — and have gotten a lot worse as the weeks have worn on.

Last week’s numbers fell to a new low — a 0.7 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 3.47 million total viewers. Red Widow is one of the lowest-rated shows on the network, ensuring that ABC won’t be bringing it back next season.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew the drama or are they justified in cancelling it? Are you satisfied with the last episode? How would you wrap up the storylines?

Celia May 6, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Do not cancel Red Widow. Love IT!!!. Can’t wait to see season 2. Need to find out what happens to Nicholas…Give it a chance

Why Watch May 6, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Never could get into this show, it was not worthy of watching for me. The acting/script was not strong enough for me to give it a second chance. Perhaps it got better, perhaps not.

Stacy May 6, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I love this show .. You can’t stop now ! Would like to see Schiller and marna together !! Maybe Schiller can be CIA a good guy bringing down mobs ! Don’t end it now !! Put it on a different night if you have to . You need to continue it back want more that shouldn’t be the ending . Good acting on Marna and Schillers fine !!!

julie May 6, 2013 at 1:08 pm

please let there be a second season. its a fantastic series

Paul G. May 6, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Wife and I loved this show. Well written, with a nice twist for the season finale.

Anonymous May 6, 2013 at 12:33 pm

please renew Red Widow. It is like a cross between Sopranos and Desperate Housewives. We enjoy it!

Jan May 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm

We are soooooooooo addicted to this show ! Very tired of reality T.V– Come on ABC – give this show a chance !! Can hardly wait !!

Dee Dee May 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Red Widow deserves another chance. I enjoy the show and thought it was improving.

Anonymous May 6, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I think the show should be given a second chance. Maybe change the night in which it comes on television. It is a lot better than most reality shows…then this is my opinion. I enjoy the show and want to see another season!

Gale May 6, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Don’t cancel. Love this show. Give it a chance.

Jan May 6, 2013 at 12:30 pm

We are addicted to this show! So tired of the reality scene —Please, ABC Give them a chance— It will be worth it ! Can hardly wait !

Joy May 6, 2013 at 12:21 pm

This show is good, the dynamics are intense and I would really hate to see it go. The fairy tales of OUAT are getting a bit lame and it would be nice to keep something a bit more real. Lose Splash and Wife Swap & keep a good drama, PLEASE.

les May 6, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I don’t watch much tv but I saw the previews for several weeks for the show to come on. I couldn’t wait. Please don’t cancel this show. It is awesome! I love it.

SBG May 6, 2013 at 11:59 am

Renew the show. There is something there that they should keep developing.

Audrey Culbertson May 6, 2013 at 11:48 am

Please dont cancel! Love it!