3: CBS TV Show Cancelled

TV series 3 cancelled by CBS

Well, that didn’t take very long. After a very poor start, CBS has cancelled their new 3 reality series.

The show revolves around a trio of young women — Libby Lopez, April Francis and Rachel Harley — as they live together in a house and date their way through 100 men, looking for Mister Right.

The 3 TV series debuted last Thursday to a horrific 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.4 million total viewers. On Sunday night, opposite NBC’s Olympics coverage, the second episode fell to a 0.5 in the demo with 1.65 million. CBS’ other reality show, Big Brother, performed much better opposite similar competition.

CBS has pulled 3 from the schedule effective immediately. It’s unclear how many episodes will be left unaired or if the network will release them online.

Reruns of CBS dramas will fill the Sunday night at 9pm timeslot until The Good Wife returns on September 30th.

At the Television Critics Association press tour, CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler expressed her disappointment over 3′s performance. She said, “It was a show we tried, we were excited about… It didn’t quite get traction. I think overall the summer has been a little bit soft for everybody.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that 3 has been cancelled and pulled? Will you watch the rest of the episodes if CBS releases them?

Florida Murphy August 9, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I agree with the people leaving comments — Are we going to be able to watch the remaining episodes on-line? I would suffer through way too many commercials to see how the girls end up through the process. And if you won’t be able to show how it ends up, it would be most appreciated if you could just write a little clip and give us a recap of how it ends. If that is not possible, maybe the 3 girls (April, Libby & Rachel) could write in under the show’s comments and let us, the interested viewers, know how things ended and hopefully are progressing with the men and their lives!!

Frances Stevens August 8, 2012 at 4:53 am

Yes, I want to see how it ended. Bad Bad Bad for just pulling it with no explanation!

Donna August 7, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I thought the show was great! It wasn’t advertised enough and I just happened upon it.
Loved the gals though and really would like to see the outcome…very disappointing CBS…you switched nights and no one had even heard about the show when I mentioned it to friends…viewers don’t seem to matter to you…maybe I won’t watch any of your broadcasts going forward because who knows if you will cancel it halfway through…Olympics are on right now and none of the reality shows are airing again until the 13th so you can still continue the series instead of running crappy reruns!!!!!! Get with it!

anonymous August 7, 2012 at 7:27 am

Really terrible to cancel a show that might have been more “real”. The women were very particular about what they wanted, and I found it to be very true to life. They seemed overall supportive of each other and that was a good aspect of the show. You can’t have TV without the “crapola” I guess. But it looked like it could be very interesting. Oh well, typical of network TV, it’s all about the ratings and money … would be nice if once in a while they could just go with something, if they believe it to be a quality production.

jayde August 7, 2012 at 3:59 am

Why would you start a show that has obviously already been recorded and then not show it. You have viewers now and we want to see how it ends!!!!!!

sassylady August 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm

How could you start a show so engrossing about women supporting each other … must we always be shown as backstabbers? Com’on, CBS bring it back! I want to see the outcome!

Aimee August 6, 2012 at 8:11 am

Yes, I want to know the outcome! I loved this show. I think airing during the Olympics is what hurt the ratings. I had several friends I told to watch it for the third episode, and they were trying to find it, and we were all bummed to see it was cancelled. I would love to see the remaining episodes.

Dottie August 6, 2012 at 5:41 am

I am very discouraged as I sat down last night excited to see what was happening with these 3 gals who seem to be very intelligent and caring about one another instead of ome reality shows of catights etc…this is a great show and I agree why would you have it while the Olympics are on, I feel it wasn’t given a fair shot, I’d love to see it come back or at least tell us how we can watch online..

cba August 5, 2012 at 6:13 pm

want to see how it ends!

Anonymous August 5, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Of course I’m curious to see what happens. I started watching it, now I want to finish it.

anonymous August 5, 2012 at 12:37 pm

It is really hard to watch a show when you switch the days. It makes it confusing and hard to follow. I would expect a show to not have as many viewers if the days get switched!

anonymous August 5, 2012 at 12:30 pm

PLEASE CBS bring it back!!

Dottie August 6, 2012 at 5:42 am

I AGREE!!!!

anonymous August 5, 2012 at 12:25 pm

We are very bummed that this show was canceled. We were a family that loved watching it and looked forward to the next episodes. We loved how the girls seemed to be quality people and were supporting of each other. Once again, we are EXTREMELY disappointed.

Dottie August 6, 2012 at 5:43 am

I agree totally with you, it’s refreshing to see three gals supporting each other instead of catfighing

David276 August 4, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Like others who watched the first two episodes I would like to see the remaining ones. Why debut a new show when the olympics is on anyhow?

Anomous August 4, 2012 at 4:31 am

Maybe not worth another season, but since I am already watching, would like to see how it ends up.