The White Queen: “Cancelled” by BBC, No Season Two

The White Queen canceled, no season twoEven though Starz just premiered their new TV series, The White Queen, we already know there won’t be a second season.

Based on Philippa Gregory’s bestselling historical novel series The Cousin’s War, The White Queen tells the story of three very different women as they attempt to scheme, manipulate and seduce their way onto the English throne. The cast includes Max Irons, James Frain, Rebecca Ferguson, Janet McTeer, Ben Lamb, Amanda Hale, Tom McKay, Aneurin Barnard, David Oakes, Faye Marsay, and Eleanor Tomlinson.

The show is co-financed by the BBC in the United Kingdom and Starz here in the states. The 10-part series began airing on BBC1 in June and completed its run last Sunday night.

According to Broadcast Now, the BBC has maintained that The White Queen was intended to run just one season. However, Gregory had hinted that there were hopes to continue the drama via an adaptation of The White Princess. That novel follows the story of Elizabeth of York who went on to marry Henry VII, the first Tudor King.

It now appears that a continuation won’t be happening. A BBC spokesperson said, “The White Queen will not be returning, but it is important to note that it was never actually conceived as a returnable series.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that The White Queen won’t be continuing in some form? Are you glad that the story was designed to wrap after 10 episodes?

Lori July 21, 2014 at 6:37 pm

I am very disappointed that The White Queen will not have a season two. I loved it. And the ending of season one gave the impression that there will be a season two.

Mitzi Koranda July 18, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Very sad to learn there will be No 2nd Season of White Queen. It is terrible the way shows such as this get cancelled and yet they bring ANOTHER worthless REALITY SHOW on . Such a disappointment. Have ALWAYS loved the shows like this that reveal History at its finest. Loved watching the Tutors and really was engrossed with White Queen. Please advise me (IF) they should decide to bring it back on for another Season.

Joan Cain July 17, 2014 at 11:55 am

I was hoping that there would be a continuation. I’m sorry to hear that there will not be a season 2.

yvonne hoddenbach July 17, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Very Dissappointed. I tried to watch game of throwns but HATED it then came across the White Queen and could not get enough of it . Was looking forward to seeing much more. Ordered Starz JUST for this.

Maria July 16, 2014 at 4:04 pm

They should never have sold Season 1 of White Queen if they cancelled Season 2. Completely left you hanging. So tired of all the reality shows and garbage that stays on. This happened with Camelot. Will not purchase anymore series until it is confirmed the next season will continue! So disappointed.

Marie July 15, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Very disappointed it will not be returning. It’s a shame when the outstandinging series are cancelled, and garbage tv gets renewed.

Angie July 15, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Very disappointed

Jill July 13, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Very disappointed, got hooked and want another season!

melissa July 12, 2014 at 10:38 am

pleass bring it back ,,I think its aufull when u get us hooked then do that ..

tmmy kaspi July 11, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I am so disappointed in Starz. they start a series and drop it . the white Queen was great. Camelot was just never continued.. very disappointed gave it one more chance for lack sas and it quit playing. after weeks i just cancelled starz.

John Akweteh Odaitey July 11, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Please i strongly believe you can consider and come out with the second part. Please consider and do that please. We need it and we want to know what went on ……….
we Ghanaians also like the movie very well

Deana R Givens-Cox July 7, 2014 at 4:24 am

I was so hoping for Season 2 I mean you left us in a ditch with just one season.. How can you do that? I really hate when a good show get’s cancelled before it’s even given a chance. Bring on a Season 2 There’s just so much more to the story.. You can’t leave us hanging like this…

Willie From Brooklyn, NY July 5, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Are you kidding me.? I was waiting for the second season to begin. The White Queen was the best show ever besides Spartacus. Thanks for messing up my hopes :(

Angela July 4, 2014 at 6:55 pm

pls let there be a season two. Season One was wonderful. please

Julianne Cheseman June 29, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Hello, I was so disappointed to see that the series White Queen will not go to a second series… I was spellbound by the show and couldn’t wait for each episode… what a shame!!
What will take it’s place… not some reality garbage by any chance!!

Becky June 29, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Very sad to know it won’t be returning! An amazing mini series as such would have made a phenomenal second season .. Beg you to reconsider!!!