Save Me

Save Me TV show on NBC: canceled or renewed?Network: NBC
Episodes: Seven (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: May 23, 2013 — June 13, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Anne Heche, Madison Davenport, Michael Landes, Alexandra Breckenridge, Heather Burns, and Joy Osmanski.

current TV show

TV show description:
This sitcom follows the life of Beth Harper (Anne Heche), an absentee wife and mother from the Midwest. After choking on a hero sandwich in her kitchen and suffering a dramatic near-death experience, Beth is revived and claims she can now talk to God.

Her teenage daughter, Emily (Madison Davenport), is horrified and her husband, Tom (Michael Landes), is skeptical. To make matters worse, Tom’s ex-mistress, Carly McKenna (Alexandra Breckenridge), is in a coma after a close encounter with lightning in the Harper’s front yard.

As Beth warms up to her new life, she strives to make amends to the people that she’s alienated over the years — including friends and neighbors like Jenna Dennings (Heather Burns) and Maggie Tompkins (Joy Osmanski).

Despite everyone’s initial hesitancy, Beth begins to win people over with her new positive attitude, cheerful optimism, and unbridled love.
space

Series Finale

Episode #7 — Holier Than Thou
While rallying to save a hospital, Beth alienates her friends with her holier-than-thou attitude.
First aired: June 13, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Save Me TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Monica Martinez February 3, 2015 at 10:56 am

I love this show!! Finally something positive on TV since 7th Heaven, and then is canceled!!!?? Like many other people point out, is hard to find a positive show on tv… Please bring back “Save me”; anne heche was perfect in her role!!!

Donna January 14, 2015 at 2:04 pm

A GREAT show & you dumbos canceled it . . . what, the devil made you do it?
Every time I find a wonderful show, some nitwit cancels it. Why, because it had ‘religious’
tones to it? Isn’t THAT what we need? Are you folks at NBC all athiests?

Chris January 7, 2015 at 8:47 pm

I loved this show and so did my 15 and 13 year old daughters. It had a nice balance between religion and humanitarian philosophies that I thought portrayed a significant segment of our current culture. I appreciated the wholesome but realistic feel. It was really nice to have something other than the dark side of society presented. I hope more writing like this will begin to flourish. I thought Anne Heche was great!

Diane November 5, 2014 at 9:55 am

Sorry show was cancelled, it was a great show. I watched by mistake and continued because I loved it! Show was not advertised enough, too bad!

Anonymous March 30, 2014 at 10:06 am

The comment from Jamico said it all it is a Great Show Without Sex, Violence, Etc. There are A LOT of us who are looking for a program that is without Sex, Violence, Etc. But it sell right! Advertise this TV program so we know its there. I NEVER heard of it until I found it on the internet. THANK YOU to the writers of this program. Their may be some nice TV out there but it might be on pay tv and there are millions of us who can’t afford that.

Jamico L. Kelley January 28, 2014 at 6:22 pm

I Think This Show Was Great! I Was Really looking Forward To More Episodes! It Would Be Great If You Could Bring It Back Because This Show Shows That You Can Make A Great Show Without Sex, Violence, Etc.

Trisha January 18, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Save it, Great Show!!! Bring it back, we need more optimistic shows out there.

Daisy November 20, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I really liked the show. It should be given another season. Bring it back.

robin November 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I was looking forward to the next season. But now I learned that it was cancelled. That sucks!

A Swank November 3, 2013 at 3:43 am

I loved this show. Please, please, please bring it back.