Terra Nova

Terra Nova TV showNetwork: FOX
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 26 – December 19, 2011
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jason O’Mara, Shelley Conn, Landon Liboiron, Allison Miller, Naomi Scott, Alana Mansour, Stephen Lang, and Christine Adams.

current TV show

TV show description:
In the year 2149, the planet Earth is overdeveloped and overcrowded. The majority of plant and animal life are extinct. Scientists unexpectedly discover a fracture in time that makes it possible to construct a portal into primeval history. With the future of the species at stake, a bold notion is born — to resettle humanity in the past. It’s believed that this is a second chance to rebuild civilization and to hopefully get it right this time. The first colony that’s established in the prehistoric land is called Terra Nova.

The Shannons, an ordinary family, are part of the Tenth Pilgrimage of settlers. Jim Shannon (Jason O’Mara) is a devoted father with a checkered past. He guides his family through this new world of limitless beauty, mystery, and terror. Jim’s wife is Elisabeth (Shelley Conn), a trauma surgeon and the newest addition to Terra Nova’s medical team.

Josh Shannon (Landon Liboiron) is their 17-year-old son and he’s resistant to leave the life he knew behind. When he arrives at the settlement, Josh finds himself immediately drawn to a beautiful and rule-breaking young woman named Skye (Allison Miller).

Maddy (Naomi Scott) is Josh’s endearingly awkward 15-year-old sister. She hopes that Terra Nova will give her a chance to reinvent herself. She’s the older sister to five-year-old Zoe (Alana Mansour). Elisabeth’s medical training secured the family a spot on the pilgrimage but a secret involving Zoe endangers their place in the ancient utopia.

Commander Nathaniel Taylor (Stephen Lang) is the charismatic and heroic first pioneer and leader of the settlement. He warns the travelers that, while Terra Nova is a place of new opportunities and fresh beginnings, everything isn’t as perfect as it appears. Along with clear blue skies, towering waterfalls, and lush vegetation, the surrounding terrain is filled with many dangers – much more than just man-eating dinosaurs. There’s also a splinter colony of renegades, led by the battle-hardened Mira (Christine Adams), who is vehemently opposed to Taylor and his leadership.

Even more threatening than what lies outside the protective walls of the colony is the chilling possibility that something sinister is happening inside Terra Nova. The Shannons soon begin to suspect that not everyone on the mission has the same idea of how to best save mankind. In fact, there may be forces intent on destroying their new world before it even begins.
space

lajaspers May 5, 2012 at 2:23 am

I am not happy about this show being cancelled. I thought it was good.

pablo April 30, 2012 at 9:25 pm

i love this show it had a good story line i was ready for the next season n they cut me off

jfrizz March 28, 2012 at 9:08 am

I can’t believe they cancelled this show either. Just when I thought there would be something good to watch it’s gone. Get us hooked then kick us to the curb. Wish we had more say in what to keep and what goes. Online voting or something. It replaced ‘Lost’ for me. And don’t even get me started about how they ended that series.

teresa March 11, 2012 at 1:06 pm

This was an awesome show. completely different than anything on tv and i am so SICK AND TIRED OF THE DAMN REALITY SHOWS !!! i get enough realty everyday in my own life, i want something that is entertaining and gets me away from my REAL LIFE !! stop cancelling good shows for crap reality tv !!!

Bill March 9, 2012 at 10:28 am

When was this decision made? This is too bad, I liked this show!!!

BoBo February 20, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Excellent show and what a surprise to find something so wholesome on TV these days. Entertaining, interesting, good writing and a good cast. Please keep this show intact. Looking forward to more and I hope they give it a regular season instead of a choppy abbreviated one. So hard to get momentum with a show when we’re only given a few episodes at a time.

Allen February 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm

This show is great. I can watch it with my boys from young to old and we all enjoy it – even the girls. We are hungry for some clean family fun. Please keep this show and don’t trash it up with sex and gay characters!

Tay January 11, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Terra Nova is one of the best new shows on television and everyone I talk to says “Oh, I watch that and I love it.” It has a great plot so far and now I can’t wait to see what happens since the renegades are off to the Badlands, and no one knows what was out there and why it’s there. Are they really when they think they are or for all we know it could be Noah’s ark or anything, since the show is science fiction. I, too, have grown fond of the cast and they have written it well. The colonel needs to stay a fixture as does the shannon family. Actually, the way the cast is now, if they stay on, it should last as long as the writers continue to make it witty, inventive and keeping us on the edge of our seats.

cool98 January 8, 2012 at 3:17 am

terra nova is a really good series the best so far, i hope they do not cancelled the series

Daneheart December 29, 2011 at 7:04 pm

After my initial skepticism, I have become fond of the Shannon family and the other colonists. Their determination to protect their new home from exploitation is inspiring. Their willingness to “lose” technology and contact with 2149 to ensure the future of the colony is monumental. While this plot line has obvious flaws, the characters’ situations and motivations that move the story forward are quite accurate reflections of human nature and social structure of our times.

types of kisses October 19, 2011 at 1:44 am

great submit, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector don’t realize this. You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

Terra Nova Forums April 27, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Almost a dozen, executive producers. This show better be good.

Terra Nova Cast November 12, 2010 at 8:23 am

All of the regular cast members have now been signed for the pilot which will be a two hour special event on Fox in May of 2011.

The actors who have signed are Stephen Lang, Jason O’Mara, Shelley Conn, Landon Liboiron, Naomi Scott, Alana Mansour, Allison Miller, Mido Hamada and Christine Adams.

bill p. September 3, 2010 at 8:54 pm

The pilot episode’s screenplay got reviewed online here: http://www.coronacomingattractions.com/news/exclusive-terra-nova-pilot-script-reviewed

Sounds decent mostly I guess

Anthony May 17, 2010 at 2:15 pm

So, it’s Land of the Lost meets the Hollywood Green Cult? Doesn’t sound promising.