Twisted: ABC Family Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Twisted TV show on ABC Family canceled: no season 2Today brought good news for Switched at Birth fans as the series was renewed for a fourth season. Unfortunately, the news wasn’t good for fans of the Twisted TV show. It’s been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season.

A mystery/thriller series, Twisted revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode of Twisted aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly started falling again.

The cable channel split the season into two parts and, starting in February of this year, gave it the advantage of airing after Pretty Little Liars, their most popular show. Unfortunately, that didn’t seem to help and the ratings got worse and worse. The final two episodes of the season drew just 726,000 and 773,000 viewers.

TVLine now reports that ABC Family has pulled the plug on the Twisted series, leaving viewers with a lot of unanswered questions.

What do you think? Do you think that Twisted should have been renewed for a second season? Are there any ABC Family shows you would have cancelled instead?

lil j March 25, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Bring it back!!!!t Badass Shop

lil j March 25, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Bring it back!!!!

CARLA RAYBORN March 23, 2015 at 10:43 pm

I just watched the whole 1st season of Twisted on Netflix, and then after I finish the season finale, eager to watch the season 2 premier, I find out the show was canceled. Why? Why? Bring it back!

Gage March 21, 2015 at 10:24 pm

I do not think that this show should have been cancelled because it has such a great quality that a lot of other shows have. This show always kept me wait for the next episode and I like the way everything is lined out its truly a great show.

celestine March 21, 2015 at 8:09 am

come on guys we need twisted season 2

Zee Khalifa March 19, 2015 at 2:27 pm

I am just now hearing about twisted but I watched all 19 episodes about 10 minutes ago I went on Google to see if I could find the 2nd season only to find out it’s been cancelled :( that really sucks I looked forward into finishing this show. The secret life of American teenager is gone too???? Damn ABC you’re taking away the wrong shows!!!!

MJ March 16, 2015 at 5:21 am

Just watched all 20 shows this weekend, just pulled it up on here to find out what time of the week it came on only to find out they cancelled this show. That really sucks I was looking forward to find out what happened next. BOO not happy right now.

Kathy March 15, 2015 at 10:52 pm

I am 70 and I think that Twised be renewed. I really enjoyed the series, the twists and turns always kept me waiting for the next episode. It is a series that all ages could watch. Shame on you, ABC family for cancelling the second series!

Tonya March 11, 2015 at 6:33 pm

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for season two of Twisted. The show was absolutely amazing. I cannot believe the show wasn’t picked up for several more seasons.

swtpea March 8, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I think that Twisted should NOT have been cancelled…why?…it was such a nail biting drama !!!!! sure am disappointed with ABC. they usually have such good shows on….now they have taken away 2 shows that i like….The Secret Life of an American Teenager and Twisted…..but they keep showing antique shows like The Golden Girls for decades…dont get me wrong, i like The Golden, but you know its like chocolate, you can only eat so much of it before it makes you sick….Bring back Twisted and The Secret Life of an American Teenager… if some of those actors dont want to return…kill them off and get new ones to replace them……

hayley March 6, 2015 at 11:22 am

I believe that Twisted should come back on TV There are so many people that enjoyed the show if people don’t want to watch it they don’t have to but for the people that are so interested in this TV show should at lest get a second season!!!! Not many people enjoy the other television shows like “Pretty little liars” because its not as intriguing as twisted. Even though i am just another comment that nobody will notice i believe that Twisted should put back on TV for all the people that enjoy it. I am a teenager and if the show happens to come back on TV and continues Twisted will probably have more teen viewers along with older people. How many people that watch this TV showed should effect it being cut off TV because then nobody is happy with this. If you cold just read these comments and take peoples opions into mind it would be great!!!!!

Hiwi March 6, 2015 at 3:11 am

Please bring it back, it is a great show, it gets interesting with each episode, take down Hulu for Goodness sake.

erin March 6, 2015 at 8:26 am

Twisted is over and it’s done it’s finally over I am so glad that it’s done abc family pulled the plug on twisted no one tune into watching it on tv therefore canceled
I have said this at least 50 times

Katie February 24, 2015 at 1:47 pm

We want you to Bring it back! Take it off Hulu for Goodness sakes. That is just plain mean. It was so good. We were addicted and its gone. Why? With so many unanswered questions…. geez! My daughters and I love it!

Katie February 24, 2015 at 1:45 pm