The Hard Times of RJ Berger: Will There Be a Season Three?

Hard Times of RJ Berger season 3There’s no word on whether or not The Hard Times of RJ Berger will be back for a third season yet but actress Kara Taitz, who plays Lily on the MTV series is hopeful. She recently told Zap2It that the season two finale will have a cliffhanger that will leave the audience wanting more.

She said, “I know that last season we didn’t hear ’til around now, or a little bit after. So I don’t know what it means or doesn’t mean that we haven’t heard yet… but I think we need a third season. I think the story, as you see it go into that cliffhanger mode, needs to continue to be told. Hopefully MTV agrees.”

She teases that the cliffhanger will affect everyone, saying, “There’s a few things that happen that are gonna be really fun and we’re really gonna want this story to continue, I think. It involves every character really, and it’s definitely going to push the show to new places, which could be really exciting for us.”

How cable channels decide on what to renew or cancel is a little harder to predict than the regular networks. Season one of Hard Times averaged 1.04 million and a 0.33 rating in the 18-49 demographic. This season has averaged about the same number of viewers but the demo has risen to a 0.4 rating.

The only downside seems to be that viewership has hit series lows over the past few episodes. That may make MTV execs a little nervous to commit to another season. We’ll have to wait and see.

The final two episodes of the season (possibly of the series) — “Steamy Surprise” and “The Better Man” — will air together on May 30th.

What do you think? Would you like to see a third season of The Hard Times of RJ Berger?

Melissa October 28, 2012 at 9:01 pm

We really need this show back!! Im pissed!!!! I hate being left in the dark!! I think if Mtv would’ve promoted the show more it would definately go big!

rj berger October 12, 2012 at 10:46 am

I watched every season and I need more. This was by far the best show ever. I really enjoyed the show and always wanted to know what was next. With its ups and downs I really liked it a lot.

Marisa October 7, 2012 at 9:23 am

Yes Rj Beger is the best show ever I don’t know what I will watch at night if a third season dosent come out !

sweet101 October 5, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I was so upset when they wasn’t doing the thrid season like really MTV you would let it go off like that!!!!you’ll are fuel of crap I even got my mother into it, and she was like what the HELL!!!!MTV need to get on your a games and get the show back rolling someone need to pick it up and lets get the show back on road!!!

Jahnaro September 27, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Fuck yes! RJ Berger is easily one of the best shows out there. Give us more! ;(

Wade September 25, 2012 at 12:45 am

YES!!!!!! You have to make a 3rd I was pissed watching it on Netflix and there wasn’t a 3rd then I here ur gonna cancel what kinda dirty crap is that u can’t make a fricken awesome tv show then end it when it’s gettin go wtf people sign the rights over to me I’ll finish the damn show and give the people what they want and laugh at u when I’m swimming in the money u should of made lol….. No seriously make the 3rd series u won’t regret it

Glenn September 19, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Just finished season two and am DYING for a third season!!!! I’m not crazy about MTV shows but this show has every thing. I love it. Wayyyy to many cliff hangers in the end of season 2 to not make a third season. MTV please make it happen! Fuckin love this show.

heather ryan September 13, 2012 at 2:38 pm

what a messed up way t5o leave things.. i watched all of them recently and INDEED there needs to be a third season!!!!!!

BUCK86 September 8, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Bull crap there needs to be a season three. The show its self is funny as hell and is a show about high school. Degrassi been on for years and all it does is play the same crap but different cast. At least RJ some of us can relate to and guaranted a good laugh every episode.

Andrew September 5, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Well, apparently there isn’t gonna be a season three…

chloe August 31, 2012 at 6:12 pm

It would be a huuuuuuuge mistake to not continue this show. At the end of the second season you left us with a giant cliff hanger, a pretty good one if I might add, but after a cliff hanger like that I think you’ll attract a big audience with a third season also i didn’t watch much of mtv before this show but I must say its really funny,innapropriate, and addictive!but hey, isn’t that what terns want in a show now a days! Anyway ill be really upset if you decide not to do another season, but we need to find out what will happen with Max being gay and ri and lily having a baby there is just soooooo much good stuff about this show. I might just die soon if I don’t find out what happens with another season!!!!!! RJ BERGER, LIVE ON!!

Now MTV Hater August 27, 2012 at 4:07 am

EVERYONE WATCH THE RE-RUNS ON MTV SO THEY WILL SEE WE ARE DEVOTED FANS AND WE WANT THIS SHOW BACK!
I hate MTV officially. Like most of you, I watched both of the seasons in less than a day because I just couldn’t stop. This show is like addicting. It has to much to do with things that happen in life, and it really does have so many morals within it’s structure. And to add, it’s hilarious and has some seriously unique and interesting events. This is a perfect show, and I will watch every re-run episode that is aired, and nothing else on MTV, so MTV will get the hint.

LLAsmin06 August 18, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I watched both seasons back to back with my peeky boyfriend and he did not want to miss one episode hoping to see the third season… we definitely need a third season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna C August 15, 2012 at 3:24 am

I literally just watched the first two sessions in less than 24 hours.. I definitely need a this season.

Amanda r August 4, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Ugh one more season atleast.. Come on MTV .. This show was hilarious .. I watched two seasons in less that two days .. Not knowing there wasn’t a third season now I’m in the dark and kinda peeved :/:)