Animal Practice: NBC Dumps Final Episode of Cancelled TV Series

If you were looking forward to watching the final scheduled episode of NBC’s Animal Practice tonight, I’ve got some bad news for you.

The network has pulled low-rated Animal Practice from the schedule one week early and replaced it with a new installment of 30 Rock. The “There’s No I in America” was supposed to air tomorrow night but NBC is replacing the comedy block with a rerun of The Voice instead.

Monday’s two-hour Voice and Revolution were pre-empted in several markets due to hurricane coverage and outages. NBC is airing The Voice tomorrow at 8pm and Revolution at 8pm (in place of previously announced reruns of Go On and Guys with Kids).

NBC initially ordered 13 episodes of Animal Practice but only six have been broadcast. The network hasn’t announced any plans to air or release the remaining seven installmetns. NBC cancelled the low-rated sitcom earlier this month but didn’t immediately pull it from the schedule.

What do you think? Would you like NBC to release the remaining episodes of Animal Practice?

Canceled and renewed TV show

32 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Brynn says

I’m getting tired of how NBC cancels enjoyable programs like “Animal Practice” and “Chuck” and replaces them with “dumb” stuff or keeps uninteresting programs like the Biggest Loser.

2. Dan says

I am utterly disappointed that NBC didn’t give the show a fair chance. The only other NBC shows I really watch are “Parks and Recreation” and “30 Rock”. It would be nice if at least they put the unaired episodes “Animal Practice” as either a replacement for a canceled show or on Hulu. “Animal Practice” was definitely different than most everthing else on TV. Apparently, most TV viewers don’t like different.

3. Jeff says

I am so disappointed. I was telling everyone about Dr. Rizzo!!! I was surprised a lot of people hadn’t heard about the show. That’s telling me the marketing efforts fell extremely short. That was one of the most original comedies that has ever hit the TV air waves. It’s a travesty we won’t have the laughs any more. Please bring the show back!!!

4. Zippo family says

We loved Animal Practice. Cant believe it was canceled. Crystal stole the show and was the best part of it. Some of the characters can be left out and maybe develop a little stronger story line . You could have a hit!

5. amy says

i absolutely LOVE this show!

problems is there’s not enough press about it. also, they’re wedging “Animal Practice” between non-comedy shows, which is off-putting attention wise for an audience. but what the hell do i know…

6. Trena says

I loved this show. I thought it was very funny and I enjoyed watching it. I just wish they wasn’t pulling the show. I LOVED IT!

7. Kizzy says

Pleeeeeeeease bring Animal Practice back!!! Please please please!!! It is sooooo cleverly written. I dont understand why people do not like it. I could watch it over and over again. You could remove the animals and it is STILL funny!!! But I like all the animals and the fact that it is centered around a veterinary hospital. It was not given a chance… at all. The writers are as clever as 30 Rock, Friends, and every other top notch comedy that has ranked high. It will be sorely, sorely missed. :'(

8. et says

finally an amusing and well written comedy show as opposed to ” the Office” ” New Girl” and such, and of course it is cancelled.. People need to laugh more than ever and Animal Practice provided that comic relief for at least a few minutes. Please at least finish the season shows.

9. Marlene says

Please bring back Animal Practice love that show and love that monkey on the program he makes the show! :) thanks! :)

10. says

OH NOooooooooooooo, I love Animal Practice, please don’t give up on it….I want to see all the shows and more. This is the pits!!! Everyone who has seen the show that I know love it….why can’t they leave it alone…./cries !!!