The Secret Life of the American Teenager: Cancelled, No Season Six

secret life of the american teenager canceled by ABC FamilyABC Family has decided to cancel their long-running TV series, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, after five seasons on the air. While there won’t be a sixth season, there’s still more to come.

Created by Brenda Hampton, Secret Life revolves around the relationships between families and friends and how they deal with unexpected pregnancies. Castmembers include Shailene Woodley, Kenny Baumann, Francia Raisa, Daren Kagasoff, Greg Finley, Megan Park, India Eisley, Molly Ringwald, Mark Derwin, Michael Grant, and Cierra Ramirez.

Debuting in 2008, Secret Life became ABC Family’s first hit scripted series and paved the way for future successes like Pretty Little Liars.

Should Secret Life be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The ratings have come down over the years. To date, the fifth season has averaged a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demgraphic with 1.38 million viewers. Still, it remains one of ABC Family’s highest-rated series.

While the show is ending, there are still 13 installments to come. A holiday episode is slated for November 19th and the dozen final installments will start airing next March. By the end, there will be 121 episodes of Secret Life.

Hampton called the series regulars to break the news. It’s unknown if the final episode will give the show some closure, end on a cliffhanger, or simply be open-ended.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Secret Life of the American Teenager has been cancelled? How would you like to see the show end?

Rachel Tipsword September 17, 2014 at 12:08 am

SERIOUSLY NO! YOU CAN NOT END THIS SHOW. IF YOU CAN KEEP MAKING EPISODES THE REST OF MY LIFE! I LOVE THIS SHOW! I’m a teenage mother also and this show relates to me so much and it’s been helping me so much you have NO IDEA. Please do not end this show! That would just be down right mean!! It sounds bad but I’m completely obsessed! Can someone find me a Ben!? I mean really!!!?

Jenny September 6, 2014 at 4:04 pm

YOU CAN NOT END THE SHOW MANY PEOPLE LOVE IT SO PLEASE DONT what happens to Ashley ? And Ben ? And Adrian? And amy? And John ? And Ricky? And EVERYONE!!!!

Cindy August 8, 2014 at 6:05 pm

this secret life of American teen is way better then 16 and pregnant

Renea August 1, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Please don’t end the show! It’s a really awesome show there’s so much more to be saw I don’t like how it ended please don’t cancel the show!

Jarlene June 20, 2014 at 1:01 am

WHATEVER HAPPENS WITH RICKY AND HIS LIFE AND JOHN THE WAY SEASON 5 ENDED GAVE ME HOPE THAT ANOTHER UPCOMING SEASON WOULD START PLEASE DO NOT END IT!!!!

Jarlene June 20, 2014 at 12:58 am

Please do not end this show.. I really love it and it has showed a lot of things I would be so upset if this show were to end please make another season ! I love SLOAT

Natasha June 13, 2014 at 1:11 am

I’m sorry but there has to be a sixth season. It can’t be cut off like that. There’s still so much to be known. Like what happens to Cathy and Ethan. Or who dose Ben end up with. do Ben and Amy get back together. What happens to Ashley and her life. Dose gorge ever get to see Robby again how dose that work. What dose Amy go to school for.
I love this show but I’m disappointed in how it ended. I feel like there’s much to be said.

Jarlene June 20, 2014 at 12:59 am

You are so right !! This show must be continued !

Dd May 12, 2014 at 6:17 pm