Zero Hour: Ratings

Zero Hour ratingsABC’s last Thursday series, Last Resort was a ratings disappointment and was cancelled. Will new TV show Zero Hour do any better — or could it be cancelled even quicker? Stay tuned to to find out.

The series revolves around a publisher who’s trying to find his abducted wife as well as save the world from an impending cataclysm. The cast includes Anthony Edwards, Addison Timlin, Carmen Ejogo, Dylan Baker, Jacinda Barrett, Michael Nyqvist, and Scott Michael Foster. The show typically airs Thursday nights on ABC. The network has ordered 13 episodes.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Zero Hour is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.74 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Saturday, 08/03/13 (series finale)
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.92 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 0.53 in the demo with 2.74 million.

Episode 01-12: Saturday, 08/03/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.84 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 2.81 million.

Episode 01-11: Saturday, 07/27/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.90 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 2.90 million.

Episode 01-10: Saturday, 07/20/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.79 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.59 in the demo with 3.00 million.

Episode 01-09: Saturday, 07/13/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.80 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 0.62 in the demo with 3.14 million.

Episode 01-08: Saturday, 07/06/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.90 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 0.66 in the demo with 3.30 million.

Episode 01-07: Saturday, 06/29/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 2.10 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.70 in the demo with 3.50 million.

Episode 01-06: Saturday, 06/22/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 2.00 million (+18% change).
Season averages: 0.75 in the demo with 3.74 million.

Episode 01-05: Saturday, 06/15/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.70 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 0.84 in the demo with 4.08 million.

Episode 01-04: Saturday, 06/15/13
0.4 in the demo (-60% change) with 1.90 million (-62% change).
Season averages: 0.97 in the demo with 4.68 million.

UPDATE: ABC has pulled and cancelled the show after three episodes. The remaining 10 episodes may air during the summer.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 02/28/13
1.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 5.05 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.17 in the demo with 5.61 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 02/21/13
1.1 in the demo (-21% change) with 5.39 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 1.25 in the demo with 5.88 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 02/14/13
1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.38 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 6.38 million.

It was a poor start for Zero Hour. Year-to-year, compared to an episode of Wipeout, ABC was down by 7% in the demo (vs a 1.5 rating) but was up by 25% in viewership (vs 5.12 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Zero Hour TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Frances March 15, 2013 at 11:44 am

Please renew show. It is great. I am upset it eas taken off the air. I recorded all 3 shows so I can watch them any time. One more chance to grow. I want to know that happens to the characters and the world and God. Please Please.

Frances March 15, 2013 at 11:35 am

I like the show. It is a good mystery. Please renew show. I have seen all 3 shows many times. I recorded all of them.

Randall March 15, 2013 at 2:16 am

It is pointless to blame the network for canning the show. The American people demand more reality (yea right…) shows to satisfy their incredibly low IQ. They demand more Kardashians, Survivor, X-Factor, Dancing with Stars, Blah, Blah, Blah…ect… You get the idea. You get it…”If you build it, he will come”….
DEMAND BETTER AMERICA!!!

Elze Hoogwater March 14, 2013 at 10:49 pm

What a big mistake to cancel Zero Hour. The only tv series worthwhile watching. Please bring it back!!!!!

PEBBLES MICKEY March 14, 2013 at 8:26 pm

ARE THEY CRAZY??????????
1 of the BEST shows ever!!!!!!!!!

Catherine Best March 14, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Please, please put Zero Hour back on. It is the only show/series that my husband and I watch together. We were hooked!

Greg March 14, 2013 at 4:27 am

Kinda disappointed to see the series cancelled. I was only able to catch bits and pieces of each episode, but it looked interesting enough that I wanted to watch a full episode, but then, bam! It gets canned. Oh well, hopefully they’ll revive it during the summer.

Anonymous March 13, 2013 at 4:29 am

Renew…renew…renew!!!

J Long March 12, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I am very unhappy about the decission to drop this show. I love a good mystery and this has all the makings of a suspenseful story. Someone had a big brain blow up when this decission was made.

Denise March 11, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Zero Hour and Last Resort were both great shows and it blows that they were both canceled. I am disappointed w/ABC for canceling them. Now I have nothing to watch at that time. I am really pissed about this b/c both shows had such good potential to b awesome and they got pulled. I would rather shark tank b canceled or. Scandal. They both suck… I am about ready to boycott ABC, b/c of this.

Greg March 14, 2013 at 4:30 am

Gotta agree with u about both ‘Zero Hour’ and ‘Last Resort’, as well as ‘Scandal’. Not so much with ‘Shark Tank’ tho, I actually like that show.

Kevin Cecchini March 11, 2013 at 9:24 am

Please do not cancel this show, it is great, give it a chance, better than most shows on television.

Adam March 11, 2013 at 4:53 am

This series has potential for at least ten years of episodes, this is macgyver good and stargate good, this is doctor who good and ncis good. Whatever you do don’t drop this series bring it back and bring it back strong.

Linda March 10, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Please keep this on the air!!!!!!! I love watching this show.

Mae Campbell March 9, 2013 at 11:13 pm

PLEASE KEEP THIS ONE ON THE AIR!!!!!!

Eddie March 9, 2013 at 2:08 am

Greatest show I have watched in a looonnnggg time! Bring it back on it was suspenseful and made me beg for the next episode!