Spartacus: Starz Renews Series for Season Two (Already!)

SpartacusStarz certainly has a lot of faith in their new Spartacus series. They’ve ordered a second season before a single episode has even aired.

The first season of the series, titled Spartacus: Blood and Sand, is set to kick off on January 22nd on the pay-for-view channel. The show revolves around the classic gladiator and stars newcomer Andy Whitfield as the title character. The show also stars Antonio Te Maioha, Craig Parker, Erin Cummings, Lucy Lawless, Manu Bennett, Nick E. Tarabay, and Peter Mensah.

“We couldn’t be happier with the first season. Spartacus delivers on all levels — action, characters, intrigue, romance and excitement,” said Starz Entertainment EVP, Programming, Stephan Shelanski. “Spartacus is the most ambitious original project we’ve ever undertaken, and speaks to the commitment to our subscribers to provide truly original programming along with our unmatched lineup of theatrical features.”

Season two of Spartacus will likely be titled Spartacus: Vengeance but all of the story details are being kept under wraps so as not to spoil season one. The second season will be comprised of 13 installments and shooting is scheduled to begin in the next few months in New Zealand.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the Spartacus series?

Carolyn Young July 15, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Does anyone know when Season 2 starts? I can’t wait, it’s addictive.

Jack July 15, 2010 at 1:02 pm

I missed the last two episodes of Spartacus-Blood and sand on STARZ. Will season two be available on DVD and when??

Blake July 13, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Great show lots of action keeps you waiting for each episode. Cannon wait for the new season to be here.

Chris July 12, 2010 at 1:28 pm

The sooner the better!!

ibe okere July 1, 2010 at 7:04 am

yep i really enjoyed it.anxiously waiting for the next

Abi June 30, 2010 at 5:38 am

I hope season 2 won’t be like the series Prison Break wherein the inmates/actors went to Panama and the show grew boring =}

Dawnie June 27, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I can not wait till the 2nd season!! I think Spartacus is the BEST SHOW EVER…We would have Friday Spartacus night..I would have a house full of people all clued to the TV!!!! Awesome absolutely A W E S O M E………Way to go Starz!!

Brian June 24, 2010 at 9:19 pm

If that is true about a season 2 of Spartacus that is awsome I can’t wait blood and sand was the best show on tv me and my friends would look forward to it every week. And watch the same episode twice a week I have the hole season recorded, and for a new one to come out would make my year… It is by far the BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!

Rachel June 23, 2010 at 9:00 am

The reasone it is so long between seasons is because Andy whitfield (spartacus) was diagnosed with cancer and they didn’t want to get rid of him.
Season two is coming out in January and I can’t wait! It’s what me and my boyfriend would do together every friday night. But I do agree it’s a shame they got rid or Varo, he was one of my favorite characters.
Andy is responding well to treatment and will be in some of the episodes of season two. Can’t wait!!

Titus Manlius Habitus June 21, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Spartacus is the best show that the Gods have ever brought to us. Me and my family would be so psyched and happy if we watched season 2 please come out with it soon. Spartacus is an inspiration to me to my wrestling and judo training and the 1 month of kickboxing I get. I think of his training and hard work when doing football too. If humanity was smart we would live and survive as they do in Spartacus there wouldn’t be “global warming” there would be no oil spills we could live with blood, sweat, and tears. we could change warfare back to where you actually had to work not just pull a trigger. in their time you had to train and be close to your enemy and watch the life flee from them. with todays warfare its kinda the same but they are total opposites. I really think that todays world is jacked up beyond relief. there is no more belief in the Gods except for me. now its all science. I really believe that science is a lie because it just so happens that there are enough planets in our solar system for the number of Olympians in Olympus. and Pluto (the Roman name for Hades) is no longer a planet and he is the God of the dead. PLEEEEEEAAASE!!! Make another season of Spartacus it is AWESOME for me and my family.

will pickens June 18, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Why so long between seasons. I really do love the show

kcochrane June 15, 2010 at 2:31 pm

The series was a topic of discussion with my friends, We loved Spartacus! But we all agreed the series is too short and too much time between series. We are all busy professionals and who knows what other series will come along and peek our interest. I hope I don’t loose my interest come 2011. It’s seems like a long way off….

Tammy Douglas June 15, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Yes, Yes, Yes….I’m definitely looking forward to season two. Spartacus is Awesome.

jeff June 13, 2010 at 2:29 am

..i hope more season will come..i loved watching spartacus, i cant wait to see spartacus in actions..how sad that daro is out of the scene..i love to watch daro and spartacus fighting as one in the arena..hehe

Allen June 9, 2010 at 10:43 am

Cant wait to see the next season. But did you have to get rid of varo. Well,keep them coming.