Twisted: ABC Family Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Twisted TV show on ABC Family canceled: no season 2Today brought good news for Switched at Birth fans as the series was renewed for a fourth season. Unfortunately, the news wasn’t good for fans of the Twisted TV show. It’s been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season.

A mystery/thriller series, Twisted revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode of Twisted aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly started falling again.

The cable channel split the season into two parts and, starting in February of this year, gave it the advantage of airing after Pretty Little Liars, their most popular show. Unfortunately, that didn’t seem to help and the ratings got worse and worse. The final two episodes of the season drew just 726,000 and 773,000 viewers.

TVLine now reports that ABC Family has pulled the plug on the Twisted series, leaving viewers with a lot of unanswered questions.

What do you think? Do you think that Twisted should have been renewed for a second season? Are there any ABC Family shows you would have cancelled instead?

Canceled and renewed TV show

245 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

I love this show! Please bring it back!!! We all need to know what happens next!!! Such great actors too! I hate that it
    Was cancelled.

2. Daisy says

This show is amazing ! I don’t get attached to shows that easily and this one has me wanted to watch more !! Please bring it back ! People probably don’t know much about it that’s why they don’t watch it. I’d get rid of Switched at Birth and any other show for this one! Please continue !!

3. Valee says

Just finished watching season one of twisted and im so upset to find it was canceled! You cant just leave the story there! I need to know what happenes.. Please. Maybe netflix could pick it up or.. The writers could release a book or something so we know what happens next. Please???

• Anonymous says

I so agree something needs to be done I would of never started watching it if I knew I would be left hanging like that it’s unfair

4. Kim says

NOOOO I’m so mad Twisted is such a good show. They should have just given it a little more time, I’m so sure that people would discover it and make it bigger PLEASE BRING IT BACK.

5. Christine Ales says

Just finished watching twisted through finale – it was a great show, needs to come back for season two. I want to know what happens. It had a great story line and good actors.