Animal Practice: NBC Dumps Final Episode of Cancelled TV Series

If you were looking forward to watching the final scheduled episode of NBC’s Animal Practice tonight, I’ve got some bad news for you.

The network has pulled low-rated Animal Practice from the schedule one week early and replaced it with a new installment of 30 Rock. The “There’s No I in America” was supposed to air tomorrow night but NBC is replacing the comedy block with a rerun of The Voice instead.

Monday’s two-hour Voice and Revolution were pre-empted in several markets due to hurricane coverage and outages. NBC is airing The Voice tomorrow at 8pm and Revolution at 8pm (in place of previously announced reruns of Go On and Guys with Kids).

NBC initially ordered 13 episodes of Animal Practice but only six have been broadcast. The network hasn’t announced any plans to air or release the remaining seven installmetns. NBC cancelled the low-rated sitcom earlier this month but didn’t immediately pull it from the schedule.

What do you think? Would you like NBC to release the remaining episodes of Animal Practice?

Brynn January 15, 2013 at 12:38 am

I’m getting tired of how NBC cancels enjoyable programs like “Animal Practice” and “Chuck” and replaces them with “dumb” stuff or keeps uninteresting programs like the Biggest Loser.

Dan December 13, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I am utterly disappointed that NBC didn’t give the show a fair chance. The only other NBC shows I really watch are “Parks and Recreation” and “30 Rock”. It would be nice if at least they put the unaired episodes “Animal Practice” as either a replacement for a canceled show or on Hulu. “Animal Practice” was definitely different than most everthing else on TV. Apparently, most TV viewers don’t like different.

Lisa December 10, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I really liked animal practice and think that it was much better than Whitney. Will not watch Whitney!

Jeff November 23, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I am so disappointed. I was telling everyone about Dr. Rizzo!!! I was surprised a lot of people hadn’t heard about the show. That’s telling me the marketing efforts fell extremely short. That was one of the most original comedies that has ever hit the TV air waves. It’s a travesty we won’t have the laughs any more. Please bring the show back!!!

Zippo family November 23, 2012 at 4:40 am

We loved Animal Practice. Cant believe it was canceled. Crystal stole the show and was the best part of it. Some of the characters can be left out and maybe develop a little stronger story line . You could have a hit!

amy November 21, 2012 at 2:27 am

i absolutely LOVE this show!

problems is there’s not enough press about it. also, they’re wedging “Animal Practice” between non-comedy shows, which is off-putting attention wise for an audience. but what the hell do i know…

Trena November 18, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I loved this show. I thought it was very funny and I enjoyed watching it. I just wish they wasn’t pulling the show. I LOVED IT!

Kizzy November 14, 2012 at 1:17 am

Pleeeeeeeease bring Animal Practice back!!! Please please please!!! It is sooooo cleverly written. I dont understand why people do not like it. I could watch it over and over again. You could remove the animals and it is STILL funny!!! But I like all the animals and the fact that it is centered around a veterinary hospital. It was not given a chance… at all. The writers are as clever as 30 Rock, Friends, and every other top notch comedy that has ranked high. It will be sorely, sorely missed. :’(

Tommy November 8, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I loved animal practice it was such a great idea. Please release the rest of the season for the A.P. fans

et November 2, 2012 at 8:12 pm

finally an amusing and well written comedy show as opposed to ” the Office” ” New Girl” and such, and of course it is cancelled.. People need to laugh more than ever and Animal Practice provided that comic relief for at least a few minutes. Please at least finish the season shows.

Val Trice November 2, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Loved Animal Practice don’t cancel it-at least release remaining episodes

Marlene November 2, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Please bring back Animal Practice love that show and love that monkey on the program he makes the show! :) thanks! :)

Sooki Nation November 2, 2012 at 3:58 pm

OH NOooooooooooooo, I love Animal Practice, please don’t give up on it….I want to see all the shows and more. This is the pits!!! Everyone who has seen the show that I know love it….why can’t they leave it alone…./cries !!!

Anonymous November 2, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Loved the show. Wish they would bring it back like arrested developement.