Twisted: ABC Family Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Twisted TV show on ABC Family canceled: no season 2Today brought good news for Switched at Birth fans as the series was renewed for a fourth season. Unfortunately, the news wasn’t good for fans of the Twisted TV show. It’s been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season.

A mystery/thriller series, Twisted revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode of Twisted aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly started falling again.

The cable channel split the season into two parts and, starting in February of this year, gave it the advantage of airing after Pretty Little Liars, their most popular show. Unfortunately, that didn’t seem to help and the ratings got worse and worse. The final two episodes of the season drew just 726,000 and 773,000 viewers.

TVLine now reports that ABC Family has pulled the plug on the Twisted series, leaving viewers with a lot of unanswered questions.

What do you think? Do you think that Twisted should have been renewed for a second season? Are there any ABC Family shows you would have cancelled instead?

Anonymous October 28, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Twisted was a great show with a better outline and a better cast of actors and actresses compared to the fosters! That show shouldn’t even be aired on a family channel let alone any channel. The motive of the show is inappropriate and it makes the actor and actresses look bad and it does nothing for their acting careers.

cory October 26, 2014 at 4:16 pm

i love twisted could u please bring t back it was the best show ever made it has everything fromace to drama to thriller

Mika October 26, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I loved this show.. It was actually something that me and my fiance watched together!! Boo to all the non fans.

erin October 26, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Twisted is over they don’t care about people they care about a tv and people watching it but if people don’t watch it then the raitings will get a lot worse and the network would have to canceled it due to low raitings and the network can’t keep a show with low raitngs abc family doesn’t care about dvr or netflix at all

jenifer October 26, 2014 at 10:42 am

I rather watch twisted because it was and is my favorite show i want to know what happens between Danny and Jo. i want to know what Jack and his suppose to be daughter are up to.

rose October 22, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I enjoyed watching the show please bring it back

jenifer October 26, 2014 at 10:43 am

I did too it was my fav show

Mika October 26, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I agree bring it back!!!”!!

ashley October 21, 2014 at 1:09 pm

I rather watch twisted then switch at birth , that show is sooo retarded .dnt nobody got time to read words under the screen when they speaking sign language… And don’t nobody like all these other new stupid shows ! Plz keep it simple with the old shows and stop bringing in these new ones..

Sincerely :) !

erin October 21, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Ashley Abc family stated that twisted is not coming back on tv anymore there’s only SAB Chasing Life The Fosters PLL and I am a 100 percent sure that they will be bringing in news shows they’re are still fans who actually watch theses abc family shows I am so happy they canceled twisted