FlashForward: TV Fans to Black Out to Save Cancelled TV Show

Save FlashForwardA couple weeks ago, ABC officially cancelled their freshman TV show, FlashForward. Though it got off to a good start in the fall, the show’s ratings declined fairly steadily throughout the season. Like many ongoing serials that are end before their time, the last episode of FlashForward left many questions unanswered.

In the FlashForward series, the world’s population passes out unexpectedly for 137 seconds and has a vision of a future date. The series features a large ensemble cast that includes Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Peyton List, Brian F. O’Byrne, Courtney B. Vance, Sonya Walger, Christine Woods, Genevieve Cortese, Dominic Monaghan, Gabrielle Union, Lee Thompson Young, Ryan Wynott, Barry Shabaka Henley, and Lennon Wynn.

Fans of the series have been trying to get the network to reverse its cancellation decision and are now planning an unusual demonstration on the show’s behalf. In addition to sending calendars, friendship bracelets (similar to the one Fiennes’ character wears), and letters to the network, they plan to stage blackouts in front of ABC network offices and affiliate stations across the country — for 137 seconds.

The pretend blackouts are planned for June 10th and will take place in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle, and Atlanta. And, though they don’t have ABC network locations to target, fans in various countries around the world — Canada, England, Spain, Italy, Germany — are also planning similar demonstrations.

Ultimately, the networks care about ratings (something FlashForward was sorely lacking) but this demonstration is sure to get their attention. It’s highly unlikely that ABC will reverse its decision to cancel the series but hopefully they will be persuaded to give the series some sort of closure.

What do you think? Do you believe that ABC can be persuaded to bring FlashForward back for season two? Would you be satisfied with anything less? Perhaps a TV movie or an additional episode to wrap things up?

gina July 3, 2012 at 9:33 pm

please bring on season 2 myself and others really would love to see what happens.
if you cant bring in a whole season(which may be too big) bring in a half dozen episodes to finish it off

TR-BE June 6, 2012 at 8:07 am

bring FF backk, it s one of my favourite tv show… i want a season 2, wy they cancel always my favourite shows??

david fincher May 9, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Bring itttttt bacckkkkkkkkkk its the best series I’ve seen after lost and prison break it deserves a second season mark is alive!!!!!!!! Charlie says it in here flash forward! I belive wahat happend was they brought it out at a bad time! They should bring it out in the winter screw the ratings its a great series I bet if they do a good job season (wo people are going to watch season one again.

why February 20, 2012 at 12:02 am

BRING IT BAACCCCCK!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Nemein December 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm

This month I have been hit by 22 Déjà vu and got 13 flashforward. Too much at stake, my friends.

Heidi Noh-Kuhn September 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I just dissc0vered this show on Nextflix and loved season one! I know that networks sometimes do reverse their decisions to cancel a show and I hope they will change their mind and bring back this one. I loved the story line, the characters and the cast. Please give this show a second chance – I will be happy to tell everyone I know to watch it.

dj July 24, 2011 at 10:33 am

I think ABC needs a new crew, they are really loosing their perspective on what is good for the viewers. The reality show are a pure waste of time and I do not watch them as do thousands of others.

fredy June 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Please!!!!!!!! …..I loved this show really wish it would come back

Jonathan Martinez May 29, 2011 at 2:10 am

I love this show….. this show is so good to watch becuase withiout this show i will be like watching other boring show it kept me entetained, I never wanted to to stop watching it. they should keep making the 2nd season and many more to come.

Nicole May 26, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I loved this show really wish it would come back :(

Anonymous May 20, 2011 at 5:59 pm

I started to watch Flash Forward when it was originally aired, but because of my schedule I couldnt see all the episodes. I just watched all 22 episodes in a matter of 2 weeks. I loved the show. couldnt stop watching. Even watched it during work hours on my cell in my office. :) … Just saw episode 22 & @ the end I shouted NOOOOO !! Loved the show … wish it would come back or @ the very least as someone previously stated make it into a movie. PLEASE !! I need to know what happened. Who was Charlie talking about that they found? Who was the boy on the swing? Who was getting married? So many things …. : (

tee May 6, 2011 at 10:20 am

my husband and I loved the tv show flash forward. we couldn’t understand why it was cancelled in my opinion it was a great tv show. they need to bring it back especially with all the garbage tv shows they have on tv.

Nikki April 3, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I absolutely love this show! Really wish you would bring it back!

Rakefet March 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Please bring back Flashforwoard!!!

Dominic March 15, 2011 at 8:28 am

With all of the rubbish that airs on ABC, I fail to see why Flash Forward should be cancelled for poor ratings. I refuse to belief that the other shows in the ABC slate of programmes, many of them being non-scripted, fair any better in the ratings than did Flash Forward. There are many people around the world who are fans of Flash Forward and who would follow that show for at least two more seasons. Surely ABC can find a time-slot for the show and promote it with the same zeal that it expends on its other appalling shows.