Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

Dan Wesch January 23, 2014 at 10:53 pm

We have been waiting all year to see if you bring back this awesome show. We DVR it every time it comes on. We watch it probably 2 times a day. Such great chemistry between all the cast members. Please bring back ASAP!!

Iris January 21, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I am a late bloomer of the tv show I just started watching it last year. I caught the show one night I was up late. The show was hilarious. I started watching it on Netflix to play catch up. Rules of Engagement is one of those tv shows that you can watch more then once and still have you cracking up with stomach pains. I haven’t watched a tv show that makes me laugh since Friends went off the air . Please do what you can to bring it back.

Kristin January 19, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Best show ever! I wish they didn’t cancel Rules of Engagement. I think the show is hilarious. I started DVR ing it so I don’t have to stay up so late to watch it. The chemistry between the character’s is just excellent. I am a huge fan.

Mike January 17, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Too bad. Maybe the network will replace ‘Rules of Engagment’ with another bull shit ‘reality’ show.

Tracey January 12, 2014 at 9:02 pm

This just bites! Was so looking forward to new season! Really? They always seem to cancel the good stuff! This was the funny side of life! Most of us can relate to one person in this story line in our lives! Really- if you r going to cancel these shows.- at least give your viewers closure on the series! To much serious stuff,- too much murder ,drugs, infidelity etc! Bring back the fun!

TERRY & LYNN January 11, 2014 at 9:35 am

What a brilliant series, my wife and I are in our late 60′s and we love the show.
We were so looking forward to the new series airing.
We have our tv set on ‘record series link’ and we haven’t missed an episode and we watch the repeats, still funny.
I agree with some other comments, 90 percent of re- reality shows are rubbish and are not worth switching the tv on for, and may I add, I don’t .
Please get re-negotiating and get it back, even if we have to wait a year or so.

jamie January 7, 2014 at 9:27 pm

I can’t believe it. This was a great show. We need more of them and less Housewives.

Casey January 7, 2014 at 1:56 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Me and my husband LOVE Rules of Engagement!!!! That sucks. I especially HATE when TV executives decide to do that without any sort of ending for their loyal fans. GEEEESHHHH, at least make an ending that fans can watch on line or something. This was a truly entertaining and funny show. I HATE all the stupid reality TV shows that aren’t reality at all and that seems to be all that we are left with now.

Rae January 3, 2014 at 2:16 am

WHAT?! I loved this show! I’m so sad they cancelled it!!! I hope they can bring it back! ;(

Anonymous December 29, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Just love this show cant believe they cancelled it. Would have loved to se what happens next especially with timmy and russell being married. Yes everyones married now so the name of the show wouldn’t work but I dont think that really matters all that much and I think others would agree.

CiCi January 8, 2014 at 6:41 am

It’s not “engagement” as “getting married”, it’s “engagement” as in “interacting with others”.

Cindy December 24, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I can’t believe they are canceling this show! It’s a great show.always looking forward to watching it.Maybe another network could buy it

hannah December 22, 2013 at 3:13 pm

why did it have to end new baby,audrey pregnant,timmy and russell married.jennifer and adam married so many great storylines could of happened so why did it have to end.

tony dodge December 19, 2013 at 11:12 am

Only just started watching a few weeks ago and iam hooked. Then i find out they cancelled it after season 7. Cant tell you how gutted I am. I reckon they could have got a couple more years at least. Have to just be contented with reruns i guess. Still would have been good to see what happened next.

Kim Blair December 14, 2013 at 2:03 pm

OMG besides canceling this awesome show, they also canceled CSI:NY now there’s nothing but crap on!!!!! This show is in the same category as Seinfeld and Friends….funny!!!! Are the people who pick and choose these show just plain idiots!!! This show is one of the funniest comedy shows I’ve watched in years. It talks about real stuff, that makes it more relevant to the older crowd…me! Thanks a butt load for canceling…..I hope whoever makes these decisions wises up soon, not much left on to watch but JUNK TV.

Anonymous December 6, 2013 at 12:15 am

Can’t believe they cancelled rules of engagement best show ever!!! Is there anything that can be done would love to see the baby and audry pregnant.