Twisted: ABC Family Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Twisted TV show on ABC Family canceled: no season 2Today brought good news for Switched at Birth fans as the series was renewed for a fourth season. Unfortunately, the news wasn’t good for fans of the Twisted TV show. It’s been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season.

A mystery/thriller series, Twisted revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode of Twisted aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly started falling again.

The cable channel split the season into two parts and, starting in February of this year, gave it the advantage of airing after Pretty Little Liars, their most popular show. Unfortunately, that didn’t seem to help and the ratings got worse and worse. The final two episodes of the season drew just 726,000 and 773,000 viewers.

TVLine now reports that ABC Family has pulled the plug on the Twisted series, leaving viewers with a lot of unanswered questions.

What do you think? Do you think that Twisted should have been renewed for a second season? Are there any ABC Family shows you would have cancelled instead?

Erin January 30, 2015 at 10:48 pm

Please log feed show back on air…. I’m so addicted to it and now it ended horribly.

Tayler January 27, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Ive never really been into tv series, but when i started twisted i was addicted. i finished the 1st season in a week. When i saw there wasn’t going to be a second season i was soooo bummed. Its such a good show, a whole lot better than half the tv series ABC plays.

AAT January 24, 2015 at 10:15 pm

I’m really disappointed to hear Twisted has been canceled. Most any other show on ABCFamily could have been canceled instead.

Abdul January 23, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Seriously I will like Abc family to renewed twisted

Breanna January 23, 2015 at 7:22 pm

There needs to be another season of twisted. Just watched he whole first season on Netflix and fell in love. You can’t just leave us fans on the edge of our seats like that. I’d rather boycot ABC family and never watch another show on there than them completely throw away the idea of a second season. Imagine how many people would watch it if they came back out with it now! I think its something they need to look into.

me January 19, 2015 at 11:53 pm

I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH TWISTED IT KEPT ME AT THE EDGE OF MY SEAT…. I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT JO AND DANNY …. I AM SO UPSET THAT THESE ABSENTMINDED PEOPLE DIDNT THINK TO CONSIDER THE FEELINGS OF THE PUBLIC…… I LOVE TWISTED CAUSE I FEEL THE CHARACTERS EMOTIONS AND DOUBT… IT FEELS LIKE I CAN TRULY RELATE TO THE WHOLE THING. THIS SHOW NEEDS TO BE CONTINUED OR ILL NEVER WATCH ABC FAMILY AGAIN! AND THATS A PROMISE… EVEN IF IT MEANS MISSING THE FOSTERS. CONTINUE TWISTED OR ABC FAMILY WILL LOSE me AS A VIEWER.

ana January 19, 2015 at 8:35 pm