Underemployed: Is the MTV Series Essentially Cancelled?

underemployed on MTV canceled soon?MTV has quietly shipped their Unemployed sitcom off to Saturday nights, an evening when their target audience is likely out doing other things. Is this a bad sign for the show’s future?

Underemployed follows the lives and relationships of a group of young people whose lives haven’t worked out as they’d hoped. The cast includes Diego Boneta, Inbar Lavi, Jared Kusnitz, Michelle Ang, Sarah Habel, and Charlie Weber.

The sitcom has been under-performing in the ratings and this season has been averaging just a 0.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 490,000 viewers. Last week’s episode hit a new series low with just 340,000 viewers. (You can check out the week-by-week ratings.)

For comparison’s sake, the last season of Teen Wolf averaged a 0.7 rating and 1.69 million viewers.

The Inbetweeners, another MTV sitcom, only fell as low as 530,000 viewers and that show was cancelled last week.

So yeah, it looks like Underemployed is doomed to be cancelled. On the positive side, there are five episodes left.

What do you think? Do you think that Underemployed should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Is it a better show than the ratings indicate?

alfred July 29, 2014 at 12:17 am

hi am from kenya, the show is awesome and season two should be out in the market coz am waiting.

j'kya June 20, 2014 at 4:58 pm

i lalalala LOVE this show man. You messing me up. Cancel the inbetweeners not underemployed!!!!!!

perla March 2, 2014 at 8:15 pm

its not fair it wasn’t finished we need more!!. i still want to see what comes next please please please mAke season 2 please!!!

Anonymous January 18, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Love the show please make season 2!!!!!

Val January 13, 2014 at 11:13 am

I can’t believe it got cancelled That was my favprite show ever! I need to know what happened! Please make season2!

sherryl p November 4, 2013 at 7:38 pm

please please i need season two..iloved it.

Hayley Macdonald November 1, 2013 at 3:45 am

Love the show!!!

Kacy October 29, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Love underemployed!! If I missed a Saturday, I would have it recorded. Make season 2.

mercie September 21, 2013 at 5:59 pm

am from Kenya Africa,jst viewed th season yesterday n I looove it!!!its so real,espeacially to th youth n th challenges thy face is so similar….please can’t wait for season 2!!!!don’t deny us tht chance.

carina September 17, 2013 at 5:47 pm

just LOVE that show.. not only because of the characters (and not to forget their hotness), but also because it is actually a pretty realistic show as I find myself almost in the same situation. I can laugh about the similarities and love how they deal with each other and just fit perfectly although they have their problems like anyone else.
And I’m very sorry me and my friends cannot be part of the official viewers (and increase it of course!) as we explored the show only a few days ago and watch it in the internet BUT if there will be a second season I’ll promise to watch every single episode and make the producers happy again :)

Joanna September 15, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Plsss don’t let it be cancelled. Love the show and the characters. pls pls renew the second season.

Kelly September 12, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Love this show! VERY bummed inbetweeners was cancelled!!!!!!!

Sincerios September 6, 2013 at 10:39 am

Let the show go on!!!! Its a funny show with lovely characters!!

Andrea Awity September 3, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Pleas let the show continue! Always runned home so I won’t miss it! Loved the good looking actors and their likeable characters. I want to see how the relationship between Raviva und Lou might continue or what will happen between Miles and Daphne. I really loved the show and its story sooo please please let it continue.

mark August 26, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Yes! I love this show and it very funny to me so let the second season continue.